Sponsored

Best tonneau cover for me - TruXedo Pro X15?

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am shopping for a tonneau cover for my Maverick. I really don't like tonneau covers but I am probably going to do a couple of trips where I will have luggage in the back that I would like to stay mostly dry. I am also in Germany and we get a little snow. When I drive in the alps, it is possible to get a lot of snow and a cover would help keep it out.

When I get back to the USA, I will probably take the cover off.

Anyhow, I did a couple of hours of reading on here and on the internet in general and think that the TruXedo Pro X15 Soft Roll Up Truck Bed Cover is the best for my needs. I want:
- Removable
- Sit pretty flush
- Keep things in the bed mostly dry

I am not concerned about locking it or theft.

Is the Truxedo pro 15 the best for me? Any suggestions the best place to buy it? I would need it shipped to Germany but I have a US post office box here.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I followed the link and called tonneaufactoryoutlet.com

A real person answered the phone and told me that they won't ship to my APO box and that shipping to my German address would cost as much as the cover itself. I will have to find another seller. I think I could have it shipped to someone in the states and then have that person send it to me in the mail. It has to be USPS to go to my APO and I don' think they will use USPS because they probably have a deal with FedEx or something like that.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Reach out to @Realtruck and see if they can help you out - they are a forum sponsor and you'll get a discount dealing with them directly as well.

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
im pretty happy with my lomax trifold.

seals well - nice build quality.

Sponsored

Realtruck

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Realtruck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Reach out to @Realtruck and see if they can help you out - they are a forum sponsor and you'll get a discount dealing with them directly as well.
Unfortunately we cannot ship to APO's either as we use FedEx as well and cannot use USPS and cannot ship outside the continental US

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I followed the link and called tonneaufactoryoutlet.com

A real person answered the phone and told me that they won't ship to my APO box and that shipping to my German address would cost as much as the cover itself. I will have to find another seller. I think I could have it shipped to someone in the states and then have that person send it to me in the mail. It has to be USPS to go to my APO and I don' think they will use USPS because they probably have a deal with FedEx or something like that.
The family or friend route might be your best bet.

JimCT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am shopping for a tonneau cover for my Maverick. I really don't like tonneau covers but I am probably going to do a couple of trips where I will have luggage in the back that I would like to stay mostly dry. I am also in Germany and we get a little snow. When I drive in the alps, it is possible to get a lot of snow and a cover would help keep it out.

When I get back to the USA, I will probably take the cover off.

Anyhow, I did a couple of hours of reading on here and on the internet in general and think that the TruXedo Pro X15 Soft Roll Up Truck Bed Cover is the best for my needs. I want:
- Removable
- Sit pretty flush
- Keep things in the bed mostly dry

I am not concerned about locking it or theft.

Is the Truxedo pro 15 the best for me? Any suggestions the best place to buy it? I would need it shipped to Germany but I have a US post office box here.
For what it's worth, I went with the Truxedo LoPro, which is a very similar tonneau to the Pro X15 in terms of function and installation. The two main differences are thae the LoPro actually has a slightly higher profile and it has a more vinyl (not quite shiny) cover instead of the matte, cloth-like material on the X15. It's also a bit cheaper, which is why I went with it.

I've had it on for six months and I'm very happy with the quality and function of mine, but if I had it to do over again I would spend a little extra to go with the X15 for the look and material.

MrHomeGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Truxedo manual states fabric is not waterproof. Mine drips and bed is wet after any rain .

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Truxedo manual states fabric is not waterproof. Mine drips and bed is wet after any rain .
Did yours have a rubber footing at the end of the rail abuting the closed tail gate?
Sponsored