First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed the exact same unit about a month ago. It mildly flutters at freeway speed (not significant). I noticed what seemed to be slightly more road noise, kind of like a drum.

It works exactly like I wanted. Very easy to roll up to haul tall stuff in the bed. Very easy to roll back out and close.

I want the lighting, probably my next mod.
Sponsored

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Up under the bed rails and above the factory C channels. There are holes (6) along the length of the bed that I added push-in zip ties to help hold the LED strip. The double faced tape won't work on the bed liner. I'll see if I can get a better pic tomorrow.
thanks for posting this.. I plan on ordering and installing the same kit. Would you mind snapping a few pics of how youā€™ve mounted the light bars as well as the wiring / switch?

LILā€™ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here you go!! I didn't have double face tape to hold the switch in place, but it's going to go somewhere near the factory switch.

PXL_20220113_212603063.jpg

PXL_20220113_212610307.MP.jpg

PXL_20220113_212640487.jpg
Hello Cactus Friend! Thanks for the awesome pictures, links, and info/post! Iā€™m so excited I get my tonneau cover and deflectors installed on 1/27!! I have saved the ledā€™s in my Amazon cart for now! I love how they come with the connector that will just connect to the mavericks 12vdc flexbed connections!! This looks great!! So you can turn them off and on with this button at any time? Or you have to cycle the ignition switch? Then you have 15 minutes of power.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here you go!! I didn't have double face tape to hold the switch in place, but it's going to go somewhere near the factory switch.

PXL_20220113_212603063.jpg

PXL_20220113_212610307.MP.jpg

PXL_20220113_212640487.jpg
I'm thinking of wiring mine directly to the factory switch one less thing to go wrong šŸ˜ƒ

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 9167

Hello Cactus Friend! Thanks for the awesome pictures, links, and info/post! Iā€™m so excited I get my tonneau cover and deflectors installed on 1/27!! I have saved the ledā€™s in my Amazon cart for now! I love how they come with the connector that will just connect to the mavericks 12vdc flexbed connections!! This looks great!! So you can turn them off and on with this button at any time? Or you have to cycle the ignition switch? Then you have 15 minutes of power.
Welcome! I know if you roll the key to accessory, then back off, you'll have ~15mins of switched power. Unfortunately if you just unlock the truck, that circuit doesn't have power. I think this is by design by Ford.

Wiring it to the factory switch would make a lot of sense because it's constant-on, but I hate messing with factory wiring. Just personal preference.

LILā€™ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome! I know if you roll the key to accessory, then back off, you'll have ~15mins of switched power. Unfortunately if you just unlock the truck, that circuit doesn't have power. I think this is by design by Ford.

Wiring it to the factory switch would make a lot of sense because it's constant-on, but I hate messing with factory wiring. Just personal preference.
Thanks for the quick reply! Ok, that wouldnā€™t be too bad honestly! Safer that way for me (battery rundown) and it keeps the bed outlet power plug open for other use. Also, like you said better/safer to leave factory wiring alone. Looks so good!!! Iā€™m excited to get mine done and weather to improve to go camping with our little pop up camper.

Chrisjt0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat EB FX4 LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the pro x15 and installed it per instructions, but something isnā€™t right with the fit and I could barely get the header bar attached, and the cover wonā€™t latch with the tailgate up.

I bought it from real truck and they are looking into it, but it seems like the rail end caps on mine are a little different than what Iā€™ve seen in some install videos.
I have the rails set about as far back as they can go at the tailgate, but at the front /cab end, there are ~1ā€ extensions that prevent the header bar from fitting in.

pictures are of the front and back rails.
What does yours look like at these two spots? Do you have that 1ā€ extension cap in the front?

Hello MTC members, new user here, sharing images of my newly installed tonneau cover and bed lighting additions.

Ordered the Pro X15 because I liked the look of the low-profile design and compatibility with aftermarket bed rails which I plan to install later with some kind of a bed rack. Also, I ordered through a friend who gets discounts for $398 shipped direct from Truxedo. This is the first truck I've ever owned, so I had no idea some of these tonneau covers are over $1000! Only a few pics below... might need to make a few adjustments to make it more taught, but otherwise no complaints!

PXL_20211231_181802657.jpg

PXL_20211231_181753846.jpg

And since the cover blocks the overhead cab lights (which I switched to LED), I added an inexpensive kit from Amazon. I am a complete idiot when it comes to electrical work, but the FLEXBED add-on accessory power was super simple. Hardest part was routing wires from the passenger side under the truck to meet the driver side. But the result is night and day.

BEFORE

PXL_20220103_222013053.jpg

AFTER

PXL_20220103_222022235.jpg
Ford Maverick Truxedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover and LED Bed Lighting INSTALLED D86BA67C-6D76-4E83-9313-C63A9AB1621F

Ford Maverick Truxedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover and LED Bed Lighting INSTALLED BF1AF24A-E227-4031-8F8F-7975FD2B5DB7

OP
OP

Deleted member 9167

What does yours look like at these two spots? Do you have that 1ā€ extension cap in the front?
Hmm, I'll have to go out and look later today (snowing at the moment!). I remember my header was difficult to clip it at the cab, but I eventually got it in and locked. I also remember that the cover wouldn't close with the tailgate up on the first try. I had to back off some of the tension on both sides, and then it was fine.

Chrisjt0

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat EB FX4 LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmm, I'll have to go out and look later today (snowing at the moment!). I remember my header was difficult to clip it at the cab, but I eventually got it in and locked. I also remember that the cover wouldn't close with the tailgate up on the first try. I had to back off some of the tension on both sides, and then it was fine.
Thatā€™d be awesome if you could snap a pic when you get a chanceā€¦ Iā€™m mostly curious if others have the plastic extension cap at the front of the rails, as this doesnā€™t show up on the installation parts list. Itā€™s Lamaist as if the rails were cut too short and then someone extended them

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 9167

Thatā€™d be awesome if you could snap a pic when you get a chanceā€¦ Iā€™m mostly curious if others have the plastic extension cap at the front of the rails, as this doesnā€™t show up on the installation parts list. Itā€™s Lamaist as if the rails were cut too short and then someone extended them
Ok so it appears that I do NOT have the extra plastic extension. I'm wondering if you got the correct part number...

Ford Maverick Truxedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover and LED Bed Lighting INSTALLED PXL_20220128_211621626

OP
OP

Deleted member 9167

I edited my OP to share an image of any water infiltration. It's been raining all day (fairly steady) and here is what the bed looks like. Not bad in my mind, but not perfectly dry, which I expected. No complaints!

Ford Maverick Truxedo Pro X15 Tonneau Cover and LED Bed Lighting INSTALLED PXL_20220204_030256943.MP

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The flopping seems to be a natural part of these type covers. I thought I would live with it, but after having the MX4 on my Nissan, I cannot do the TruXedo soft cover. It's not that it's a bad cover it's just that I am so damn picky.
Sponsored