First Name
elon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cactus grey xlt maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Recently dropped my truck off at the dealership and and the agent immediately addressed the engine SHUDDER issue that occurs, due to me previously messaging the ford rep on this forum, who opened up a case for my vehicle for this specific issue. the engine shudder occurs occasionally when transitioning from gas to electric/regen braking.
will keep this post updated with what comes out of this.
Sponsored

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How many miles on the truck?

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Keep me posted.
I dropped mine off Tuesday.
They returned it Friday.
Paperwork said "can not duplicate customer's concern".

But one guy told me they are only allowed to drive it one time around the block, and THIS ISSUE is intermittent.

Sounds like I will need to drop it off several times for the same issue until they get sick of seeing me and do something.

🤷🏻‍♂️

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Keep me posted.
I dropped mine off Tuesday.
They returned it Friday.
Paperwork said "can not duplicate customer's concern".

But one guy told me they are only allowed to drive it one time around the block, and THIS ISSUE is intermittent.

Sounds like I will need to drop it off several times for the same issue until they get sick of seeing me and do something.

🤷🏻‍♂️
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this shudder concern. Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP

jodiemon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
elon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cactus grey xlt maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
update, got my truck back yesterday after airbags, oilchange, tsbs were done. the service advisor told me that he wanted to send my truck to the powertrain department for proper diagnosis and probable repair because he did feel the shudder when testing my truck. I decided to pickup my truck instead because my advisor told me it would have to sit in line at the dealership for the powertrain dept for another two weeks. I will wait until I see other people resolve this issue to send my truck to the dealer again regarding the shudder.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine gets shuddered sometimes and I hope the new update will take care of that. So far so good.

stats

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
LD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Hot Pepper XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The infamous shudder started on my truck about a year ago at around 1200 miles. Was one of the first group posting about it in March/April 2022. Like you see on these threads, Ford customer relations requested my info which I provided and resulted in a service call from local dealer. I declined to jump into that process knowing that it would be frustrating ("weren't able to duplicate it") and there would be no local expertise (other than parts swapping to new defective parts.)

There are scores of reports here on this site and this is only the "enthusiasts"--Ford has to be well aware of the shudder issue. I would have thought by now Ford would have issued a TSB or NHTSA would be involved. Hopefully they are figuring it out? Perhaps this is one of the issues causing them to trickle out production of the Hybrid Mavs?

With a year (and 15K) of factory warranty gone I'm a bit worried at the delay in Ford addressing the issue. Now that the prevalence of the issue is clear, I plan on taking the truck in now to document the issue in case of future class action litigation or repair costs.

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Truck has been at the dealer for 6 WEEKS fro the shudder issue . Had the wheels balanced and aligned same issue . Then they told me the front axle was bad . They ordered the wrong side correct one came in . They installed new axle still have the same issue . This truck is a LEMON !!!!!!!!!!!’.LEMON

• Sad
Reactions: GRB

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
So when you guys say shutter I take it that it's something you can feel? Does it make any kind of noise? My wife and I test drove a 23 Escape Hybrid (same system) and sometimes when you brake the Escape would make a bad noise almost like a rubbing noise and then go away. Sounds like maybe you guys are describing something else?

Sponsored

Bobbydontchaknow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife and I took my maverick hybrid to grab a bite to eat. While in hybrid mod I started slowing down coming to a stop sign. The whole car shook going from ice to charge while slowing down. My wife look at me and said wtf was that. I said I think the engine shuddered as I read about it in the forums. She’s like great. Is this brand new truck with 860 miles on it broken already. Smh. Disappointing to say the lease. Not looking forward to going down this rabbit hole with the dealer

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife and I took my maverick hybrid to grab a bite to eat. While in hybrid mod I started slowing down coming to a stop sign. The whole car shook going from ice to charge while slowing down. My wife look at me and said wtf was that. I said I think the engine shuddered as I read about it in the forums. She’s like great. Is this brand new truck with 860 miles on it broken already. Smh. Disappointing to say the lease. Not looking forward to going down this rabbit hole with the dealer
No you won't enjoy that rabbit hole at all. I got no where - no one has gotten any where.

Old Kevv

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me, I have only had a shudder/shake when turning my mav OFF. It kept running for 3-5 secs after turning key to off position.

shake.... shudder... off.

Its happened intermittently 2-3 times since I got it only 2k Miles on it.

• Sad
Reactions: GRB

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
For me, I have only had a shudder/shake when turning my mav OFF. It kept running for 3-5 secs after turning key to off position.

shake.... shudder... off.

Its happened intermittently 2-3 times since I got it only 2k Miles on it.
Hello! I can take a closer look into your Maverick shudder concerns. Can you send us a direct message with your VIN and the dealership name/location?
Sponsored