First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah that was my thought too, seems like a waste of time.
My thoughts as well as first happen severely after 500 miles but somewhere in these type of threads mentioned a seating that may resolve. My thoughts it was if the gas engine was rapidly switching on and off as coasting or a slight feather to try to keep it in hybrid green zone or the car learning my drive. Was around 30 mph and a slight up hill grade.

It will have to be consistent before I take it in as figured the same. They say they could not replicate it and a was of time.
Sponsored

jeffml222

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have (2023 hybrid, 3.5 weeks old). Regarding shudders while moving I got my first minor then one large earthquake shudder at 225.0kms, just minor shudders since. I started to notice this weird lunging feeling when brakes are on at first stop sign after ice turns on for my commute home, starting last week- others have had this shudder / lurch feeling while sitting stopped.
My 2023 hybrid was built mid December 2022. I picked it up Jan 31, 2023. I have had the exact same experience. I have almost 1500 miles on it now and have had a bunch of minor shudders, a couple major ones, and the lunging/lurching feeling when stopped on my first few stop signs in the morning. Shudders happen at low speeds when coasting or braking. More noticeable in the cold but has happened on warmer days too.

I even feel like the truckā€™s ride is more bumpy lately too. I hate it because I canā€™t tell if I am over thinking it or if itā€™s really happening. I wonā€™t experience a shudder for a day or two, then boom it happens again. Then Iā€™m back to over analyzing the ride quality and being anxious.

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2023 hybrid was built mid December 2022. I picked it up Jan 31, 2023. I have had the exact same experience. I have almost 1500 miles on it now and have had a bunch of minor shudders, a couple major ones, and the lunging/lurching feeling when stopped on my first few stop signs in the morning. Shudders happen at low speeds when coasting or braking. More noticeable in the cold but has happened on warmer days too.

I even feel like the truckā€™s ride is more bumpy lately too. I hate it because I canā€™t tell if I am over thinking it or if itā€™s really happening. I wonā€™t experience a shudder for a day or two, then boom it happens again. Then Iā€™m back to over analyzing the ride quality and being anxious.
Yeah I relate to all of this. I thought maybe it was the cold too, but some days arenā€™t really cold at all, like 10c

jeffml222

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I relate to all of this. I thought maybe it was the cold too, but some days arenā€™t really cold at all, like 10c
One of those big shudders occurred on a day with temps around 50F and the truck had been running for at least 30 minutes.

Not to mention that two of the intense ā€œrumble stripā€ shudder experiences happened while making a lefthand turn. Itā€™s not a reassuring feeling having your truck seem like itā€™s about to stall while crossing lanes.

I almost wish it would happen more frequently at this point. I just know if I took it to the dealer it wouldnā€™t happen that day. But something isnā€™t right and I hope it doesnā€™t cause an accident.

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I booked an appointment for April to take it in. I doubt they will find anything if trying to replicate on a quick drive but who knows. Will be good to document it I think. Or maybe Ford will have a solution by then?

Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's correct. As in, I got out of the car and looked under the hood to see if I could see anything. (Not that I would have any clue what I was looking at.)
Sounds like the engine to transmission connection I believe is called the damper. Ths could be the shudder your refering to as the truck doesnt need to be moving. In fact it jappens at idle mostly I berlive. There is another thread on this
I booked an appointment for April to take it in. I doubt they will find anything if trying to replicate on a quick drive but who knows. Will be good to document it I think. Or maybe Ford will have a solution by then?
This could be the problem with the connection between engine and transmission I think its called the damper. There is another thread on this.

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like the engine to transmission connection I believe is called the damper. Ths could be the shudder your refering to as the truck doesnt need to be moving. In fact it jappens at idle mostly I berlive. There is another thread on this
This could be the problem with the connection between engine and transmission I think its called the damper. There is another thread on this.
The reason I donā€™t think those guys are fully correct is that if it was purely mechanical you would think it might happen consistently, but it doesnā€™t. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø Makes me think it could be programming related for the ICE/ hybrid handoffs and communication.

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The reason I donā€™t think those guys are fully correct is that if it was purely mechanical you would think it might happen consistently, but it doesnā€™t. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø Makes me think it could be programming related for the ICE/ hybrid handoffs and communication.

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2022 Maverick hybrid shuddering real bad . Had wheel alignment and wheels balanced. Still having same issue . Took to ford dealer mechanic notice axle boot leaking so they ordered an axle. If the axle boot is leaking doesnā€™t mean that the axle is bad . Truck is at the dealer for a week now when fixed I still think I will have the same issue . It shudders and shakes when accelerating.at any speed . I believe all the Mavericks hybrids will have this problem eventually 26,000 miles on truck .

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2022 Maverick hybrid shuddering real bad . Had wheel alignment and wheels balanced. Still having same issue . Took to ford dealer mechanic notice axle boot leaking so they ordered an axle. If the axle boot is leaking doesnā€™t mean that the axle is bad . Truck is at the dealer for a week now when fixed I still think I will have the same issue . It shudders and shakes when accelerating.at any speed . I believe all the Mavericks hybrids will have this problem eventually 26,000 miles on truck .
22,000 miles on my Shadow Black and I've never had the shudder. I know someone with 80,000 plus miles and has never had the shudder. So at this point I say your prediction that all hybrids will experience this is speculation at best. It seems that folks that have had this usually it come on earlier rather than late based on what I've read on the forum. I guess time will tell for sure. I think if this was a wide issue there would be a TSB or recall. Seems Ford isn't afraid to do a recall.

Sponsored

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
22,000 miles on my Shadow Black and I've never had the shudder. I know someone with 80,000 plus miles and has never had the shudder. So at this point I say your prediction that all hybrids will experience this is speculation at best. It seems that folks that have had this usually it come on earlier rather than late based on what I've read on the forum. I guess time will tell for sure. I think if this was a wide issue there would be a TSB or recall. Seems Ford isn't afraid to do a recall.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Maverickshudder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just experienced a shudder on Monday while stopping to exit a parking lot. Low speed, hard shuddering. I need to see if I caught it on my dashcam.

In my case: it happened at a very slow speed while letting off the gas. Almost like the grabby brake issue from TSB-22-2493 suggests. Even more interesting to note that I previously noted a P0402 on mine around 850 miles on the odo thinking it was bad gas as it cleared and hasn't come back since. Mine is now at 7200 miles.

In another post, it was noted that the grabby brake TSB seemed to reduce the shudder issue.

So for those getting the shudder, I would suggest having your dealer perform the update part of TSB-22-2493 at a minimum. Mine is already scheduled for service soon for the side curtain airbag recall and going to ask them to perform it on mine at the same time.

I am also going to pull the memory card from my dashcam and see if it caught the shudder and add it to this post in the morning if it did capture it.

[EDIT} albeit a bit late, here is the video clip of the shudder I experienced Monday:
Ford Maverick Hybrid shudder recall 8E8033A3-18FF-483C-AEF7-C182195285DE

Luckynail

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL hybrid /360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
46000 plus miles and it has been happening to mine for the last month or two. I was able to make a video of it happening today - I understand there is a pcm update for this as stated on another thread - but I havenā€™t heard anyone mention a slipping/surge sensation when slowing both seem to have started around the same time šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored

Last edited: