2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Has anyone tried to fix this on their own? I work at a Ford dealership and can't get any info on when they will have the fix. It's very frustrating because I got the 4k towing because I have a trailer to tow... obviously.
I tried to splice a wire from my drivers side tail light to the 7 pin wire harness. Tested it with a volt meter and everything was working. Went home, hooked up my trailer and my left tail light stopped working. After I unplugged the trailer and restarted my truck the tail light started working again so I didn't blow a fuse. Does anybody have any ideas on how to make this work atleast temporarily until Ford fixes their f up?
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
tiny 12v relay triggered by tail light. tapped into 12v bed accessory power for lights?
or, led trailer bulbs?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look at my posting and info, maybe you could have one of your tech's show you where the S122 splice is, order the connector kit, and fix it like my dealer did?
S122 is somewhere inline to the 3-pin connector on the rear of the LH headlight assembly for the Turn Signal/Park Lamp. So realistically you could just tap that same Blue w/ Gray stripe wire at the headlight itself and run it to installing a pin 33 on the BJB connector.

Of course I went digging through the service manual on my slow ass work PC and then realized that repair receipt actually has all of the diagrams. D'oh.

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm waiting for my recall repair today. The parts came in finally, and hopefully they'll be done by the time I need to leave work!

Sponsored

angry_mechanic

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CG Maverick XLT 2.0L AWD w/ FX4 & 4K Pkg.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anyone tried to fix this on their own? I work at a Ford dealership and can't get any info on when they will have the fix. It's very frustrating because I got the 4k towing because I have a trailer to tow... obviously.
I tried to splice a wire from my drivers side tail light to the 7 pin wire harness. Tested it with a volt meter and everything was working. Went home, hooked up my trailer and my left tail light stopped working. After I unplugged the trailer and restarted my truck the tail light started working again so I didn't blow a fuse. Does anybody have any ideas on how to make this work atleast temporarily until Ford fixes their f up?
I just posted a write-up on this under the repairs/TSB/Recall section :) Cheers!

OP
OP
TJ2023

TJ2023

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just posted a write-up on this under the repairs/TSB/Recall section :) Cheers!
Thanks. Little late for me, as soon as the official fix came out I was the first one at my dealership to get it done! I totally failed on trying to fix it myself.

angry_mechanic

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CG Maverick XLT 2.0L AWD w/ FX4 & 4K Pkg.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. Little late for me, as soon as the official fix came out I was the first one at my dealership to get it done! I totally failed on trying to fix it myself.
Copy that! I figured as much but thought I'd throw it out there. Take care!
Sponsored