Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a short video but did not think it would be appropriate to post here. I dont know anything about this person. I was worried about my injuries.
Yeah, priorities.
Sponsored

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

after reading your post, I remembered reading a complaint on the nhsta site that has always stuck out to me. Is there more to this side airbag recall than what ford is letting on? Are the new modules being installed correcting more than simply a side impact malfunction? Just seems odd to me.
Report this to the nhsta for sure; I’m glad you were okay but someone else may not be next time.

0D4D29BC-6F0D-462B-98AC-721E2168D105.png
I just received a letter from Ford. My Mav is under the recall on the defective window air bags. They are not expecting parts until Jan of 2023.

glad To hear you and your family are safe

Bburg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So sorry for the accident and your Mav being totaled. Glad your alright, bur the air bag situation scares me. Mine is on the way after 14 months, all I need is an air bag recall.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry about your MAV. Glad you are left with minor injuries.
Airbags. Simple google search. I don’t think all bags just deploy.

Ford Maverick Totaled! The most beautiful Maverick is off the road RIP vezpa's Maverick 236DF2E7-2A6B-4A37-9909-C24677D1C814

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Most important, you and your brother weren't seriously injured. The drunk/drugged up woman that hit you didn't get away, and her efforts to leave, fight, and then attempt to run from the police will assure they probably throw every charge they can think of at her.

Some accidents are just that, but not this one. This would have been totally avoidable by this woman having stayed off the road if she wasn't in any shape to so much as even leave her house without posing a threat to the public.
Some people will sue for anything, but to sue someone who is this irresponsible and reckless should be regarded as warranted for the damages they are solely responsible for having caused. If you haven't gotten names and phone numbers from witnesses, try and do so and make sure you get compensated for any losses and bills you may have yet to incur.
As for your Maverick being totaled, until the insurance company weighs in, I wouldn't assume that it is. But if it is, make sure you hit this woman with the replacement costs for your Maverick at current market costs. Make her irresponsibility hurt!

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So sorry for the accident and your Mav being totaled. Glad your alright, bur the air bag situation scares me. Mine is on the way after 14 months, all I need is an air bag recall.
You're scared now because his airbags worked 100% as designed? You know these things don't have to be mysterious. The information is out there if you will just look into it.

The airbag recall for the curtain airbags is absolutely unrelated to this.

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good news you and your brother are not in the hospital. The steel bumper shown in the pics stood up well to the impact, true to Built Ford Tough. Fast recovery to you and your brother….and hate the idea you have to wait getting another Mav.

Yvonne Federowicz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Yvonne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT ordered 11/21; Subaru XTrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well guys,

I just got back from the hospital with my brother. My truck was totaled today so now someone else has the nicest Maverick on the road.

We were hit at an estimated 50-60mph by a woman who was apparently under the influence and ran a red light at 12:00pm in the afternoon.

We were going through an intersection after waiting for a light at a 6 way intersection. We were almost through the intersection and a woman in a 2022 Dodge Charger just flew through the light trying to turn and obliterated the front end of my Maverick. She shot through traffic like a movie. I believe she may have also hit the guy next to us as she weaved through the intersection but they never stopped, probably because they didn't have insurance.

I saw her at the last second and tried my best to stop but she hit from the front and side. So many thoughts flashed through my mind at that last second when I knew what was about to happen and then ...BOOM the loudest and hardest hit as the hood folded up. I looked over to see my brother was OK and then looked over to her. She had jumped out to access the damage and then hopped back into her car to try to get away. Lucky she had catastrophically damaged her Charger so that all her airbags deployed, the engine wouldn't start and the control arm was broken on her front tire.

What happened next was a circus. We made it clear she wasn't going anywhere. The police arrived fast because they were blocks away. I hobbled off to the side of the road and laid against a building in pain while my brother handled the situation. They conducted a field sobriety test. She had been drinking and had an open container in the car. We heard they apparently also found drugs. This is where it gets good. As they handcuffed her she began fighting with police. 3 officers against her. My brother said she tried to run when they put cuffs on her. I could not see from where I was laying on the ground but they had to taze her to get her to comply and I could hear it. I guess the police finally got her under control and she went to jail. Witnesses who saw the accident stopped to wait for police, and one couple said she blew through a stop sign 2 blocks away and almost took them out too. They told police it looked like she was doing 80 when she hit us. What a circus.

As for the Maverick. Its done. It took that hit so hard. We both had our seatbelts on thankfully. What I want to know is why only the lower knee airbag went off on my side possibly causing this damage to my knee. I would have thought al
mav4.jpg
mav3.jpg
mav1.jpg
mav5.jpg
mav2.jpg
l the front airbags should have went off. The whole front end is destroyed and pushed in. All the fluids were on the street. The fact the driver and passenger steering wheel and dash airbags didn't go off is very scary I think further investigation into this is needed. My wrist is messed up from the wheel, my knee is messed up from possibly the lower air bag, my ankle is hyper extended and I have whiplash. The rest of my body feels like I was beaten with a baseball bat in a streetfight. God knows what I will feel like in the AM.

I was one of the first to order a Maverick, exactly the way I wanted it. I loved it. It was the exact truck I wanted. Now because of the actions of some scumbag it will be gone. I cannot even order another one exactly like this because FORD changed the XL so you can't order a Sunroof. I got my truck last October so I felt like an ambassador of the Maverick being a first to many aftermarket parts and options. I have answered so many questions since purchasing and have totally hyped the product.

I had the foresight, enough to place an order for another 2023 Maverick a few weeks back. I was going to get another, a Hybrid, now I will have to change the order, and add all the constraint BS items that I had to make it my only Maverick. who knows how long I will have to wait for this truck.

I really liked this truck. I spent a lot of time making it PERFECT. At least my brother and I are relatively OK and alive although I'm banged up and in pain. Why did the front airbags not deploy?

mav4.jpg

mav3.jpg

mav1.jpg

mav5.jpg

mav2.jpg
Hoping for a quick and complete recovery for you. You'll get another Maverick!

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow, I really feel for you and your brother. Really glad neither of you weren’t hurt worse.

Yes, it’s disturbing that the airbags didn’t deploy correctly - hopefully that will be thoroughly investigated.
Anyone else get a recall notice on the side curtain airbags?

Jbuys

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well guys,

I just got back from the hospital with my brother. My truck was totaled today so now someone else has the nicest Maverick on the road.

We were hit at an estimated 50-60mph by a woman who was apparently under the influence and ran a red light at 12:00pm in the afternoon.

We were going through an intersection after waiting for a light at a 6 way intersection. We were almost through the intersection and a woman in a 2022 Dodge Charger just flew through the light trying to turn and obliterated the front end of my Maverick. She shot through traffic like a movie. I believe she may have also hit the guy next to us as she weaved through the intersection but they never stopped, probably because they didn't have insurance.

I saw her at the last second and tried my best to stop but she hit from the front and side. So many thoughts flashed through my mind at that last second when I knew what was about to happen and then ...BOOM the loudest and hardest hit as the hood folded up. I looked over to see my brother was OK and then looked over to her. She had jumped out to access the damage and then hopped back into her car to try to get away. Lucky she had catastrophically damaged her Charger so that all her airbags deployed, the engine wouldn't start and the control arm was broken on her front tire.

What happened next was a circus. We made it clear she wasn't going anywhere. The police arrived fast because they were blocks away. I hobbled off to the side of the road and laid against a building in pain while my brother handled the situation. They conducted a field sobriety test. She had been drinking and had an open container in the car. We heard they apparently also found drugs. This is where it gets good. As they handcuffed her she began fighting with police. 3 officers against her. My brother said she tried to run when they put cuffs on her. I could not see from where I was laying on the ground but they had to taze her to get her to comply and I could hear it. I guess the police finally got her under control and she went to jail. Witnesses who saw the accident stopped to wait for police, and one couple said she blew through a stop sign 2 blocks away and almost took them out too. They told police it looked like she was doing 80 when she hit us. What a circus.

As for the Maverick. Its done. It took that hit so hard. We both had our seatbelts on thankfully. What I want to know is why only the lower knee airbag went off on my side possibly causing this damage to my knee. I would have thought al
mav4.jpg
mav3.jpg
mav1.jpg
mav5.jpg
mav2.jpg
l the front airbags should have went off. The whole front end is destroyed and pushed in. All the fluids were on the street. The fact the driver and passenger steering wheel and dash airbags didn't go off is very scary I think further investigation into this is needed. My wrist is messed up from the wheel, my knee is messed up from possibly the lower air bag, my ankle is hyper extended and I have whiplash. The rest of my body feels like I was beaten with a baseball bat in a streetfight. God knows what I will feel like in the AM.

I was one of the first to order a Maverick, exactly the way I wanted it. I loved it. It was the exact truck I wanted. Now because of the actions of some scumbag it will be gone. I cannot even order another one exactly like this because FORD changed the XL so you can't order a Sunroof. I got my truck last October so I felt like an ambassador of the Maverick being a first to many aftermarket parts and options. I have answered so many questions since purchasing and have totally hyped the product.

I had the foresight, enough to place an order for another 2023 Maverick a few weeks back. I was going to get another, a Hybrid, now I will have to change the order, and add all the constraint BS items that I had to make it my only Maverick. who knows how long I will have to wait for this truck.

I really liked this truck. I spent a lot of time making it PERFECT. At least my brother and I are relatively OK and alive although I'm banged up and in pain. Why did the front airbags not deploy?

mav4.jpg

mav3.jpg

mav1.jpg

mav5.jpg

mav2.jpg
Sorry to say but you will not be able to change your order. You cannot change engine options, ie: Hybrid to EcoBoost or trim levels, ie: XL to XLT, etc. So I guess you are stuck with the Hybrid. You can add options and packages to your new order to make it like what you had but like you said a lot of them are constrained and may make it harder to get, but you will have to stick with the Hybrid.

Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ugh! I am so sorry. That sucks. Keep us posted on how you are doing please.

AndrewinMD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll add my voice to the comments advising to retain an attorney and pursue remedies for future costs. The personal injury (PI) attorneys typically work for a percentage of money gained and not by the hour, and while they can be blood-sucking ambulance chasers, the good ones have a very effective system for recovering money from insurance companies. I used to work for a couple of them years ago, and they aren't all bad (though some are!).

Anyway, one person mentioned having medical problems in the future from this accident, and it's VERY possible. My mother-in-law was hit by a cement truck decades ago, and only found out a few years ago that her back was so damaged that she was at risk of being a paraplegic with just a minor injury to the right spot. She had surgery to correct that, then had complications. The tragedy is that my in-laws took a settlement (not a particularly massive one) from the truck's company way back when and did NOT have any remedy for this injury later on, nor were they properly compensated for the severity of the accident and the injuries my MIL suffered. They never went to an attorney at the time and now regret it.

There are other considerations when pursuing legal remedies that a PI attorney will know about -- how to locate assets, what injuries are compensable, etc. Best to hire an expert with such a serious accident.

Glad that you and your brother are all right, given the circumstances.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry for the wreck and injuries...As other have said, often broken bones and other injuries may seem to heal but the body often does not forget. Basketball injury 30 yrs ago and it still lingers depending on the weather.

Remember your black roof graphics and posting that your Maverick was the sharpest on the site. Remember to add the roof graphics and all the other stuff you did to an insurance claim.

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm happy neither of you was seriously injured. It looks like the Maverick did a great job of protecting you both. Any vehicle can be replaced, although in this case will take some time. Wish you the best of recovery.
Sponsored