First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I own an Fx4 and love it ,, but Moab? i think not. I have been a (stock) 2 door jeep Wrangler owner for the past 20 yrs, I could drive up to a brick wall and climb it , but sadly i will not be trying this with my XLT FX4 or even the Tremor (If I could even get one :rolleyes: ) My Maverick is better in every way except in the rough. Its all about approach angle and ground clearance. I still would not trade my Mav its the best at almost everything.(y)
Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can buy 2 or 3 Mavericks for the price of an F150. You can fill up the gas tank of 2.5 Mavericks or an F150.

I live on a farm, and the Maverick is the easiest current production pickup truck to load up with 10-15 bags of feed/seed/fertilizer. I can reach stuff in the middle of the bed, which makes it easy to unload.

I live in a state with personal property tax. We get 40% off on the first $20K of fair market value.

I have driven a truck for 30 years. The Maverick rides and handles better than any of them. It's easy to park. It seems rather fast. There are too many gizmos, but I like the CP360 quite a bit.

All of this makes the Maverick very interesting indeed.

There is no alternative for me.

OP
OP

TexasHybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Mustang GT- Silver, '15 Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Moab yes ... in context. I owned a 4Runner manual 4x4 20 years ago, did many Moab trails stock and it ran fine with the stock Jeeps, in context. What I've seen with the Bronco Sport (and extend that to the Tremor) it can handle some of of the trails reasonably. Don't know if I would do it, but I think it could. A true low range transfer case vehicle would be best, but the Maverick Tremor could. I could be wrong.

I was (maybe still am) as Escape or CRV Plug In Hybrid buyer, an F-150. The Maverick stopped me in my tracks and I ordered one. We'll see what the manufacturers do and offer. F-150 has gotten just crazy expensive and I want the used supply to catch up. Will be a few years.

Will be interesting in the next few model years what the competition and Ford does.

I am a tall guy, got a test sit in the Maverick on Saturday, it works. Back seat will not work when I am driving but my normal use case is no one normally is in the back seat.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
True. Honda could pull it off. But the new CR-V starts at $32k now, so IDK how they'd get a compact truck off that platform to be price competitive
and the civic starts at 22.5k (just for reference, obvs wouldnt be the same platform) so whatever they brought to market would likely be more price competitive with the santa cruz.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I own an Fx4 and love it ,, but Moab? i think not. I have been a (stock) 2 door jeep Wrangler owner for the past 20 yrs, I could drive up to a brick wall and climb it , but sadly i will not be trying this with my XLT FX4 or even the Tremor (If I could even get one :rolleyes: ) My Maverick is better in every way except in the rough. Its all about approach angle and ground clearance. I still would not trade my Mav its the best at almost everything.(y)
During the Bronco roll out/testing, a Bronco Sport was towing a Wrangler up obstacles in Moab. Maybe the Maverick desnt have all the same angles, but it does have the good approach on the Tremor.

Sponsored

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
During the Bronco roll out/testing, a Bronco Sport was towing a Wrangler up obstacles in Moab. Maybe the Maverick desnt have all the same angles, but it does have the good approach on the Tremor.
I take your word for it but, at the cottage there is this smooth bus size rock that i would climb with the kids for fun and then come down at crall speed (with both my 2001 TJ and my 2019 Wrangler) both stock Jeeps, I still look at it longingly but theres no way in hell my Mav can even approach it.

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im sure its strong enough to climb it but i just cant approach it and keep my bumpers.

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
But there is a 14 degree decent , and the hill decent on the Mav works great.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I take your word for it but, at the cottage there is this smooth bus size rock that i would climb with the kids for fun and then come down at crall speed (with both my 2001 TJ and my 2019 Wrangler) both stock Jeeps, I still look at it longingly but theres no way in hell my Mav can even approach it.
Oh I get ya, most of my wheeling has been in 4 different CJs from stock to 5.5" with V8s and 1/2 tons. They will go anywhere for sure.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah Moab is a great test area, I can see a few trails the Maverick might make but many other trails unfortunately not as a stock vehicle. Ok the width is fine but approach and departure angles will limit where you go. Unless lifted then you’re very limited. I would love to see first world reports and pics!!! Really looks good on paper but real experience is where it’s at. I’ve done Moab not in a Maverick but until it’s first hand then speculation can get you into trouble really quick… just saying…

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah Moab is a great test area, I can see a few trails the Maverick might make but many other trails unfortunately not as a stock vehicle. Ok the width is fine but approach and departure angles will limit where you go. Unless lifted then you’re very limited. I would love to see first world reports and pics!!! Really looks good on paper but real experience is where it’s at. I’ve done Moab not in a Maverick but until it’s first hand then speculation can get you into trouble really quick… just saying…
When we bought our AMC Eagle a few years ago we lifted it 2" and put 28" TSLs on it in Ohio. Then roadtriped it to Cali to ship home. On our way we took it down some mild trails near Moab. One a short cut from Arches over to the highway and another one called Dead Horse Canyon/Pucker Pass. Nothing real challenging but still pretty and fun. If our stars alighn and can make our Maverick Tremor pickup at Granger we will try to make it back there for a little more fun. Gonna be completely stock and probably heavily loaded, so we will see what it can do.

OP
OP

TexasHybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Mustang GT- Silver, '15 Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I dug into a bit into the 2.5 Litre Atkinson engine.

Geez what a boring high efficiency engine this is. Low stress., easy on the cruising at speed. This is setup for lots of great highway and charging miles.

The Maverick is in my humble opinion one of the most exciting, semi sexy and yet boring vehicles out there. I suspect the boring will win over the long term, but what do I know.

I have never been so exited to receive a vehicle before. Feeding my bi polarness on attitude. Great looking vehicle and really super efficient.

This is after owning a Corvette, real true manual go truly off road 4Runner (my personal favorite) and some other overall pedestrian cars.

Wonder if I will actually receive this order. Let's go world. Start supplying and making stuff.

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honda could do something similar. I'd actually love to see them kill off the Ridgeline and make a true Maverick competitor.
Ford Maverick Maverick is the most interesting multi purpose vehicle I’ve ever seen Honda-Civic-Coupe-Converted-To-Pickup-3-1

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordained ministry in my case. I made a pretty good living in my IT career before leaving it behind three years ago. I'll never make the same income again, but that's okay, I don't need anything fancy. I'm just glad there are interesting economy vehicles like the Maverick.
Retired Ordained here. Living on about 51k that includes 10% Vietnam Veteran disability a year plus tax returns. Before retiring we got ourselves totally out of debt. Only debt now is house and utilities. Fortunate enough to have received a really good trade in on CRV we were financing so we were able to pay for Mav totally via savings and will pay savings back.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got back from the 40th anniversary of a church I spent with my other 12 y/o friends camping out guarding the big Tent before / during construction. Fun times ( still not sure it was wise to leave two twelve year olds with a massive loaded pistol but this was Texas, for protection. )
Sponsored