Sponsored

Tonneau covers - trifold vs hard roll up?

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm from BC and I'm stuck with the same predicament.

Which would be more durable? The Hard Tri-fold or Hard Roll-up? Just worried about the Vinyl on the Hard Roll-up and it's durability. I heard the felt unglues... but it's not a big deal the Aluminum slats still functions normally if that does happen. And since it's a Canadian order, the factory ones are a great deal.
That Canadian price is an absolute steal. Like actual theft. I was hoping it would be available at that price as a stand alone part...I would've driven to thunder Bay or Winnipeg for a long weekend and still come out ahead. Alas it is like $1500 in its own. Whatever you do get one from the factory at the $950 Canadian add on price!
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those of you ordering covers reach out to [email protected]
I saw his email mentioned on other forums and he will give a good discount off the web price if you mention your from the forum. Ordering a X4s and probably a bed rug from them.
Thanks! Sent him an email. Nice choice, I decided I want to go for the truxedo sentry ct. Love the matte look but the ease of removal of the sentry ct won me over.

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Thanks! Sent him an email. Nice choice, I decided I want to go for the truxedo sentry ct. Love the matte look but the ease of removal of the sentry ct won me over.
that is the other one I narrowed it down to. I don’t know much above covers but liked the idea on no velcro on the X4s. Didn’t realize the sentry was easier to remove. Good thing they both won’t come for a little while so I have time to change my mind three times.

Heydaddy91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That Canadian price is an absolute steal. Like actual theft. I was hoping it would be available at that price as a stand alone part...I would've driven to thunder Bay or Winnipeg for a long weekend and still come out ahead. Alas it is like $1500 in its own. Whatever you do get one from the factory at the $950 Canadian add on price!
Yeah I'm surprised with the crazy price for the Hard Roll-up. The Hard Roll up in Ford accessories is nearly $1500... Like woah for $950 factory price! Talk about an amazing deal. I ended up getting Hard Roll up. i hear people pulling those off to get it faster. I really don't care because they haven't even released the EPA + OKTB for the Hybrid. Soo... I'm gonna wait patiently with the desired build. Also, I value more the comfort and ease of being able to not have the rear window completely blocked + the adequate protection. Just paranoid some crackhead would think it's a soft top and try to knife it open.
But I'll have mine garaged. I'll probably keep a Bat handy just in case 🤣.

Ford Maverick Tonneau covers - trifold vs hard roll up? Screenshot_2021-10-14-20-53-42-386_org.mozilla.firefox

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered a Hard Tri Fold on my Maverick. Looking around price point not that far off from aftermarket. Figure I might as well get a factory warranty included.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Already sold out.
Most of this stuff is unavailable because it hasn't been made yet, not because it's sold out.

If that is the truxedo, I chatted on their own website and they said availablility will be in a couple weeks (that was as of last week).

thosw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw his email mentioned on other forums and he will give a good discount off the web price if you mention your from the forum. Ordering a X4s and probably a bed rug from them.
Thanks for the tip about the discount… ordered an X4s from him today.
He quoted me 4-6 weeks to be built before it is shipped. My scheduled build week is 12/6 so I should receive it well before my Maverick arrives.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well. THAT was worth it! Mods need to sticky the post above. @fordtruckguy thanks for the tip!

Sponsored

Cubsfan24

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I emailed him and I got 20% off and free shipping :)

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For all of you that ordered the Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover I sent an email to Bak Industries. Here is the response.

David,

Thank you for your inquiry. We don't have an exact release date at the moment. We anticipate the cover to be available early December. Your order will be one of the first orders fulfilled as it's pre-ordered before release. An estimated ship date would be by December 10th via Fed Ex. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Misael Llanes Cuadras Customer Service
1100 N. Glenstone Ave. Suite 140, Springfield, MO 65802 | USA

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What did you guys decide to buy?
I decided on the truxedo sentry ct (through real truck email to Alex, 20% discount was unexpected!). In messaging with a truxedo rep, sounds like they are just a few weeks out.

Although I was initially wary of the Velcro, I think it will be a solid seal. My only prior experience with Velcro was on a used Ridgeline where it was coming undone at the seams. But that was a soft roll up, and since this is fixed to the hard slats I don't see that becoming an issue.

I watched a comparison video with the bak x4s and also liked that the sentry is significantly easier to remove if needed.
Sponsored