Sponsored

Tonneau covers - trifold vs hard roll up?

ffjack15

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't notice drain holes on the trainer version I seen and I specifically looked. But I would like a response to this question as well. Because I personally don't want to drill holes which is just one of the reason I went with the hard roll-up. Not to mention these 3 part folds will fully cover the rear glass.
There's holes on both sides with plastic plugs.
Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ffjack15

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for that info. I just changed my order to get this BakFlip MX4. :)
Look on page 4
Thanks for that info. I just changed my order to get this BakFlip MX4. :)
Look on page 4 sjane44 posted photos of the trifold cover photo 6 shows the drain tubes on the side holes.

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

rognus

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid, Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That looks sweet! And that's a hard roll-up?
Thanks for the pictures!
Did you install or did they install it for you?

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That looks sweet! And that's a hard roll-up?
Thanks for the pictures!
Yes! Hard rollup, heavy matte canvas (I don't like the vinyl look)

Did you install or did they install it for you?
Arrived in a box today and took a leisurely 45 minutes to install by myself. Hardest part was aligning the seated bolts to sit in the rail notch (on the front/glass end), mainly took a little effort to then push the latch in. I think that was mainly just the awkward angle at which pressure needs to be applied. Once on it was all lined up and latches perfectly.

The velcro overhangs a little more than I would like, but that might just take some settling of the fabric as well now that its installed. Overall, SO much better than the soft folding cover I'd had on my Ranger - and much more secure!

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes! Hard rollup, heavy matte canvas (I don't like the vinyl look)

Arrived in a box today and took a leisurely 45 minutes to install by myself. Hardest part was aligning the seated bolts to sit in the rail notch (on the front/glass end), mainly took a little effort to then push the latch in. I think that was mainly just the awkward angle at which pressure needs to be applied. Once on it was all lined up and latches perfectly.

The velcro overhangs a little more than I would like, but that might just take some settling of the fabric as well now that its installed. Overall, SO much better than the soft folding cover I'd had on my Ranger - and much more secure!
Good job, it looks nice. I am not big on the velcro, but as long as you are happy. Overall it fits the truck nicely. Great accessories! I love it!

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good job, it looks nice. I am not big on the velcro, but as long as you are happy. Overall it fits the truck nicely. Great accessories! I love it!
I went back and forth over the velcro vs the Bakflip x4s - I decided I wasn't a fan of the rubber flap edges myself! I also preferred the tool-less removal capability for the sentry, it is very secure on the front end, but being able to remove with the slider hardware won me over.

I had a used ridgeline 6-7 years ago, it had a soft rolling tonneau with velcro that was basically falling apart, but given that a lot of air gets in under a soft rollup, that puts a lot of pressure on the seams and sewing, I do not expect that to be the case being that it is a hard rollup that is secured to the aluminum slats. The velcro is just holding without any significant strains/force being applied. I also like that it seals downward slightly to the outside of the truck that should be good for water egress.

Last edited:

Nightowl

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sentry ct installed!

IMG_20211022_142413.jpg
IMG_20211022_142421.jpg
IMG_20211022_142429.jpg
IMG_20211022_142435.jpg
IMG_20211022_142444.jpg
Does anything stick on the front lip of the box? I ordered the PROX15. I'm also getting my bed sprayed on monday. Not sure if I should have them do the front lip if something has to stick there. Thanks

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anything stick on the front lip of the box? I ordered the PROX15. I'm also getting my bed sprayed on monday. Not sure if I should have them do the front lip if something has to stick there. Thanks
There was a weather seal strip that sticks on with 3m tape. I would not have the spray in liner going onto the top asking the rear window if you'll be doing a tonneau!

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rolled up like that is a lot better than the BakFlip in terms of visibility. Overall that is a nice setup. Thanks for the sharing the photos with us. I think this helps many make a decision that is on the fence. 👍

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sentry ct installed!

IMG_20211022_142413.jpg
IMG_20211022_142421.jpg
IMG_20211022_142429.jpg
IMG_20211022_142435.jpg
IMG_20211022_142444.jpg
Looks great! I like soft or hard roll ups. Not a fan of tri fold covers. I will be going with a soft roll up on mine!
Sponsored