Sponsored

Tonneau Covers - roll up cover vs hard folding?

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have undercover armor tonneau trifold from Alex at realtruck . happy with it . 3 things I like about it . 1) support rods to keep 3rd section off roof / window . 2) tailgate can be opened and closed with tonneau in any position . 3) heavy duty with great anti scratch finish .

Ford Maverick Tonneau Covers - roll up cover vs hard folding? 20220511_135810
Sponsored

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used the points from our 2020 Escape and ordered the soft roll up cover from the Ford parts dept at our dealer last week. The points came to about $240 or so. I have nothing to put the cover on yet but just gradually adding to my growing pile of boxes of mods in waiting.

4sambos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry Hybrid,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went with the hard tri fold myself, very happy with it.
Hi since September how do you like it now the hard trifold? Would you say itā€™s better than the roll up one? Has your been durable for you? Iā€™m at a loss on what hard type to get? Thanks

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi since September how do you like it now the hard trifold? Would you say itā€™s better than the roll up one? Has your been durable for you? Iā€™m at a loss on what hard type to get? Thanks
So far I love it, Have my work signs and chair secured, no water pentation and looks as good as the day I put it on, had to take it off once to get 20 bundles on insulation, too 2 minutes to take off and maybe 3 to put it back on.

Ford Maverick Tonneau Covers - roll up cover vs hard folding? PXL_20220309_003807717

Sponsored

4sambos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry Hybrid,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So far I love it, Have my work signs and chair secured, no water pentation and looks as good as the day I put it on, had to take it off once to get 20 bundles on insulation, too 2 minutes to take off and maybe 3 to put it back on.

PXL_20220309_003807717.jpg
Thanks, are you glad you got the hard folding rather than the roll up? Iā€™m researching. Thanks

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, are you glad you got the hard folding rather than the roll up? Iā€™m researching. Thanks
I like the extra protection the hard cover provides and at least for me the extra cost is worth the protection, plus I will drive this truck for many years to come

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went with the Ford Hard Tri-Fold and had them put it on. Very happy with it . Closes tight and clicks closed with authority. Rinses off nicely and just drying with a towel it looks nice.

Smack

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The issue with the trifold is rails, I'm having a hellofatime finding rails that will work with the hard folding...

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last edited:
Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went with the tri fold. I figured folding it all the way up would help provide the back window with protection in case something wasn't fully strapped down properly
Also if you have to park somewhere insecure, the trifold is more difficult to get into. Also the trifold doesn't flap in the wind when it gets hot in the desert sun.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The issue with the trifold is rails, I'm having a hellofatime finding rails that will work with the hard folding...
I thought I was going to have a hard time with the roll up BAK taking up some bed space but everything I've hauled in the bed so far has worked out well to include bicycles, home improvement goods, storage bins etc. It rolls up with ease, looks really good when folded, is more secure since there are so many more locking tabs in the rails and should prove more durable. My brother has a tri fold on his F150 and it has broken apart at the hinges and is cumbersome to open and close. After seeing my BAK he said he's going to order one when his Lightning comes in.

SamMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid Lariot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went with the hard roll up, mostly I like to be able to see out the back window while driving, luv it and the FORD logo when its rolled up.

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just installed a Bak revolver X4s hard roll up. Excellent cover and looks great. I'm very happy with it so far. Bought from Realtruck with forum member discount.
Sponsored