Tiny Factory oil filter

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Half size filter for a half size motor. :)
And half the power output of many, smaller turbo engines. A realistic comparison would be to the 2.3 Ecoboost as far as displacement is concerned. People need to remember that the stress imposed on a hybrid engine is much less than a conventional one, even without a boosting system.
Sponsored

BlueRio52

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm seeing $5.46 on RockAuto.com for the filters. For oil I get the Mobile 1 Extended Performance full synthetic.

Amazon Link
Rock auto has great prices but shipping is spendy unless your dropping a few 'C' notes and heard there return policy can be a night mare.

LtCasual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Rock auto has great prices but shipping is spendy unless your dropping a few 'C' notes and heard there return policy can be a night mare.
Agree with all that, I will usually only put in an order if I'm getting oil filters, wipers, air filters all at once. And my dad who runs a small shop can confirm their return process has gotten terrible, but hopefully less of an issue if you're only ordering consumables.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I took my Maverick Hybrid to the dealer I bought it from for it's first oil change; didn't have to mess with struggling to get the filter off, worry about what filter or oil to use, didn't get my clothes dirty from laying on my back on the floor, and got my tires rotated to boot, all for free!

Sponsored

nytro97

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The 2.0 EcoBoost engine is built at the Cleveland plant in Ohio and there is a a plant in Spain.

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't see an automobile manufacturer knowingly putting a component on an engine that would cause a premature failure. It certainly wouldn't be in their best interest financially or reputation wise. I imagine extensive testing was done on engines with the smaller oil filter.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
I had a 2006 GTO with a 6.0L LS2 400 hp V8. It had a very close to the same size as the 2.0.
Sponsored