KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT 2.0L Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you type the Motocraft number FL 910 S into google , conversion lots of choices appear. Wix, K&N , Napa and on and on
And you should get none of those. Motorcraft filters are actually the best anyway, and they cost less than the same version with the original branding (think they are manufactured by Purolator).
Sponsored

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

KenJ45

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone going to use the Fram Ultra XG3614? Ordered one up, have an oil change coming up and will give this a go. Curious if anyone else is using anything other than the Motocraft
I've seen some videos testing different filters and they would cut them open, the insides of the Fram filters were trash. I don't know about their "Ultra" line but something tells me "Ultra" for them would be maybe on par with a standard filter from other brands like Purolator or Motorcraft... They are great at marketing, for some reason people think they are the best...

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And you should get none of those. Motorcraft filters are actually the best anyway, and they cost less than the same version with the original branding (think they are manufactured by Purolator).
Was not advocating. Was answering a query.
I've read so many pros and cons on oil and filters.
It comes down to someone's opinion.
Me I'm lazy use the Ford dealer.

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Use the Motorcraft, it has the proper bypass on the base
And if you stop to get one from a dealer, make sure it's boxed/bagged. Ford is sending bulk cases that aren't individually boxed, my front counterman tried handing one to a customer without packaging which could allow contamination.

Also, avoid the fl2114b12 Ford had earlier this year when they couldn't provide FL910s.

Sponsored

MaverickTopGun

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Quagmire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen some videos testing different filters and they would cut them open, the insides of the Fram filters were trash. I don't know about their "Ultra" line but something tells me "Ultra" for them would be maybe on par with a standard filter from other brands like Purolator or Motorcraft... They are great at marketing, for some reason people think they are the best...
If one knows about the Fram Ultra (and Amsoil EAO series), that will reveal the best performance, proven to anyone who understands ISO 4548-12, USCAR-36, and has actually looked at what they are made of.

Purolator & Motorcraft have had a reputation of getting tears (media holes) in them for about the last 10 years. Many examples where a rip or tear was seen in cut open used oil filters, typically near the media seams, weak media problems. (Ford once put out a TSB on finding oil filter bits stuck in oil passages as well.)

Fram Ultra XG3600 or Amsoil EAO34 oil filters both have the best ISO 4548-12 filtering performance and use better filtering media than Purolators or Motorcrafts.

People who actually know oil filters will choose Fram Ultra XG3600 or Amsoil EAO34 for better quality and filtering every time. If those two are not available, Royal Purple oil filters are close enough in quality & performance, with Mobil1 oil filters following closely behind next.

Wix (not the Wix XP or Napa Platinum lines, too low 4548-12 performance) or napaGold clone oil filters would be a good choice. They are adequate yet don't filter well enough to be the first choice.

--- User "ZeeOSix" on bobistheoilguy.com is one of the best experts on this subject, and that website also recently had some engineering tests performed on several brands where Fram Ultra was beating others soundly.

Last edited:

MaverickTopGun

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Quagmire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...0-after-20-000km-12-5k-mi.350680/post-6011386
....shows ZeeOSix using a Fram Ultra XG3600 on a Toyota Taco. The entire thread shows one cut open after 12,000 miles in a diesel Toy. This is one example of many. Lots of real-world evidence, both field & engineering, says Fram Ultra is one of the best. Amsoil EAO34 right in there. Both over-sized choices for some years of Taco's, and Mavericks, same.

Midwest Jim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There was a guy on Bobistheoilguy that had the ADBV from his Fram filter sucked into his his Mazda engine, which destroyed it. I had a close call myself. I was a faithful user up to that point.

Ford Maverick Oil filter for 2.0? IMG_20220320_132040711_HDR

Ford Maverick Oil filter for 2.0? IMG_20220320_132014261_HDR

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure why someone needed to necro-post and resurrect this thread, but the Motorcraft FL910S and FL400S are still the best choices IMO and typically available at Walmart, off the shelf for under $6. FL-400S is the slightly longer version, which most mechanics would agree is better. You just need to account for slightly more oil on the re-fill (less than 1/4 quart really).
Sponsored