First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XL Hybrid, Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let us know how it holds up in regular use over a couple of years. I have yet to see a 12 volt compressor durable enough for more than occasional use.
I bought a Bon-Aire tire inflator from Costco for $40 a couple of years ago. I use it every 7 to 10 days to top off my bicycle tires. It is still working fine. Checking the Costco website, they are ether out of stock or they stopped selling that brand.
Sponsored

Potatomafia

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a similar one in 2015 for my Wrangler. It was a SuperFlow MV-90 I got on Amazon. My dad now uses it as he "borrowed" it a few years ago.

Pretty much any of the direct drive air compressors will out perform the little cheapies you find at the auto parts stores. They put out a lot more air volume.

That's cool that yours fits under the rear seat. I'll have to pick one up.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I used to have a "Truck Air" large volume 12v compressor I thought the world of for about 2 years, but large volume tires finally got the best of it. Of course, technology has come a ways since that time. I just have not given it another chance. Now, I just buy the cheapest thing I can get for each vehicle for emergency use only figuring no durability. Have a "real" air compressor for garage and home use.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That looks like a nice compressor. I keep a battery powered one in my car. It also has a plug for the “cigarette lighter”. It’s especially handy when I need to air up the tires on my riding mower in my backyard shed too. No cords or cables.

Sponsored

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the one I have and it is missing some of the fancy pants stuff mentioned above with the recommended compressor. But this one does the job for me and my truck has 31 inch tires on it. Being on the coast next to sand dunes makes this a necessity. And a shovel.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you happen to have the 4K package, using the RV-7 socket will give up up to the 30-amp fuse limit. I'm looking at the Viair 300 SXS unit, and wiring the 2-pin SAE pigtail to a RV-7 plug.

HRG

Ford Maverick This is the best air compressor I've ever owned 7-Way-RV-Style-Trailer-Plug-Wiring-Diagram-1

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I think I'll stick with my Ryobi.

Ryobi Inflator.jpg
I have the same one and find it gets hot and is slow for bigger tires. But a $20 on sale its super handy. Wish it was dual power though.

Baja_Roamer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mitsubishi Montero, 2015 Fiesta ST
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or you can get the identical compressor from NAPA for half that price, likely comes from the same factory in China. I got mine for $100 with AAA discount, things amazing, it gets my 33” tires from 15 psi to 38 psi in under 45 seconds each tire, my previous VIAIR would take about 5 minutes per tire and felt like it was gonna melt.
Ford Maverick This is the best air compressor I've ever owned F7648ACB-2EEC-4B46-8F56-45E679B40911

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_MTWM10215C

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ya know as people talk on this thread about cheap compressors and durability of this or that. I am reminded of the olny compressor of my youth. I assume it was bought around the time of my birth 1984 and it was used last in, I want to say, 2005. It could still be in a van I have had in storage since then. I would assume my dad bought it at Sears, because they sold everything one would ever need. the only labelling I remember on it said "Auto". However I do remember there being something specifically French about it, possibly on the soft vinyl case it had. It was 12v cigarette style, construction was largely square/box with "finned" plastic siding, a hard line to a gauge, and a 7" flexible braided hose. Its operation was very, very loud as it could be heard from inside the house even though it was barely bigger than a stockier sized dictionary. It would also get very hot on the hose withing 30 seconds of operation. If you touched the metal hose end it would leave a shiny spont on your skin after a bit. However this never diminished its life or ability. It would always pump all the way up to 80psi (the highest I ever needed) I used it all summer long and it went on every camping or out of town trip we went on. Occasionally it would move around the niegborhood for this or that but always returned to its ever cracking soft vinyl case. In my teenage years I did have to occasionally clean the rust of the 12v contacts but it always performed flawlessly. I imagine it cost $25 dollars or more (40 years ago) so it wasnt the cheapest thing but probably in the cheaper realm of compressors at the time.

I do wonder how back in the day even the cheaper plasticy junk lasted so long compared to what we have today. My current replacement is the battery Ryobi model above. It is ok, gets hot, uses a full battery for a flat tire and its gauge is "close" at best. I am also on my second after a hose break.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not a fan of battery power.
It works great if you need to top off all your tires. But I would not use it if you need to deflate and inflate all your tires for driving in sand. But for general use its great.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick This is the best air compressor I've ever owned 1678726654139

I have some cheap thing for the road and have literally never needed to use it; use the Makita at home.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Tozalazz compressor has some impressive specs. I hope it works great for you well into the future.

I like to stick to proven name brands for emergency equipment. A compressor may sit in under your rear seat for years before you need it. Then working or not working may be the difference between stranded or not.

I once bought a "top of the line" Harbor Freight compressor. I loved it. Similar to the Tozalazz it was a high current direct to battery compressor. Inflated tires very fast. I kept it behind the seat of my Gen3 Ranger. One day I had a low tire and I unzipped the handy carrying case and found:

(I use Viair now)

Ford Maverick This is the best air compressor I've ever owned Inflator

TKranbuhl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the Viair. What's important is you carry one in your Maverick, not so much the brand. My stock tires lose 3-4 lbs every month.
Sponsored