Sponsored

Viair 88p compressor

bcording

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariat Hybrid
Once my Mav comes in i will be able to donate my crappy Harbor Freight compressor to goodwill and pick up the Viair 88p. This looks to be perfect to semi permanently hook up to one of the 12v leads in the bed. It maxes out at 20 amps. With a 16 foot hose should be able to easily reach any tire on the vehicle.

http://www.viaircorp.com/portables/88p

Ford Maverick Viair 88p compressor 1634867956026
Sponsored

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i have a viair 300p kit that i keep with me in the truck all the time. I got it when i had my ranger, would air up a 33" tire from 15psi to 38psi in about 2 minutes per tire.

i cut the clips off the power cord and wired it to a 12ga SAE connector, and i wire in a 12ga SAE connector direct to the battery cables.

in my jeep i had a ARB single, hard mounted, and sold it when i sold the jeep off. i find the viair to be a nicer unit, and faster, and also quieter, cheaper, and portable, which is nice.

OP
OP
bcording

bcording

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariat Hybrid
i have a viair 300p kit that i keep with me in the truck all the time. I got it when i had my ranger, would air up a 33" tire from 15psi to 38psi in about 2 minutes per tire.

i cut the clips off the power cord and wired it to a 12ga SAE connector, and i wire in a 12ga SAE connector direct to the battery cables.

in my jeep i had a ARB single, hard mounted, and sold it when i sold the jeep off. i find the viair to be a nicer unit, and faster, and also quieter, cheaper, and portable, which is nice.
Good to hear. I've read only good things bout Viair online so far.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Once my Mav comes in i will be able to donate my crappy Harbor Freight compressor to goodwill and pick up the Viair 88p. This looks to be perfect to semi permanently hook up to one of the 12v leads in the bed. It maxes out at 20 amps. With a 16 foot hose should be able to easily reach any tire on the vehicle.

http://www.viaircorp.com/portables/88p

1634867956026.png
Looks good. Does it come with a power cord to plug into the bed leads?

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W

Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I've had a Viair 88P since, well, I don't remember. 5 years? It still runs like a champ. Out of all the portable models at the time, it had the longest duty cycle, which was important to me since I used it to air up my F-250's 35" tires from 15PSI to 80 PSI.

I needed the 10' extension hose to reach the driver side rear tire on my F-250, but the included 16' hose is enough for my Nissan Frontier crew cab short bed. Should have no problem with the Maverick. In fact, you might have enough hose to set the compressor on the radiator shroud so it's not on the ground/in the dirt.

I still carry the 88P full-time in my Frontier. If I were in the market for a newer system, I'd consider buying two Ryobi inflators. I have one, which I bring when I know I need air. The 88P is for when I or someone could use an unscheduled top off.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-O...-with-Digital-Gauge-Tool-Only-P737D/307627867

The Ryobi inflator isn't as fast as the ole 88P, but having two of them means you can inflate two tires at once, which more than makes up for the speed difference. Also since it's cordless, you don't have to drag a hose across the ground/through the dirt/mud/sand, and you can easily loan it to your trailmate who's fancy On-Board Air system sprung a leak.

Of course it has a finite runtime being cordless, but just choose what characteristics are most important to you. I wouldn't have a problem carrying a Ryobi inflator and checking the battery once a month like I do already for the jump pack and the truck's engine battery.

If you wanted to be really fancy, you could build or buy an air manifold to inflate 2 or 4 tires at once with the 88P (or any other air source). I never looked into it because I try to keep the equipment I carry to a minimum, and I also dislike uni-taskers.

The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dewalt makes a 20v model that can run on a dewalt battery or plug into your 12v system.

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
Dewalt makes a 20v model that can run on a dewalt battery or plug into your 12v system.
Milwaukee makes one that is better because it is red ;)

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure what the difference is, but I have had a VIAIR 85P in the truck for a while and its a quality unit.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine has a plug for cigarette lighter. Looks like I'll need to make a modification due to the lariat lux package.
Sponsored