Sponsored

Viair 84P air compressor added to my Maverick setup.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice compressor. I have a cheapass 12v no name compressor in my car and although it's small, handy and actually works, it's not something I really trust. Gonna have to look into these.

OP
OP

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
Nice compressor. I have a cheapass 12v no name compressor in my car and although it's small, handy and actually works, it's not something I really trust. Gonna have to look into these.
Yeah I don't cheap out on gear that is meant to get me out of pickle. $80 compressor could save me hundreds on a tow bill.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I don't cheap out on gear that is meant to get me out of pickle. $80 compressor could save me hundreds on a tow bill.
Right there with ya. I got stuck a few months back because I didn't have a pair of vice grips in the car. Never again.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! Viair makes quality stuff. I was thinking of getting one to store in the cubby like one of the DIY tutorials.

Sponsored

LowLeadAV

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now the question is, is there enough room under the body for a small air tank so I can use the compressor to pressurize the tank and hook up some train horns.

OP
OP

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
Right there with ya. I got stuck a few months back because I didn't have a pair of vice grips in the car. Never again.
Vice grips make for a good emergency battery terminal clamp! I need to get a dedicated toolbox for the Maverick.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Vice grips make for a good emergency battery terminal clamp! I need to get a dedicated toolbox for the Maverick.
I got a little ammo can from harbor freight and put some tools in it along with stuff like spare eyeglasses, a little work lamp, work gloves and things to make changing a tire on a cold rainy night on the side of a busy dark road a little easier. Because I had to change a tire in the cold rain at night on the side of a busy road with no glasses so I couldn't see and it sucked. 😂

OP
OP

kw86er

First Name
KW86ER
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2L XLT FX4
I got a little ammo can from harbor freight and put some tools in it along with stuff like spare eyeglasses, a little work lamp, work gloves and things to make changing a tire on a cold rainy night on the side of a busy dark road a little easier. Because I had to change a tire in the cold rain at night on the side of a busy road with no glasses so I couldn't see and it sucked. 😂
Oh yeah I have some Princess Auto (Canadian HF) amo cans too, I'm gonna test em tonight. Thanks for the tip!

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh yeah I have some Princess Auto (Canadian HF) amo cans too, I'm gonna test em tonight. Thanks for the tip!
I'd have just used a regular tool box but I wanted something more compact. It's not meant to be comprehensive, but rather be a set of emergency tools that will do in a pinch. It has pliers, vice grips, and adjustable wrench, screwdrivers, a hacksaw in a mini handle, a utility knife, a cheap knockoff leatherman tool, allen keys along with a headlamp, rags and a disposable poncho. It's one of the smaller 30 cal size cans and is absolutely packed full. In the trunk there's also a plug kit, a 4 way lug wrench, mini compressor. a quart of motor oil and road flares. Oh and the ever useful roll of duct tape (genuine duck brand, too!)

At various times I have needed every single thing in there and would rather not repeat those experiences.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good fit for the Mav. I have the 400p for my 4x4 rig but didn't want to transfer it back and forth risking not having it when I need it.

IMG_20211224_123739.jpg

IMG_20211224_123901.jpg

IMG_20211224_124017.jpg
I like it. I did do a look see on its specs. On Amazon it says 26A max draw on the compressor. The bed electrical feeds are 20A. Those little power strip things are 15A Have you actually ran this thing under any appreciable load to see if it popped any fuses? Myself, I plan on running the RH bed power source to it's own dedicated lighter socket. I am looking for something that maxies out at 20A.
Sponsored