Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tailgate cables seem hard for Ford to figure out- Got one side replaced under warranty- New cable is shorter but like way shorter than before now the passenger side cable is loose and just flaps in the wind- Part numbers are different as well- So ford did realize the droopy tailgate issue it appears- Got another new cable coming to see if we can just wrap this up and move on with life :)

Ford should send out matched sets- I dunno-
Ford Maverick Tailgate cable/gate continutes - Tailgate cable
Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tailgate cables seem hard for Ford to figure out- Got one side replaced under warranty- New cable is shorter but like way shorter than before now the passenger side cable is loose and just flaps in the wind- Part numbers are different as well- So ford did realize the droopy tailgate issue it appears- Got another new cable coming to see if we can just wrap this up and move on with life :)

Ford should send out matched sets- I dunno-
Tailgate cable.jpg
Does the tailgate now sit level with the bed with the new cable? What are the part numbers?

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does the tailgate now sit level with the bed with the new cable? What are the part numbers?
Its much better with the new taut unit- Service guy compared numbers with old and new and said yep they are different but I am not sure if that's just because one is left side one is right side. Will know more when the second (right side) cable arrives -

Last edited:

Deleted member 9167

We need part numbers!!

But seriously, why did you get it replaced under warranty? Did one break?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We need part numbers!!

But seriously, why did you get it replaced under warranty? Did one break?
The original unit came from the factory looking like a dog had chewed on it- not kidding

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Its much better with the new taut unit- Service guy compared numbers with old and new and said yep they are different but I am not sure if that's just because one is left side one is right side. Will know more when the second (right side) cable arrives -
Interesting. Well please do try to get us the part numbers for both if you can. The unlevel bed is one of my minor gripes about the truck.

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting. Well please do try to get us the part numbers for both if you can. The unlevel bed is one of my minor gripes about the truck.
Will get PN's-

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok no idea what the service tech was writing down both stamped numbers on the tailgate assist hook are the same- Work order gives this PN however -

NZ6Z* 6043053*A- Cable-ASY- Tailgate-Support

Tailgate is 100 percent level with new cable- FYI

Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok no idea what the service tech was writing down both stamped numbers on the tailgate assist hook are the same- Work order gives this PN however -

NZ6Z* 6043053*A- Cable-ASY- Tailgate-Support

Tailgate is 100 percent level with new cable- FYI
Thanks. From googling it, looks like the difference between left and right is just the last number (a 2 or a 3).

They're not very expensive. I'm tempted to order some, but I'll be annoyed if they're the same lengths as what I got

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting, I wonder if it will be possible to get these replaced under warranty if the dealer doesn't mind, or if Ford will tell them to pound salt if it is just to fix the leveling.

Bothers me, but my gate is up most of the time so I don't think about it often.

Current XL I got early this year, I can tell the tailgate sags as soon as I put it down. I have a Lariat on the way right now that I will check and see if the issue was quietly fixed. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also noticed an opening with clear tape instead of a plate/etc from the factory next to the passenger side tailgate bottle opener - spare no expense - lol
Ford Maverick Tailgate cable/gate continutes - PXL_20221006_005011782.MP
Sponsored

Last edited: