First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Brilliant idea for a product. Bump steps you can put bump steps on.

Eventually stack them so far behind the truck you need to put a flag on them. 😆
EXACTLY!!!!!!
Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not only that, but leaving it in place can have unintended consequences. With my last vehicle, I used to only put my ball mount in when I was going to tow my boat. After a while, I just left it in.

After a couple of years, I needed to pull it out and put it on another vehicle. It wouldn't budge. I whacked it HARD with a sledge hammer... still stuck. I took it to my friend's garage where he heated the receiver up with a torch and hammered on the ball mount with an impact hammer. Still wouldn't move.

I live in the Northeast, in winter road salt country. It had rusted, and the swelling from the rust had it pretty much fused in place. It took about an hour of intense heating and pounding with a sledge and impact hammer to finally get it out.

Now, the only thing I leave in my receiver is a good coating of Corrosion-X.
I have had the same issue. My Mavericks have Cosmoline Undercoating in black.
Cosmoline RP-342 BLACK Military-Grade Rust Preventive Spray | Cosmoline Direct, LLC

It is an oil based parafin wax.

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was going to just buy one of those rubber stoppers but figured I'd ping this enthusiast community to see if there was anything cooler instead :D Thank you in advance!
skull 💀

mcgarveyjb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT W/Lux and spray in
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A rubber plug with the ford script on it :)

Sponsored

Haggs

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, Maverick, 1981 Yamaha Midnight Maxim
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was going to just buy one of those rubber stoppers but figured I'd ping this enthusiast community to see if there was anything cooler instead :D Thank you in advance!
Representation from your friends to the North

Ford Maverick Show your Trailer-Towing Hitch Covers or Accessories 20230311_165947

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Brilliant idea for a product. Bump steps you can put bump steps on.

Eventually stack them so far behind the truck you need to put a flag on them. 😆
We're all set: :ROFLMAO:

Ford Maverick Show your Trailer-Towing Hitch Covers or Accessories 1678760297642

We just need a couple of steps. :LOL:

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been thinking about buying one of these LED inserts that act both as an added reverse light, and a brake light. They don't offer one specifically for the Maverick yet, but I'd be curious to see if this F150 version might work.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/hitchmount-led-pod-reverse-kit-for-2021-2023-ford-f-150.html
btw, anyone looking at this solution from Diode Dynamics - I reached out to them regarding compatibility, and they finally got back to me. Sounds like they have had issues with the light making the car think a trailer is attached, and are currently working on a ford specific version to fix this that will work with all fords. They say it will be released 'in the coming weeks' so I will keep an eye out for it.

Mmmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
magic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I added a step to protect my truck. Right after I got it someone let their car roll into the back of my Maverick. No damage but I want to protect it where it can.

PXL_20220728_172434897.jpg
love it! Does it block the license plate when viewed straight on? not a deal breaker if it does, just a lawbreaker

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know there has to always be some oddball in the forum who does something real odd. This time it is me. I know you are not ready for this but I PUT A RECEIVER HITCH AND BALL IN IT LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED FOR. I know that shocks most of you, but I did it anyway.
Oh no you didn't. They need to lock you up and throw away the key. How dare you use something on the maverick for what it was intended for.

Sponsored

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
btw, anyone looking at this solution from Diode Dynamics - I reached out to them regarding compatibility, and they finally got back to me. Sounds like they have had issues with the light making the car think a trailer is attached, and are currently working on a ford specific version to fix this that will work with all fords. They say it will be released 'in the coming weeks' so I will keep an eye out for it.
The one with backup light and running light works fine. The brake light one seems to trigger the mav into thinking it’s a trailer

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

love it! Does it block the license plate when viewed straight on? not a deal breaker if it does, just a lawbreaker
First part of the tag is obscured looking straight on. I have had the step on there several months and had no issues. Even had different law enforcement behind me several times. No one has given me any grief.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh no you didn't. They need to lock you up and throw away the key. How dare you use something on the maverick for what it was intended for.
Man, you got that right. Just waiting to see what people are putting on gas cap, oil filler cap, what is going in glovebox, keyhole in XL and XLT, and the list goes on and on. Leave it to our post production and delivery engineers and anything in the world can be produced and tried.

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The one with backup light and running light works fine. The brake light one seems to trigger the mav into thinking it’s a trailer
oh nice, thats good to know. I'd prefer the basic one that does reverse and running light over the tripple blink brake one anyhow.
Sponsored