First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I shake my head when people say the steps protect the truck. The bumper is designed to distribute the load from an impact. These are taking away that distribution and shifting it directly into the frame via the hitch.

Sure it may help in a very minor tap. But if hit with any force, more likely to bend the frame.
Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know there has to always be some oddball in the forum who does something real odd. This time it is me. I know you are not ready for this but I PUT A RECEIVER HITCH AND BALL IN IT LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED FOR. I know that shocks most of you, but I did it anyway.

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I shake my head when people say the steps protect the truck. The bumper is designed to distribute the load from an impact. These are taking away that distribution and shifting it directly into the frame via the hitch.

Sure it may help in a very minor tap. But if hit with any force, more likely to bend the frame.
looking at other posts that people have posted getting rear ended , this truck does not do well if there is something in there or not! I know it's not going to protect the truck except from the fools that will be bumping into me parallel parking. I had it on my gladiator after somebody put two perfect license plate holes in the jeep plastic bumper when I had had it a month. BTW there is no full frame to bend on a Maverick unibody

Last edited:

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know there has to always be some oddball in the forum who does something real odd. This time it is me. I know you are not ready for this but I PUT A RECEIVER HITCH AND BALL IN IT LIKE IT WAS DESIGNED FOR. I know that shocks most of you, but I did it anyway.
yeah you are not the odd ball, but I do tow my lawn tractor around once and awhile. With 2k towing on the hybrid it is about all I dare! lol

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Show your Trailer-Towing Hitch Covers or Accessories 1678372321917

Sponsored

bigbicep24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Ford Transit , 1965 Chevelle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. I have had mine since April 2022. Still can’t imagine any better for the price.
Hope you love yours as much as I do.
I’m in Anderson.
Where are you at?

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have the weather tech bumpstep that's made out of plastic, and will break before any real damage could hit the frame. I agree the metal ones are a bad idea though.
Ford Maverick Show your Trailer-Towing Hitch Covers or Accessories Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 9.51.09 PM

Last edited:

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Hitting the step take the load to the crash bar hidden under the truck.
Hitting the bumper damages the visible plastic trim on the bumper.

If we are talking about parking lot bumps, I would rather have the step hit.
If it is a rear end collision, then I don't think it matters.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Air. Might get a college logo one if it jumps out at me in a store one day

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
repurpose the aluminum hitch from my F150

Ford Maverick Show your Trailer-Towing Hitch Covers or Accessories ws

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hitting the step take the load to the crash bar hidden under the truck.
Hitting the bumper damages the visible plastic trim on the bumper.

If we are talking about parking lot bumps, I would rather have the step hit.
If it is a rear end collision, then I don't think it matters.
Total agreement!!! I have the WeatherTech rubber bumper and it saved me when a lady in a brand new Mercedes hit be stopped at a Red Light. Zero damage to me or my rubber WTech bumper, but easily $2,000 to $3,000 of damage to her plastic front bumper and grill.

Those that have never had a bumper step/guard on their trailer hitch will never understand. I've had rubber or trailer hitches save my rear bumper at least 3 times. If a lick is hard enough to bend the rear plastic bumper then that's somemone else's insurance company's problem and THEIR deductable.

Last edited:

E30andrew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost