Sponsored

Setting to make Cruise Control default to the ON setting?

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And still. . . . the original question goes answered. Didn't realize that a train of thought could go off road. . . :)
Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
I know, right??

Some weepy little fella was almost in tears recently about having to hold the power window button down for 2.36742 seconds to lower the passenger window.

Honestly, I don't get it. Maybe I'm just too old... but I don't see the big deal over having to push a button. Push a button to turn it on, push another to set speed--done. It's not that hard.

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sir, with all due respect, if I had ever owned a Mercedes, I don't think I would be driving a Maverick today unless my circumstances had drastically changed since. But I fully agree with you. We all have our preferences and just because yours and mine are different, it does not mean they are not both valid.
I was a former Mercedes Tech, so I can fix them. My wife commutes on I 80 to work 300 miles a week. That is why she drives a Mercedes SUV. Strictly me wanting her to be safe. And there is a huge misconception that you have to be wealthy to own one. We buy them 5-10 years old with around 100k miles on them. Price is great, we put 100-200k miles on them and then get another one. We are middle class blue collar people. If you ever used the cruise on a Benz, you would be critical of most other brands as it is so intuitive. Not trying to be a snob, just baffled why the manufacturers make it more difficult than it needs to be. My previous vehicle was a 2001 F150 with 247,000 miles on it. Loved it....The cruise switches,,,,,not so much.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And still. . . . the original question goes answered. Didn't realize that a train of thought could go off road. . . :)
Tbh I didn't care to answer anymore but I'm willing to bet that it's not a option. Forscan doesn't let you change how things already built in work rather than actuate or
disable it. Ford as a OEM operates their cruise as laid out on the maverick on every model so 99.99% likely that the answer is NO.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Tbh I didn't care to answer anymore but I'm willing to bet that it's not a option. Forscan doesn't let you change how things already built in work rather than actuate or
disable it. Ford as a OEM operates their cruise as laid out on the maverick on every model so 99.99% likely that the answer is NO.
Agree, probably not something Forscan can change. Those with better knowledge of Forscan can tell us for sure.

OP
OP

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've been researching an answer to this question for a while by reading past threads from other Ford forums; they were even bigger train wrecks. I was hoping we would have a more level-headed bunch here, but sadly I was wrong.
Sponsored