Sponsored

Setting to make Cruise Control default to the ON setting?

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If anyone has ever used the intuitive cruise control that has existed on Mercedes Benz cars for half a century, every other set up would piss them off like it does me lol!
How do the Benzes do it?
Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If anyone has ever used the intuitive cruise control that has existed on Mercedes Benz cars for half a century, every other set up would piss them off like it does me lol!
Sir this is a Maverick forum.....wtf is a Benz!?!? lol

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Before anyone can post nonsense claiming that such an option would be unsafe
But it IS UNSAFE.

I never realized that being unsafe was nonsense thanks for clearing that up :rolleyes:

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah exactly what I want, I set CC to 75 mph as the last setting before exiting the freeway. I hit my brakes and it shuts off. I drive non-CC the rest of the way home. Shut it off then get back and I drive a different route with a 40 mph speed limit and turn CC on just to have it want to accelerate to 75 mph instantaneous … I think not. Hey Pastor pray that doesn’t happen… I don’t know what kind of peace pipe you pass around during your services but put it down.. WTF!! Maybe think through the logic of it!!??

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Oops sorry, I’m sure your finger might get sore from too many taps plus forgive me not realizing you have to think while driving a 4000 pound missile around.. my bad..

Sponsored

CallBall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah exactly what I want, I set CC to 75 mph as the last setting before exiting the freeway. I hit my brakes and it shuts off. I drive non-CC the rest of the way home. Shut it off then get back and I drive a different route with a 40 mph speed limit and turn CC on just to have it want to accelerate to 75 mph instantaneous … I think not. Hey Pastor pray that doesn’t happen… I don’t know what kind of peace pipe you pass around during your services but put it down.. WTF!! Maybe think through the logic of it!!??
I have this feature in my current vehicle (2014 Honda Accord) and also had it in my previous vehicle (2004 Honda Accord). That’s not how it works, the last speed I set is lost when I turn my car off. It just keeps the CC module turned on. I still have to set the speed the next time I turn the car on and use the CC, I just don’t have to turn the CC module itself on.

OP
OP

Pastor_Zatx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have this feature in my current vehicle (2014 Honda Accord) and also had it in my previous vehicle (2004 Honda Accord). That’s not how it works, the last speed I set is lost when I turn my car off. It just keeps the CC module turned on. I still have to set the speed the next time I turn the car on and use the CC, I just don’t have to turn the CC module itself on.
^THIS!

Again, for most manufacturers this is how cruise control works. For more than 25 years I was a safety engineer; this is not an unsafe feature in any way shape or form.

And I would remind folks, my request was how to program MY Maverick to behave in this way, not YOURS. My decision does not affect your decisions in any way as well.

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 vette, 71Fiat 850, 91 Mercedes 500SL, 2001 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sir this is a Maverick forum.....wtf is a Benz!?!? lol
Please don't curse on the website. I was making a comparison between an intuitive cruise control switch and the one that is not intuitive on my Maverick. Just saying this isn't rocket science but Ford wants to make it less intuitive than it needs to be.

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How do the Benzes do it?
The lever is on the left side of the steering column either above or below the t/s stalk. Simply (with your hands on the wheel), push the lever up to set. Push it down to coast. Pull it toward you resume, Push it away from you to shut off or hit the brake to shut off. You never have to look away from the road or first turn it on. I can't believe others haven't adopted this perfect set up. Actually would cost less to produce.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Honestly, I don't get it. Maybe I'm just too old and can remember driving many vehicles that didn't have cruise control, but I don't see the big deal over having to push a button. Push a button to turn it on, push another to set speed--done. It's not that hard. I'm all for user friendly, but, to me at least, pushing two buttons is not that difficult. Or am I missing something?

Sponsored

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2013 chevy cruze had a physical toggle switch that left cruise control in the on position all the time. It would obviously reset when the car was turned off and you could always set it lower than the previous cruise speed by using the set button instead of resume. It doesn't make sense to me either that I have to turn on cruise after I start the truck each time but my jeep was the same way so I've gotten used to it.

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly, I don't get it. Maybe I'm just too old and can remember driving many vehicles that didn't have cruise control, but I don't see the big deal over having to push a button. Push a button to turn it on, push another to set speed--done. It's not that hard. I'm all for user friendly, but, to me at least, pushing two buttons is not that difficult. Or am I missing something?
I am not young but pushing one button without having to look at it is way better. It's not that it is a Mercedes feature, it just that it's so intuitive. I don't get why others aren't that simple. It wouldn't cost one cent more, and perhaps less.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am not young but pushing one button without having to look at it is way better. It's not that it is a Mercedes feature, it just that it's so intuitive. I don't get why others aren't that simple. It wouldn't cost one cent more, and perhaps less.
You would still have to look to set the speed. I've had my truck for 7 1/2 months and I already know where the buttons are to turn on and set cruise control with only a quick glance. No more than checking my mirrors. I don't think that's really any worse than not having to push one button.

Motorjunkie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You would still have to look to set the speed. I've had my truck for 7 1/2 months and I already know where the buttons are to turn on and set cruise control with only a quick glance. No more than checking my mirrors. I don't think that's really any worse than not having to push one button.
To each his own. My point is that if you have ever driven a Mercedes for any length of time, my point would be exceedingly clear.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

To each his own. My point is that if you have ever driven a Mercedes for any length of time, my point would be exceedingly clear.
Sir, with all due respect, if I had ever owned a Mercedes, I don't think I would be driving a Maverick today unless my circumstances had drastically changed since. But I fully agree with you. We all have our preferences and just because yours and mine are different, it does not mean they are not both valid.
Sponsored