C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I searched several months before finding a cancelled Maverick order available at msrp about 120 miles from home. During the process, I contacted multiple dealers.

Yesterday, Waldorf Ford texted me about a cancelled CG XLT LUX, etc. I looked on their website and the Maverick was priced at msrp with a $5K markup.

Texted back, not interested noting the $5K markup.

Salesperson texted back that the markup was negotiable but “Ford is increasing prices on Mavericks beginning January 2, 2023. With the in-stock unit and a “slight” markup” you’d be better off buying now than waiting.”

My father always said “good some of these people get jobs selling cars because they can tell their parole or probation officer they’re working.”
Sponsored

Last edited:

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I searched several months before finding a cancelled Maverick order available at msrp about 120 miles from home. During the process, I contacted multiple dealers.

Yesterday, Waldorf Ford texted me about a cancelled CG XLT LUX, etc. I looked on their website and the Maverick was priced at msrp with a $5K markup.

Salesperson texted back that the markup was negotiable but “Ford is increasing prices on Mavericks beginning January 2, 2023. With the in-stock unit and a “slight” markup” you’d be better off buying now than waiting.”

My father always said “good some of these people get jobs selling cars because they can tell their parole or probation officer they’re working.”
Ford probably will raise the price of 23 Mavericks every few months! (I haven't seen an announcement for Maverick yet.....the last one I was was for Escape, Explorer and Expedition starting Dec 1....hybrid Escapes & Explorers up $1000).

I still wouldn't want to pay over MSRP on a Maverick..... but it is true that the MSRP for a Maverick will very likely increase a few times over 2023.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford probably will raise the price of 23 Mavericks every few months! (I haven't seen an announcement for Maverick yet.....the last one I was was for Escape, Explorer and Expedition starting Dec 1....hybrid Escapes & Explorers up $1000).

I still wouldn't want to pay over MSRP on a Maverick..... but it is true that the MSRP for a Maverick will very likely increase a few times over 2023.
It aint gonna increase 5K ....... "true" is a stretch describing adding that much over MSRP .......

OP
OP
C J Cox

C J Cox

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agree but if Ford is increasing msrp on Mavericks January 2, 2023, there would‘ve been some mention in this forum. Only a few weeks away.

This forum best source of Maverick info.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Agree but if Ford is increasing msrp on Mavericks January 2, 2023, there would‘ve been some mention in this forum. Only a few weeks away.

This forum best source of Maverick info.
We didn't get the info for the Dec 1 price change for Escapes on FMCDealer until Dec 5th. Usually dealers are notified on FMCDealer a day or two in advance.

So, unless the salesman talked to someone at Ford about what will be going on in the future, it is probably just speculation!

Sponsored

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I would negotiate on a Hybrid but no way on a Eco Boost.

A Sturdy Beast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XL Hybrid, Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a salesperson tell me that the reason for the $1,200 MSRP price increase on the 2023 hybrid XL was that it now included cruise control standard (the old fashioned dumb type).

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m not sure why there is so much hatred against markup. If you don’t want to pay it, don’t. It’s just further demonstrates the personalities of the complainers to go on to vilify the dealers for charging it. Dealers are not doing anything wrong.

When Ford introduced the Maverick, prices were low, probably lower than they should have been, to generate hype and to jump start the new product. It worked, and there is demand, and the market is adjusting.

Just please stop complaining!!!!!

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m not sure why there is so much hatred against markup.
Because MSRP is full retail price. Paying more than the full retail price on a depreciating asset at the top of the market does not compute to people who aren't okay accepting the full purchase price with markup as a sunk cost... And those who don't like to pay more than a fair, reasonable price.

scottp01

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fiesta (on death's door)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"There's nothing we can do to get your order scheduled faster"
-Procedes to change a January order to priority 10 who then gets scheduled while my order goes unfulfilled

Sponsored

SuperDave71

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s obviously not acting like a typical depreciating asset if it gains value driving it off the lot. There are plenty of people justifying the markup based on budgetary cost savings. I’m sure I’m not the only one in this boat.

When I first test drove what is my zero option maverick xl this summer (sticker 20k) the dealer wanted $38,000! When the order banks opened for MY23 I ordered an XLT hybrid just because that was what seemed to be the most likely way I’d get one based on allocations forecasted. Sticker is 26k, I received confirmation from ford right after the window was opened.

As the saga rolled out and there was talk of MY22 rollovers and continued parts shortage, nevermind the ever present Ukrainian/Russian potential for upheaval I decided to seriously consider paying markup so I could start saving money.

I ended up paying I little over 10k over sticker, but less than 5k over the truck I have on order. My first full month on the road I saved almost $1000 in fuel costs alone. My markup will be recouped far before the ordered vehicle is built.

The problem in this whole situation is the clash of the needs and the wants. The maverick brought people into the truck market who weren’t usually in it, or wouldn’t be in it for a new truck now (the wants). They are up against people who need a truck for their livelihood and are being crippled by inflation and fuel prices (the needs). The market is working just as it should.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m not sure why there is so much hatred against markup. If you don’t want to pay it, don’t. It’s just further demonstrates the personalities of the complainers to go on to vilify the dealers for charging it. Dealers are not doing anything wrong.

When Ford introduced the Maverick, prices were low, probably lower than they should have been, to generate hype and to jump start the new product. It worked, and there is demand, and the market is adjusting.

Just please stop complaining!!!!!
See the post below yours. I work for a dealer and think the markups are BS. MSRP or below is what people have paid for decades. Due to extremely short new car volume dealers were somewhat forced to adjust. But the market is getting better for new car inventory and interest rates are now super high. Continuing to do dealer ADM or thousands of dollars for BS dealer installed accessories is purely gouging. It is bad business and consumers know this.

sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is an email from my dealer when I asked about my priority code changing from 19 to 13 and hoping to change it to 10. She is making it sound like the dealer has no control over PC even 10 and above. I didn't think that was the case.

"That is correct, your priority code is at 13 my Ford Rep had me change all codes in all the orders, otherwise orders would not get schedule."

She completely dodged my pointed question as to their "allocations" and where I was in the line.

I'm doomed. Atlas Blue XL Hybrid, trailer hitch ordered 9/16/22.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s obviously not acting like a typical depreciating asset if it gains value driving it off the lot. There are plenty of people justifying the markup based on budgetary cost savings. I’m sure I’m not the only one in this boat.

When I first test drove what is my zero option maverick xl this summer (sticker 20k) the dealer wanted $38,000! When the order banks opened for MY23 I ordered an XLT hybrid just because that was what seemed to be the most likely way I’d get one based on allocations forecasted. Sticker is 26k, I received confirmation from ford right after the window was opened.

As the saga rolled out and there was talk of MY22 rollovers and continued parts shortage, nevermind the ever present Ukrainian/Russian potential for upheaval I decided to seriously consider paying markup so I could start saving money.

I ended up paying I little over 10k over sticker, but less than 5k over the truck I have on order. My first full month on the road I saved almost $1000 in fuel costs alone. My markup will be recouped far before the ordered vehicle is built.

The problem in this whole situation is the clash of the needs and the wants. The maverick brought people into the truck market who weren’t usually in it, or wouldn’t be in it for a new truck now (the wants). They are up against people who need a truck for their livelihood and are being crippled by inflation and fuel prices (the needs). The market is working just as it should.
It IS a typical depreciating asset. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. These have a VERY temporary inflated value. The flippers who got in early made out well. You made out well if your fuel savings is really that great. But you still paid WAY over value for a vehicle who's value is going to plunge. Anyone who paid that much over sticker and doesn't keep it until paid off has years of negative equity ahead.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It IS a typical depreciating asset. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool. These have a VERY temporary inflated value. The flippers who got in early made out well. You made out well if your fuel savings is really that great. But you still paid WAY over value for a vehicle who's value is going to plunge. Anyone who paid that much over sticker and doesn't keep it until paid off has years of negative equity ahead.
I have no issue with dealers charging over sticker. If your wealthy and don't care good for you. I won't do it tho. I do have an issue with dealers advertising a price and then when you go in find out that the adm was not on the advertised price.
Sponsored