First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone have some advice on how to get dealers to remove add ons? My Maverick is supposed to arrive this week and my dealer added a bunch of unnecessary extras to mark up the price.

vehicle theft protection 595
etch code 385
door guards 199
Lo jack 1295
About 2.5k worth of stuff I don’t want. Any advice? The car isn’t here yet so they haven’t installed anything and I am going to speak to the sales manager today.
Sponsored

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Walk into the dealership. Say, I don’t want those items. I want the truck the way I ordered it.

The dealer I bought my truck put on $395.00 door edge guards. I told them to take them off. I’m not paying for them. They just left them on, and I was not charged for them.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would definitely refuse the add-ons and stand by the original order. I would explain that you expect the same from them.

OP
OP
ToothGrinder

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks guys, I spoke with the Sales Manager and he said he needs to discuss it with the General Manager. I took that as a sign that they’re just going to say he tried to get it removed but couldn’t. I’ll probably walk in tomorrow and demand to speak to the GM. Never had to pull a Karen on anyone but I’ll be damned if they try to take me for a ride.

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I found an article online LoJack was not being added to anymore cars as of may 2021 but the service would keep running. Not true?

Sponsored

DanMav1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read recently that they legally can't add-on anything without your consent. Will see if I can find the info and link it.

OP
OP
ToothGrinder

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought I found an article online LoJack was not being added to anymore cars as of may 2021 but the service would keep running. Not true?
To be very honest, that helps. I looked into it and apparently they are slowing down the service and it isn’t available anymore.
What I also don’t get is that this truck comes with FordPass that allows you to locate, start/stop with the app. It’s like they’re just adding shit that is already implemented into the car.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks guys, I spoke with the Sales Manager and he said he needs to discuss it with the General Manager. I took that as a sign that they’re just going to say he tried to get it removed but couldn’t. I’ll probably walk in tomorrow and demand to speak to the GM. Never had to pull a Karen on anyone but I’ll be damned if they try to take me for a ride.
As soon as you pull a Karen on them you lose. Be polite and stand your ground.

Sponsored

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Already told dealer no add-ons when I ordered. Hopefully someday, my Mav will be in production, built and shipped. Then I will remind the dealer again about any add-ons before delivery

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Already told dealer no add-ons when I ordered. Hopefully someday, my Mav will be in production, built and shipped. Then I will remind the dealer again about any add-ons before delivery
I did the same as far as saying no add-ons. I said go ahead and tint it, but nothing else.
The response was more of a non response. We'll see how it goes. Truck is in transit (somewhere) and should arrive in a week or less.

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tell them you don't want to pay for anything that have value for you. Those really have no value for you. All they are is money in their pocket.

Pouncer

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
The LoJack manufacturer's website promises that the technology is a benefit to the DEALER as well as the end customer. Apparently, the technology allows a salesman to see whether a vehicle on the dealer's lot is fueled, battery charged, locked or not, and of course exactly where it's parked. So, the claim goes, when a customer says he wants to test drive the Edsel advertised in the Sunday paper, the salesman can get it to the front door really quickly.

What I don't quite see is that the end customer should be invoiced -- especially during the PDI dealer prep and inspection process -- for a thing that benefits the DEALER. If's a great thing for the dealer, great. Let the dealer pay for it. If it's a great thing for the customer, then make it a part of the upfront sales pitch and sell it like the dealers sell mudflaps, floor mats, bed rugs, or anything other upgrade.

Suprise me with a $1200 upcharge as "dealer prep" and afterwards try to persuade me it's a great benefit -- all that does is make me angry.
Sponsored