Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And if that doesn't work tell them you want to talk to the owner
I have the owner's phone number for the local Hyundai dealer on speed dial, Sometimes it's what you gotta do to get things done
Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did the same as far as saying no add-ons. I said go ahead and tint it, but nothing else.
The response was more of a non response. We'll see how it goes. Truck is in transit (somewhere) and should arrive in a week or less.
Well I would go in and have a conversation with the general manager tomorrow, Wanna wait till the truck's sitting there and then you have to deal with Any added stress to already having to wait so long to get your truck

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only add on they got was hydrogen inflated tires. I said I asked to not have that and off the bill it came lol

Preservals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Anyone have some advice on how to get dealers to remove add ons? My Maverick is supposed to arrive this week and my dealer added a bunch of unnecessary extras to mark up the price.

vehicle theft protection 595
etch code 385
door guards 199
Lo jack 1295
About 2.5k worth of stuff I donā€™t want. Any advice? The car isnā€™t here yet so they havenā€™t installed anything and I am going to speak to the sales manager today.
honestly shouldnt even be charging for door guards. salesman told me those are on from factory.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ToothGrinder

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And if that doesn't work tell them you want to talk to the owner
I honestly tried my best to get these things removed from the vehicle but it was impossible to talk to anyone who wanted to listen. Even talking to the GM of the dealership he gave me nothing but bullshit and excuses as to why they wouldn't be taking the items off. It was really a poor experience I had with the dealership and I let everyone there know how shitty of them it was to be taking advantage of people like that. Nothing but laughs and comments about how they are hoping I walk away so they can charge someone a mark-up.
I know I paid extra for a bunch of shit I didn't want but I ate the cost because I needed a new vehicle that could handle the mountainous roads I live in now. It sucks but it was either buying this vehicle or buying a 2010-15 used Subaru/Toyota with 150k+ miles for 20k. I feel like my money went to a good purchase even if I did get screwed a bit.

Also, just any SoCal Maverick customers, stay away from Sunrise Ford. Terrible business and I'll never stop putting that word out there.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22ā€™ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have some advice on how to get dealers to remove add ons? My Maverick is supposed to arrive this week and my dealer added a bunch of unnecessary extras to mark up the price.

vehicle theft protection 595
etch code 385
door guards 199
Lo jack 1295
About 2.5k worth of stuff I donā€™t want. Any advice? The car isnā€™t here yet so they havenā€™t installed anything and I am going to speak to the sales manager today.
What is the difference between vehicle theft protection and LoJack? Wouldnā€™t that be the same thing?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not surprised to see dealers doing these add-on markups and/or ADM on customer orders as there have been numerous warnings here on the MTC that unless you have a "Buyer's Order" that shows all costs with a total out-the-door price signed and dated by yourself and the general/sales manager of the dealership you were leaving yourself open to these charges at time of delivery.

Each time I have brought up getting a "Buyer's Order" (because of threads like this one) there were so many follow-up posts about not needing a "Buyer's Order" as the poster states they trust their dealership, sales guy/gal, are a long time customer etc. I never understood the reluctance here to doing the "Buyer's Order" (took me 15 minutes) vs just hoping that the dealer won't screw you on delivery.

Tim @fordvideoguy has had numerous videos that state getting a "Buyer's Order" protects you the buyer from bad dealerships and surprise price increases on delivery.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I honestly tried my best to get these things removed from the vehicle but it was impossible to talk to anyone who wanted to listen. Even talking to the GM of the dealership he gave me nothing but bullshit and excuses as to why they wouldn't be taking the items off. It was really a poor experience I had with the dealership and I let everyone there know how shitty of them it was to be taking advantage of people like that. Nothing but laughs and comments about how they are hoping I walk away so they can charge someone a mark-up.
I know I paid extra for a bunch of shit I didn't want but I ate the cost because I needed a new vehicle that could handle the mountainous roads I live in now. It sucks but it was either buying this vehicle or buying a 2010-15 used Subaru/Toyota with 150k+ miles for 20k. I feel like my money went to a good purchase even if I did get screwed a bit.

Also, just any SoCal Maverick customers, stay away from Sunrise Ford. Terrible business and I'll never stop putting that word out there.
Have tried to contact Ford Corporate Headquarters and voice your displeasure with one of their dealerships railroading you. Canā€™t hurt

Sponsored

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
For novice buyers, I believe you will find these videos helpful. For experts, it will be a great reminder that they never stop trying to rip us off! The dealer isn't your friend!

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As to "add on" features. As near as I can understand what I'm being told, my dealer thinks the LoJack technology is NOT an add on, because they put it on and charge EVERYBODY, all the time, ALWAYS, part of the PDI process. It's not "added" any more than they charge fees for acting as a courier to the court house to transfer title. You have to somersault backwards through flaming hoops and sign releases in blood NOT to allow them to act as your courier (for a fee) or add LoJack (for another fee) and you have to arrange that performance many weeks in advance of the purchase. But, according to this argument, it's not an "add on".
I think the title stuff is done online almost everywhere now. They have a $20/hr. clerk that does this in 10-15 min.

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Big part of me thinks some of the shady dealers are putting these things on hoping that you were going to argue with them and give up to either A) Pay for it or B) Not buy the truck in which case the market up for an insane profit

Bikeric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD XLT Hybrid Mav
My tin-foil hat wouldn't want LoJack on my ride. It's bad enough it comes with Ford Pass, but it is what it is. I'll always have my carbureted Toyota to drive when I need to go incognito.
Ford Maverick Dealer Add-Ons 5AnvJaI
Sponsored