First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Fairness" is something you should dispel when it comes to the entire ordering process for the Maverick. People who ordered back all the way in 2021 still haven't gotten theirs because of some hidden constraint or their dealerships didn't file COVP. Lots of people got screwed out of their private offers because their dealers couldn't be arsed to do COVP. 22 to 23 "rollovers" was anything but, since Ford left it up to dealers how to prioritize orders, so lots of people were effectively line cut when dealerships just coded everyone priority 10 without regards to their 22 rollover orders. So people who ordered in Sept 2022 were able to get their trucks way before even some people who ordered in 2021. That's not to mention the fact that Ford did nothing to prevent people from ordering multiple times from multiple dealerships, and of course the entire dealer allocations system that purchasers have zero insight into, so if you happen to order from a dealer who gets little to no allocation, sorry, you're left stuck in the wind.

And then of course there's the whole issue of scumbag dealers having the opportunity to fleece their customers with ADM after waiting all this time for their orders.

So if you're looking for "fair", you've come to the wrong place. The Maverick order process is anything but.
There is a guy on Youtube Blakes Cars who already is on his fourth Maverick. He says he never paid over MSRP. He had eco boosts and hybrid. XL XLT and Lariet. He made money on them. He should play the lottery.
Sponsored

Makeshift

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus; 2006 Civic; 2005 Suburban
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Fairness" is something you should dispel when it comes to the entire ordering process for the Maverick. People who ordered back all the way in 2021 still haven't gotten theirs because of some hidden constraint or their dealerships didn't file COVP. Lots of people got screwed out of their private offers because their dealers couldn't be arsed to do COVP. 22 to 23 "rollovers" was anything but, since Ford left it up to dealers how to prioritize orders, so lots of people were effectively line cut when dealerships just coded everyone priority 10 without regards to their 22 rollover orders. So people who ordered in Sept 2022 were able to get their trucks way before even some people who ordered in 2021. That's not to mention the fact that Ford did nothing to prevent people from ordering multiple times from multiple dealerships, and of course the entire dealer allocations system that purchasers have zero insight into, so if you happen to order from a dealer who gets little to no allocation, sorry, you're left stuck in the wind.

And then of course there's the whole issue of scumbag dealers having the opportunity to fleece their customers with ADM after waiting all this time for their orders.

So if you're looking for "fair", you've come to the wrong place. The Maverick order process is anything but.

Having trouble understanding an aspect of COVP. If a dealer doesn't file a COVP, can a customer still receive a VIN and build date? How would ordering a Maverick with the dealer not filing a COVP work, and how would the customer even know? Furthermore, is it a lot of extra work for the dealer? Other than to reneg on a customer to sell the Maverick on the lot to someone else for ADM, why would a dealer ever skip doing this for the customer? TIA, still learning!

Fattdogs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered XLT-AWD-FX4 in Sept with a few add ons. Dealer calls today and says I need to remove the tonneau cover, spray in bed liner, splash guards and protective film, otherwise there is a 93% chance that I won't get the truck (Quite specific with that percentage thing). And he needs an answer quickly or I'll miss the boat (Of course). Sounds fishy to me. What do you think? Legit or Bull Pucky?

Mr. Ford is certainly trying to take the fun out of owning one. In the meantime, I just keep trucking along in a 21 year old Ranger. That ol' girl has been one fine truck.
Thanks in advance for any insight you may have on this issue.
I'd remove the splash guards regardless, the OEM ones scratch through the paint rather quickly, someone in this forum got Ford to pay for a whole new paint job because of it

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It really seems to be random what gets scheduled or not. I kept the hybrid and hitch but added SIBL and got scheduled the next week.

Do what you think is best for your build.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There’s more money to be made with the Lariat and XLT, which is a big reason why Ford limited the production pool for the XL to only be about 15%, with a significant percentage of those undoubtedly going to fleet orders.
Are you certain Fleet orders are combined in those build constraint projections with retail orders? I've read Fleet has their own Priority # at dealers (99) I think? Also, people reporting their nearby dealers with rows of identical white fleet vehicles, and usually XLT instead of XL. I do remember reading there is actually a special Fleet package not offered to retail customers.

mr mojo risen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 VW Passat, 2015 Nissan Sentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you certain Fleet orders are combined in those build constraint projections with retail orders? I've read Fleet has their own Priority # at dealers (99) I think? Also, people reporting their nearby dealers with rows of identical white fleet vehicles, and usually XLT instead of XL. I do remember reading there is actually a special Fleet package not offered to retail customers.
I have no idea..... I was just spitballing when I made my previous comment. My XLT order is scheduled for production the week of April 17, but I certainly sympathize with anyone whose order hasn't even been scheduled yet.

ejspur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered my 22 Maverick XLT on Sept 30, 2021 and finally got it October 3rd 2022. I was told I needed to remove my tonnue cover, spray in bed liner and protective film. I removed the protective film and the tonnue cover and I finally got a build date. I was able to get a tonnoue cover from the dealership and wasn’t worried about the protective film. Long story short, it does work to remove certain items to get it and most of them you can get from the dealer once you get the truck and still have it on your loan still.

Gunnar88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a protective film "city package" and the front windows tinted for less than Ford wanted for the the super basic film package all with a warranty. The city package was the door pockets and edges, front rocker panels, mirrors bumper and headlights. I did get the spray in liner and im not sure its any better than what I could have gotten aftermarket, it was better than the Nissan dealer did 2 years ago on my new Frontier, that bed liner was slick as ice!

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Having trouble understanding an aspect of COVP. If a dealer doesn't file a COVP, can a customer still receive a VIN and build date? How would ordering a Maverick with the dealer not filing a COVP work, and how would the customer even know? Furthermore, is it a lot of extra work for the dealer? Other than to reneg on a customer to sell the Maverick on the lot to someone else for ADM, why would a dealer ever skip doing this for the customer? TIA, still learning!
For orders placed in 2021 and 2022, my understanding is that all orders had to have a COVP (Customer Order Verification Process) filed by the dealer in order to get scheduled. COVP was Ford's attempt to make sure retail orders were being done by actual retail customers and not by dealerships trying to get in orders for their dealer inventory to be marked up. COVP requirement was not really announced anywhere and a lot of people were waiting and waiting to get scheduled only to find out that COVP was required and that was why they weren't scheduled in 2022.

2023, the COVP was "optional", though an "ROVP" (Retail Order Verification Process) was apparently required for all orders. I think both COVP and ROVP required your dealer to at least ask for your ID information to submit to Ford that you were a real person. If you got a DORA sheet from your dealership for your order, then they have done the COVP. There is also a COVP verification number that you can ask your dealership for. At least that's what I did just to make sure I didn't get screwed out of scheduling or potential future private offers which Ford has already said they're not gonna carry over to 2024 carryovers if it came down to it.

As to why would a dealer renege or not file COVP? They could just be lazy, incompetent, or malicious. Take your pick. As a customer you should have been on your dealer to make sure they at least filed the ROVP for your 2023 order.

Sponsored

Rick Hibdon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All of those things are slowing down the possibility you get scheduled and can be added afterwards. While I don't think it is doom and gloom, removing those items will only help.

Keep in mind you dealership can see why a truck is being passed over. If your truck is being constantly previewed but skipped, then it could very well be the reason you aren't scheduled yet are the items listed.
I have an excellent dealer. They kept me updated on all the production slowdowns.
But I ordered only ONE option (Trailer hitch) so none of them really applied to me.
Still, I waited 15 months. But I can honestly say now, it was worth the wait!

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Ordered XLT-AWD-FX4 in Sept with a few add ons. Dealer calls today and says I need to remove the tonneau cover, spray in bed liner, splash guards and protective film, otherwise there is a 93% chance that I won't get the truck (Quite specific with that percentage thing). And he needs an answer quickly or I'll miss the boat (Of course). Sounds fishy to me. What do you think? Legit or Bull Pucky?

Mr. Ford is certainly trying to take the fun out of owning one. In the meantime, I just keep trucking along in a 21 year old Ranger. That ol' girl has been one fine truck.
I would remove the Tonneau Cover, splash guards, and protective film at least. Protective film capacity is less than 5%, Splash Guards capacity is 5%, trifold Tonneau Covers is about 5-7%. I would say your order would keep getting overlooked as it is. Dealer is doing you a solid by telling you to remove them.

Nashbar105

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I saved over $1000 buying the accessories from Amazon versus dealer...drop them...lol

bc22

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a guy on Youtube Blakes Cars who already is on his fourth Maverick. He says he never paid over MSRP. He had eco boosts and hybrid. XL XLT and Lariet. He made money on them. He should play the lottery.
I wonder who he's related to in the Ford scheduling department

Reeder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Hi there. I'm 68 female and installed my own tonneau cover, vent/hood visors, lettering in recessed Maverick on tailgate, and did pinstriping myself. I have also previously done spray/roll bedliner for trucks. Its pretty easy and honestly cheaper. If it gets your vehicle sooner, I would do it. It's awesome truck, very comfortable on travels and great on gas and unless you're super picky about sound, I have radio on 5 or 6 and it's comfortable, I cant even turn all way up to test as it's LOUD. I've mostly been a Chevy owner, but absolutely love this truck.
Sponsored