Sponsored

What do you make of this? Removed a constraint item and the price for other options went up

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I removed a constraint item and the price for other options went up due to the price increase. Ordered mine on 10/21. I thought my order was price protected. Contacted my dealer and asked why and was shown this statement. What do you interpret it as?

Ford Maverick What do you make of this? Removed a constraint item and the price for other options went up EC6075EC-883B-4ADD-8BD5-203F7DB2ECCA
Sponsored

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In Poland that is called a Ripoffski. Please let everyone know the name of the dealer.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You changed the order receipt date, thus price protection go bye-bye. Or at least that's how I'm reading it.

LookingForAMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 VB 2.0 Maverick XLT/4K/Lux/CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I removed a constraint item and the price for other options went up due to the price increase. Ordered mine on 10/21. I thought my order was price protected. Contacted my dealer and asked why and was shown this statement. What do you interpret it as?

EC6075EC-883B-4ADD-8BD5-203F7DB2ECCA.jpeg
It looks like they are saying that the receipt date changed. Did they explain why that date changed? What constraint item did you have removed?

Update: If I understand your signature correctly, you changed from a hybrid to an EB which as spexmaverick says in the next post would reset the date.

Last edited:

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The fordvideoguy talked about this. I think that by changing from the Hybrid to the EB, its like resetting the clock.

I guess it may help by bumping up the build date to an EB and getting a truck earlier than by waiting for the Hybrid, but from what I understand the prices in effect at the time of the change apply.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maverick2023

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered EB and hybrid from different dealers. Only remove spray in bed liner

LookingForAMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 VB 2.0 Maverick XLT/4K/Lux/CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered EB and hybrid from different dealers. Only remove spray in bed liner
Nothing I have heard has said that just removing the SIBL would change the order date.
You can chose which way the dealer is doing this wrong.(ignorance, just messed up, being dishonest or ....)

Yellow Rhino

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, 360, Lux Pkg.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I ordered a 12 ounce hamburger, but then decide to change the order to remove the bun, condiments, and lettuce, and change the meat to 12 ounce waygu beef, is that the same order?
I read it as, you changed the order because it's a constraint that you didn't want to wait for, and to me therefore, is a new order. Does it go under the same date? Probably not. I would assume it's a new date and therefore falls under new pricing. Just my opinion.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another reason to ignore Ford and keep your order as is.

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

According to @fordvideoguy, the only things that will reset your order date are changing the engine type or changing trim level (moving from XLT to Lariat or XL). Otherwise you are free to make option changes, color changes, etc., without changing your original order date.

If I were you I would follow up with the dealer and if you aren't satisfied with the outcome call the Ford complaint line.

OP
OP
Maverick2023

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I were you I would follow up with the dealer and if you aren't satisfied with the outcome call the Ford complaint line.
Per Ford's customer hotline, all Ford dealerships are independently owned, therefore, Ford can't do nothing about it.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Per Ford's customer hotline, all Ford dealerships are independently owned, therefore, Ford can't do nothing about it.
That's not true. There was another case on this forum where a customer had agreed on a price and then the dealer tried to change it when the truck arrived. Ford intervened and the truck was sold to the customer at original MSRP.

If your order date was in fact changed, you may be out of luck. However, if all you changed was a bed liner, turn I don't believe it was changed. You are price protected and you ought to demand it. If your dealer is ignorant of the order process and how to be reimbursed by Ford for the price protected difference that's bad on them.
Sponsored