First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered XLT-AWD-FX4 in Sept with a few add ons. Dealer calls today and says I need to remove the tonneau cover, spray in bed liner, splash guards and protective film, otherwise there is a 93% chance that I won't get the truck (Quite specific with that percentage thing). And he needs an answer quickly or I'll miss the boat (Of course). Sounds fishy to me. What do you think? Legit or Bull Pucky?

Mr. Ford is certainly trying to take the fun out of owning one. In the meantime, I just keep trucking along in a 21 year old Ranger. That ol' girl has been one fine truck.
Thanks in advance for any insight you may have on this issue.
Sponsored

Flub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 08
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those are items Ford keeps saying are constraints and the members here believe them it appears. Your dealer is being pretty proactive. Honestly man that's all stuff you cam buy easily after delivery. Personally I'd acquiesce, but know that the urgency might not be until next month as the allocations this month are done if I'm not mistaken and I could be .

Also that vintage of Ranger was indeed top class

Dr3wman

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram
Engine
Undecided
I know almost everyone here will tell you to remove the splash guards. I also think think any other items that are easy to get ( and often higher quality) aftermarket are good choices to remove. I can't speak to how this will impact your chances of being built though.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The spray in bedliner you should be able to leave (and get the cargo management system free with the discount for that combo). Everything else you're probably better off adding after delivery.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All of those things are slowing down the possibility you get scheduled and can be added afterwards. While I don't think it is doom and gloom, removing those items will only help.

Keep in mind you dealership can see why a truck is being passed over. If your truck is being constantly previewed but skipped, then it could very well be the reason you aren't scheduled yet are the items listed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The spray in bedliner you should be able to leave (and get the cargo management system free with the discount for that combo). Everything else you're probably better off adding after delivery.
While I agree on paper/numbers wise, @fordvideoguy has commented repeatedly week after week about how the Mavericks he is seeing arrive on the lot do not have any bed liner at all. It is a very odd mis-match between what Ford claims is constrained versus what seems to be showing up on the lot (and by association assumed to be what Ford has been scheduling).

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered XLT-AWD-FX4 in Sept with a few add ons. Dealer calls today and says I need to remove the tonneau cover, spray in bed liner, splash guards and protective film, otherwise there is a 93% chance that I won't get the truck (Quite specific with that percentage thing). And he needs an answer quickly or I'll miss the boat (Of course). Sounds fishy to me. What do you think? Legit or Bull Pucky?

Mr. Ford is certainly trying to take the fun out of owning one. In the meantime, I just keep trucking along in a 21 year old Ranger. That ol' girl has been one fine truck.
Thanks in advance for any insight you may have on this issue.
What are you griping about? These are things holding you up from being built and they let you know. Not sure why anyone would have those things in their build anyway. Get you're truck and add the after market items. It's what is normal for a truck anyway. You'll save money as well.

22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My sales guy had me leave off anything that could be bought in the parts dept so mine would get built earlier. You basically get $210 worth of Fordpass points to use for stuff like that. My truck was ordered 9/19/22 and built 2/14/23 and I took delivery last Saturday.

Bill Quattlebaum

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All of those things are slowing down the possibility you get scheduled and can be added afterwards. While I don't think it is doom and gloom, removing those items will only help.

Keep in mind you dealership can see why a truck is being passed over. If your truck is being constantly previewed but skipped, then it could very well be the reason you aren't scheduled yet are the items listed.
But how do you ever get them to preview the order?

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can save money getting them done third party. If you want a Maverick, drop them and get it.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If it were me, I would remove all that except the spray in bedliner. Yours is an ecoboost and that is in your favor of getting built. With less add ons, it may very well help your chances of getting scheduled.

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got scheduled with a SIB and cargo management, but none of the other stuff though. Splash guards, tonneau cover and protective film will give you better aftermarket choices anyway.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While I agree on paper/numbers wise, @fordvideoguy has commented repeatedly week after week about how the Mavericks he is seeing arrive on the lot do not have any bed liner at all. It is a very odd mis-match between what Ford claims is constrained versus what seems to be showing up on the lot (and by association assumed to be what Ford has been scheduling).
Depends. Could be those were orders that dropped the spray-in since it was a constraint so much of last year, and didn't re-add it after Ford came out with the memo that it was now under capacity to the point the combo discount was instituted.

Tanker64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux 360 SIBL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My Hybrid LUX XLT just arrived at the dealer (2 weeks earlier than the tracker indicated) WITH SIBL/cargo mgt.
Sponsored