22MavXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT, 23 Maverick XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The hitch? Really? They could outsource that from anywhere. Find that hard to believe.
talked to my salesperson today, when he ordered his Bronco he ordered a hitch on it and waited over a year to get it. So he decided to take the hitch off the order, got it within 3 months. So I can believe it. I agree it seems minuscule, but even floor mats can hold orders up for months, so I am dropping both the hitch and floor liners off my order.
Sponsored

Tremorboi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a FX4 order …but I think the tremors will end up being built quicker overall. I mostly didn’t order it because the colors I want don’t come on the tremor
I sure hope you’re right about tremors being built quicker😅

mtd14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Chevy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It looks like the largest constraint is the hybrid engine — 68% ordered vs 35% capacity. I ordered a hybrid XLT. The rest of my order features are not constrained.

What’s Ford going to do about this? Offer me an EB? I don’t want an EB.
What they're going to do is lose out on the big conquests they've been talking about with this truck being people's first truck, stealing people from other brands, etc.

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to Tim this evening:

68% Hybrid orders compared to 35% capacity.
32% EB orders compared to 65% capacity.

Other than the hybrid, standalone tow hitch and splashguards seem to be the items over build capacity.

XLT Lux = 30% capacity but 25% orders.
Lariat Lux = 25% capacity but 20% orders.
Tremor = 8% capacity but 2% orders

Appearance packages are all under capacity constraints compared to orders:

BAP = 10% capacity but 8% orders.
TAP = 3% capacity but "hardly anyone ordered it"

CP360 = 60% capacity but 50% orders
CP360A = 25% capacity but 8% orders.
SIBL = 39% capacity but 17% orders (Tim says leave off)
HBL = 25% capacity but 5% orders.
Moonroof = 38% capacity but 13% orders.
Hitch = 45% capacity but 65% orders... includes any packages that includes hitch.

Keep in mind those hitches are likely also on a lot of the hybrids that mathematically cannot be built. So, I don't know if I would remove the hitch. The hybrid would likely be the larger constraint than the hitch.

Note: this has been updated as more information had been requested.
So, assuming that half of all hybrids will be built, do you think that having 2 orders for a hybrid means a pretty good chance that one of them will be built? I have a Lariat with lux and co-pilot assist, and an XLT with lux and co-pilot 360 on order. Both are hybrids. I'm only wanting the lariat, but I will take either one. I figured having two different builds would increase my odds

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tim is the internet sales manager for Long McArthur Ford in Salina Kansas. He has a you tube show every week at 5pm eastern on youtube. He is also known as The Ford video guy. Go to you tube and search Long McArthur Ford and all his shows are there. The shows are generally around 2 hours long and he updates all things Ford. He answers questions for about an hour in the last half of each show. He does talk about the Mavericks quite a bit. I didn't know who he was either when I first joined MTC and it took me a while to figure it out.

Sponsored

BobbyXL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also have a 12/19 Build date on an Xl hybrid with the hitch, full size spare and the 400 watt inverter. Also placed on the last day of the order Bank.
Whaa? Crazy! I have the exact same build order placed 9/19. No build date for me, though. You lucky dog, you. :^)

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think being a rollover is no real advantage. Rollover orders are indistinguishable from new orders on Ford's end.
Yes but it matters within the dealership. I have my order with LM so they have a decent amount of allocations and with my priority being higher than new orders I should be able to get it built with SIBL now that it is under capacity. That's my theory anyways as nothing else in my order is over capacity. Also he may be trying to bring some business to his aftermarket shop having people do their SIBL there which is what I'm going to do if it's not done at the factory. One of those things where he's not giving bad advice but it just so happens to benefit his shop which is fine.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes but it matters within the dealership. I have my order with LM so they have a decent amount of allocations and with my priority being higher than new orders I should be able to get it built with SIBL now that it is under capacity. That's my theory anyways as nothing else in my order is over capacity. Also he may be trying to bring some business to his aftermarket shop having people do their SIBL there which is what I'm going to do if it's not done at the factory. One of those things where he's not giving bad advice but it just so happens to benefit his shop which is fine.
I opted for the SIBL at LM instead of waiting for the body company at Hermosillo. LM also installed door molding, hood deflector and a ceramic coating. They have pros who do many similar jobs each week and combine the labor cost. I paid the same price at Salina, KS in a fraction of the waiting time.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My understanding is the Hybrid and FWD only Mavericks use a Class II hitch vs. Class III in 4k tow packages. I have Class III on my Maverick with the tow package. Class II has a smaller receiver so people can't exceed recommended towing weight limit. I have not personally seen a Hybrid or FWD only Maverick to verify, but there was a time early in MY2022 ordering where Ford removed 4K tow package from FWD Mavericks and generated spirited discussion here. Here's some info below showing differences between Class II and Class III. Based on tow ratings provided, my assumption is/was you only get the smaller Class II hitch unless you have ECOboost, AWD, 4K Tow package. YMMV.

Class 2 vs Class 3 Hitch
Class 2 hitches have a 1-1/4" receiver and generally only go up to 3,500 lbs. GTW. On the other hand, class 3 hitches have a 2" receiver and can range up to 8,000 lbs. gross trailer weight.

Types of Trailer Hitches and Hitch Classes - Towing 101 (curtmfg.com)
They all have a 2" receiver

TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, if mine gets pushed to MY24, thats fine. Should be able to pay cash for it then.
I'm hoping I get rolled to a 24, I don't need the truck yet, and I'm still hoping for AWD Hybrid and a green option!

Sponsored

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I opted for the SIBL at LM instead of waiting for the body company at Hermosillo. LM also installed door molding, hood deflector and a ceramic coating. They have pros who do many similar jobs each week and combine the labor cost. I paid the same price at Salina, KS in a fraction of the waiting time.
Sounds dumb but I want the Ford logo 🤣

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim seemed to indicate Ford will save the hitches for the packages that include them. But we also don't know how many hybrids have hitches. If you have a hybrid order with a standalone hitch, you likely had better odds at the powerball last night.
My hybrid XLT with a hitch (only option selected) was scheduled for December. I'd trade for the Powerball though

Lonnied94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, but interested in For Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious why Tim would say to leave the spray in bedliner off of your order if only half of the capacity was met for it. Should I remove it from my order?

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ya, time to get a master cylinder and break job on my 2002 4runner, 290,000 miles. Best truck I've ever had. MY24 is a long way off. Lots of things will change by then.
HA HA HA, I just did that on my other car, 2004 Avalon

DG17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious why Tim would say to leave the spray in bedliner off of your order if only half of the capacity was met for it. Should I remove it from my order?
When I heard Tim talking about it, I immediately sent an email to my salesman to add it. I was planning on getting it done aftermarket but if they have more than enough capacity I don't see the downside. Maybe he's still a little gun shy since it was such a constraint on the '22?
Sponsored