First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT, 22 Bronco Sport, 19 Flex SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After almost 1 year and 12,000 miles I'm still in the 29mpg range driving in normal mode. Base XLT 2.0.
Sponsored

jdmz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm struggling to get 20-21 mpg, city only driving, with upsized tires (245/70/17) on my 2023 XLT FX4 4k tow. This is with auto stop/start disabled.

Only have about 300 miles on the truck. I am trying to baby it as well. Maybe trying ECO mode might help.

It has been kind of cold recently and I have been idling for 10-15 minutes before driving. Hopefully I can get higher MPG in the summer?

Last edited:

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

5,750 miles on the Mav now. Running 87 octane E10 in my 2023 Ecoboost with AWD and 4k running in Eco mode, I have been getting 31-32 mpg highway during the summer. I've seen as high as 33.1 mpg. Now that it is colder, I am seeing 28-29 mpg highway, which seems about right for winter. Average is around 24-25 mpg around town in Eco mode.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm struggling to get 20-21 mpg, city only driving, with upsized tires (245/70/17) on my 2023 XLT FX4 4k tow. This is with auto stop/start disabled.

Only have about 300 miles on the truck. I am trying to baby it as well. Maybe trying ECO mode might help.

It has been kind of cold recently and I have been idling for 10-15 minutes before driving. Hopefully I can get higher MPG in the summer?
that is roughly what I get, fx4 and 4k tow. Just a bit over 20. I do almost exclusively short distance stop and go driving. It doesn't seem to like that kind of driving pattern.

I got almost 33 while trying hard on a very long highway trip - 500 miles pure highway through mountains. I bet I could get 35 on a long flat midwestern trip.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

With those larger tires, unless you’ve recalibrated the speedometer your speed and milage will be off by about 7%. For example at 70 mph on speedo you’d actually be doing 74.9 mph. And you mpg would be off by same %. So if you calculated say 30mpg it would be really closer to 32mpg.

Sponsored

jccain47

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I travel 75 miles to and from work on the interstate, set cruise at 73 mph. Maintain 33 mpg. This weekend, took a trip to the in-laws, all 2 lane road, at the end of the trip, 35.3 mpg. Didn’t use cruise, held the foot steady at 59mph. Wish they had a cruise setting for maintaining RPM instead of MPH…. That would help

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I travel 75 miles to and from work on the interstate, set cruise at 73 mph. Maintain 33 mpg. This weekend, took a trip to the in-laws, all 2 lane road, at the end of the trip, 35.3 mpg. Didn’t use cruise, held the foot steady at 59mph. Wish they had a cruise setting for maintaining RPM instead of MPH…. That would help
When I use my cruise control which is 95% of time the rpm doesn’t vary unless I’m going up a steep hill. 22 Mav AWD I just got back from visiting our son 250 miles of 60-65 mph half rolling hills/ half flat lands 36.3 mpg and that’s hand calculated.

jdmz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
that is roughly what I get, fx4 and 4k tow. Just a bit over 20. I do almost exclusively short distance stop and go driving. It doesn't seem to like that kind of driving pattern.

I got almost 33 while trying hard on a very long highway trip - 500 miles pure highway through mountains. I bet I could get 35 on a long flat midwestern trip.
Well that's good to know that I'm not a one off.

jdmz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With those larger tires, unless you’ve recalibrated the speedometer your speed and milage will be off by about 7%. For example at 70 mph on speedo you’d actually be doing 74.9 mph. And you mpg would be off by same %. So if you calculated say 30mpg it would be really closer to 32mpg.
I did use forscan to correct the wheel circumference but the largest you can go is 2270mm which is still about 7% off in diameter. (28.5" vs 30.5" actual)

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did use forscan to correct the wheel circumference but the largest you can go is 2270mm which is still about 7% off in diameter. (28.5" vs 30.5" actual)
Yes that’s 7% off. That 2270mm happens to be circumference of the stock tires. What you have with 245/70 r17 is 2463mm. Which is approximately 7% greater.

Sponsored

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just checked my average since new. 21.3 mpg. I've 275 miles on the truck, with the vast majority being short in town trips. I'm happy with that, but hope I might still see some improvement. One long road trip would certainly help.

I check my wifes Jeep Renegade and my Mom's Subaru Cross Trek. They're both showing just slightly better by a mpg or two.

For me, 21.3mpg is almost 3 times better than I did with my Ram 2500. This time of year I'd be averaging in the high 7's to high 8's doing the same type short trips.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ok. Picked up My MY2024 Lariat EB 4K in Nogales Arizona, USA on yesterday (Wednesday). Drove it from Green Valley, Arizona, USA to Alamos, Sonora, Mexico today (Thursday).

It's 451 miles. I filled up with 15.5 gallons. So that's about 29 mpg. I had to vary the speed from 55 to 70 because I didn't want to break it in at any one speed. Of course there were moments when I passed semis at 75mph, but that was brief. Computer reported 29.2.. I was surprised actual and projected were so close.

I also had to conduct two MIcrosoft Teams meetings on the side of the road, which meant the truck idled for about an hour as it was a bit nippy in the high elevations when we started out in the morning so my wife wanted the heat on. So that's some engine runtime with no miles driven.

My wife and I were also learning to use the Adaptive Cruise... and there were many times the Maverick would just slow down and brake before we could get in the passing lane to go around the slow vehicles ahead of us... It happened ALLOT... Sometimes loosing all of our momentum on a hill. We need to read the manual to learn how to adjust the senstivity/distance. LOL!! Or be more proactive about moving over to the left lane..

I thought the mileage was rather exceptional for a vehicle that is not yet broken in. It was lightly loaded with just my wife and I.. However, the bed was nearly full with luggage and a few other items (e.g. tools) that we were taking down to our place in Álamos. I think with no excessive idling periods, learning how to use the adaptive cruise and putting a few more break-in miles on it that we will regularly see 30+ mpg.

I'll take more photos later... but with flying home from a funeral, selling the CRV, purchasing the Maverick, driving 9 hours into Mexico, and logging time with customers.. All in 3 days... I just don't have the desire at the moment. LOL..

Ford Maverick Real world fuel mileage MPG results by 2.0 EcoBoost owners - check in here 1705032516046

Last edited:

Ranch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Marverick FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for sharing. I can tell you're excited about your new Maverick and how well it's performing.

My 4K FX4 got similar mileage when I first got it last June and went on a trip to Bodega Bay loaded with camping gear.

Looking forward to more photos and posts about your new ride.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So, I thought I'd follow-up with Gas Mileage now that we are in Álamos, Sonora, Mexico. It's a small pueblo of about 15,000 residents. Founded in 1665, it is a spanish colonial town that has very narrow streets and not a single one of them is straight. It is also quite hilly in some parts. There is not a single stoplight in town. However, there are Topes (speed bumps) absolutely everywhere. I mean everywhere. It's nearly impossible to ever drive about 20mph in most parts of the pueblo as you are constantly slowing down to go over Topes. You do so slowly becuase you don't want to wear out your suspension prematurely. You slow down for pedestrians, the occasional horse, donkey or dog, and slow tour vehicles that carry tourists. A bicycle or a motorcycle is always faster and my wife and I prefer to walk quite a bit.

So how is my Ecoboost AWD 4KTow mileage under these conditions? About 18mpg. This is certainly a scenario where a Hybrid would achieve grossly superior mileage with all of the regenerative braking that would be going on. Obviously, just a week into being here (and of course the truck still has less than 600 miles total on it) with only 80 miles since the last fill-up and relying on the trucks mileage indicatior, I won't know real mileage in the town of Alamos for a while. However, I imagine before too long we will head out into the outer reaches or venture in the nearby big city of Navajoa, so that will skew the results heavily. I certainly need to get it up to speed a few more times for the initial 1k mile break-in cycle.

Anyway, I though this was important to share with folks. The EB isn't super economical with constant slowing down and speeding back up, constant stopping, and constant slow speeds where it probably doesnt get above the 4th of 8 gears very often.
Sponsored