First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Markups seem to be falling, as Crossroads Wake Forest still has $10k ADM on their in stock Mavericks and they don't seem to be selling.
But they did allow me to poke around an XLT AWD to my heart's content. Had not seen a Maverick up close before.

- Phil
Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sorry, I have not bought a new car is some time and not in 2 states. If we use Chapman in PA, do we pay 2 taxes (PA and NC) and is this a vehicle tax only, not Sales Tax? How much for the tax?

- Phil
You only pay NC taxes, just like you bought the car instate.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Just posted this in the Shadow Black Forum... Yes I bought mine in MA but I still have one on order at Crossroad Ford Wake Forest...

Spend 50% of my time in the Triangle Area... Will be registering the Maverick in NC once I get my MA Title...

Finally I have a Maverick...
Ordered back in OCT 2021 a Shadow Black Lariat, Lariat Lux, FX4, 4K Tow, and Sun Roof. But Thanks to Quirk Ford in Quincy MA, I picked up someones abandoned order. Shadow Black Lariat, Lariat Lux, FX4, and Sun Roof... Great working with them... More pictures will come soon.

Thank god Prime Day was this week...

Already Added:
OEM REV Hard Rollup Tonneau Cover (Looking to Change it)
Door Guards

Ordered but not installed yet:
Tailgate Damper
Lasfit LED Light bulbs (All of them)

Future Mods:
Retraxpro XR (w/Integrated Trax Rail System)
Billie Bar (either Low Profile 6" or Short 11")
Mirror with Homelink
Paint the Caliper
Paint the Front Tow Hook
Bed Lighting
Grill LED Light Bar
Change the FX4 Sticker

Maverick 1.jpeg

Maverick 2.jpeg

Maverick 3.jpeg
Hi! Since I find few mentions of Crossroad Ford of Wake Forest I have to ask about your experience with them - if you actually bought there. Did they require any extra so-called mandatory packages be added to your truck?

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You just reminded me, I bought mine at Apex but I'm closer to the Fuquay location. It turns out all the Crossroads Ford places will be able to perform your first 3 oil changes for free, not just the location you bought it from. Maybe everyone knows that but I didn't.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Add me to the list of locals here with orders. Mine is with Crossroads in Wake Forest. Scheduled to build the week of 10/11. Ordered on July 2nd and all I needed was my drivers license to verify it was a human ordering and not the dealership for inventory.
Greetings! Just checking to see if you were forced to pay for the same $497 appearance package from Crossroads Wake Forest that I am being told I will have to get on my upcoming build. Thanks!

Sponsored

Velo_Blue_Mav_in_NC

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Greetings! Just checking to see if you were forced to pay for the same $497 appearance package from Crossroads Wake Forest that I am being told I will have to get on my upcoming build. Thanks!
I paid nothing up front but yes they did this appearance package on mine… No choice in that unfortunately…

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I paid nothing up front but yes they did this appearance package on mine… No choice in that unfortunately…
Nothing up-front here either thank goodness. I do not want anything applied to the paint since I will be applying my own ceramic coating. It seems that we who pay for an ordered vehicle should have some say in this.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing up-front here either thank goodness. I do not want anything applied to the paint since I will be applying my own ceramic coating. It seems that we who pay for an ordered vehicle should have some say in this.
Yeah those packages are totally optional if you did a retail order, I’d ask to speak to someone higher up, as high as you need to. Even if they instruct them to try to force it on people maybe they will play dumb and say oh yes of course the sales person was incorrect, if you actually push them on it. I kept getting conflicting information from different employees. I made sure I brought it up over and over and also the day they took delivery to make sure they didn’t “accidentally” add any package.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Yeah those packages are totally optional if you did a retail order, I’d ask to speak to someone higher up, as high as you need to. Even if they instruct them to try to force it on people maybe they will play dumb and say oh yes of course the sales person was incorrect, if you actually push them on it. I kept getting conflicting information from different employees. I made sure I brought it up over and over and also the day they took delivery to make sure they didn’t “accidentally” add any package.
Oh, I'm already doing that, and I won't even get the truck until end of September or early October. Getting some of the "well, that's above my pay grade" crap. That's why you have management. If a customer asks for something, ask them to approve it. Don't just LIE and say it's mandatory across the Crossroads company. Yes, it might be mandatory to NOT tell customers about it and just put it on an invoice. That's also unethical.

bguen

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Pilot, 2018 Honda Accord
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi! Since I find few mentions of Crossroad Ford of Wake Forest I have to ask about your experience with them - if you actually bought there. Did they require any extra so-called mandatory packages be added to your truck?
Nice guy but no communication... I still don't have any news on the one I ordered...

Sponsored

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a AWD XLT from Welford Harris in Siler City, NC back in January. It now has a VIN and production week of 11/7. I have no personal experience with Welford Harris from the past but their online reviews seem to be mostly positive whatever that means. I was told at the time of order:

-MSRP pricing
-No required dealer add-ons
-$379 Doc Fee

Hopefully that will all remain true when my order arrives. I have an order with Granger Ford that got scheduled earlier and will hopefully be built 10/10. If that happens I will probably be taking the Granger order and then deciding whether or not to sell it or trade it on the local one. If Welford Harris sticks with what they told me I will probably take delivery because the Maverick I ordered with them has both CP360 and the Luxury Package while the Granger order has neither.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So it sounds like Crossroads of Apex is the way to go? Any particular sales reps someone would recommend? Need to find out if they will honor the special pricing and take a order transferred from another dealer.

My 2022 order was with Green Ford in Greensboro, they say 'no markups for online orders' and have a free lifetime warranty with all new vehicles (5 year one extended for as long as you own the car) which I liked since I haven't owned a Ford before and wasn't sure about their reliability. BUT I never got any updates or information about Maverick constraints or ordering changes, so was thinking of trying another dealer.
Steve Schmidt is a good sales rep who has a vested interest in the vehicle since he is trying to get a hybrid mav himself. He may not know everything possible since he is not a forum lurker like us losers, but he was excellent when I took delivery to make sure I understood all the features of the vehicle, and he’s followed up with me consistently to check if I had any issues over the last 9+ months.

Anthony Galarza is now a finance officer but was my original sales rep before being promoted. He was a straight shooter with me and I found him to be easy to communicate with. If you can ask to work with both of them I think you’ll have a good experience.

HelenaC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Helena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lux XLT & 2004 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am working with Jake Chastain at Crossroads in Apex. My experience and the follow-up has been vastly superior with Crossroads versus University Ford or Capital Ford.

They had a hybrid come available on a cancelled order so I jumped on when Jake called me. There is a $5K market adjustment, so I don't know if others turned them down, but I am not too proud to take the hit if I can get my hands on a hybrid Maverick within the next month since its already built and on the way.

PewDmz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no truck
I visited Crossroads Wake Forest, who said they would do MSRP with no deposit. However, I wasn't convinced that they know how to get a reservation in and confirmed early once 2023 orders are open. They told me they would just call me when the orders opened, and didn't seem to have a good idea of when that would be.
To follow up on this - Crossroads Wake Forest never called when the 2023 order bank opened.

I knew the order bank was open (from reading online), but decided my actual chances of getting a hybrid weren't high enough to warrant the effort needed to place an order.

If Ford ever gets caught up on orders AND gets the hybrid and co-pilot restrictions figured out, I could be a buyer. Until then, I guess I'm driving what I already own.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a AWD XLT from Welford Harris in Siler City, NC back in January. It now has a VIN and production week of 11/7. I have no personal experience with Welford Harris from the past but their online reviews seem to be mostly positive whatever that means. I was told at the time of order:

-MSRP pricing
-No required dealer add-ons
-$379 Doc Fee

Hopefully that will all remain true when my order arrives. I have an order with Granger Ford that got scheduled earlier and will hopefully be built 10/10. If that happens I will probably be taking the Granger order and then deciding whether or not to sell it or trade it on the local one. If Welford Harris sticks with what they told me I will probably take delivery because the Maverick I ordered with them has both CP360 and the Luxury Package while the Granger order has neither.
UPDATE:

Welford Harris, highly recommended. I got price and rate protection without even bringing it up, $379 dealer fee, no add on dealer "options," no high pressure sales extras (like extended warranty, etc.), no muss, no fuss, all done within the confines of my one hour lunch break yesterday. A+ to them!

Ford Maverick Raleigh/Triangle NC Dealership Maverick Tracker Arrived at Dealer_10_22_2022
Sponsored