First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Chapman won't ship to any remote dealers anymore, I don't think. You can email Steven ([email protected]), CC Ashlie ([email protected] ) and just let him know that Adam sent you there from Maverick Truck Club

They will likely be offering 3% below invoice again - which is a great deal and worth the drive up to Philly
Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know Granger won't do a CD, I'd check with Chapman and see if they still do a CD. Long McArthur is iffy on CD, Tim Bartz said it depends on your salesman, some will and some won't but he made it sound like it was more of working with the Ford dealer on the other end that was the problem.

PewDmz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no truck
What's the current best strategy to get a 2023 order in (when the list opens), living in the triangle area?

I visited Crossroads Wake Forest, who said they would do MSRP with no deposit. However, I wasn't convinced that they know how to get a reservation in and confirmed early once 2023 orders are open. They told me they would just call me when the orders opened, and didn't seem to have a good idea of when that would be. I think they would also add fees of ~$1250.

I know Chapman in PA will probably do some discount (3%?) off of MSRP plus $500 fees, and you can fly 1-way RDU-->PHlL for $50 most weeks.

Any other good options?

Looking at XLT, and have no problem waiting a while.

Thanks..

HelenaC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Helena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lux XLT & 2004 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just sharing some answers that I got back from Ashlie at Chapman Ford......

Our Offer for a Retail Order
$0 deposit

3% under final invoice plus tax/tags and $422 pa doc fee
*Our pricing program under invoice will not be combined with any manufacturer price protection programs…the POC/DORA may not be the final invoice price & only an estimate based on the current pricing guide from Ford/Stellantis…Ford/Stellantis occasionally has price increases during the course of production…once the vehicle lands on the ground, we will provide you a copy of the invoice from Ford/Stellantis & will honor our % under invoice in this email thread.*

We can certainly add you to our follow up list to contact once 23MY opens for orders. We do not participate in courtesy delivery, we recommend www.uship.com for shipping estimates to your home. Credit is not run until you decide to proceed with the purchase at the time of the vehicle’s arrival

Ashlie Ryan
Retail Order Team

Last edited:

PewDmz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no truck
For those who bought at Chapman (in PA, not CD) - did they handle the NC plate/tax process, or did you handle it yourself at a tag office in NC?

Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For those who bought at Chapman (in PA, not CD) - did they handle the NC plate/tax process, or did you handle it yourself at a tag office in NC?
Chapman handled the title and tag, I had to pay the tax. Basically what happens is they give you a Pennsylvania temp tag (they FedEx it to me), I received the NC tag in the mail with a temporary sticker which is good for 45 days and a tax bill. Pay the tax bill and you get your permanent sticker.

The CD dealer doesn't handle title, tax and tag, at least Capital Ford didn't.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just sharing some answers that I got back from Aslie at Chapman Ford......

Our Offer for a Retail Order
$0 deposit

3% under final invoice plus tax/tags and $422 pa doc fee
*Our pricing program under invoice will not be combined with any manufacturer price protection programs…the POC/DORA may not be the final invoice price & only an estimate based on the current pricing guide from Ford/Stellantis…Ford/Stellantis occasionally has price increases during the course of production…once the vehicle lands on the ground, we will provide you a copy of the invoice from Ford/Stellantis & will honor our % under invoice in this email thread.*

We can certainly add you to our follow up list to contact once 23MY opens for orders. We do not participate in courtesy delivery, we recommend www.uship.com for shipping estimates to your home. Credit is not run until you decide to proceed with the purchase at the time of the vehicle’s arrival

Ashlie Ryan
Retail Order Team
Interesting, well things changed since I bought. Still a pretty good deal though, no one local is going to give you 3% under invoice and the doc fee is cheaper than any locals. Also watch out because some of the local dealers will force you into extras like paint protection and fabric guard crap. I placed my order with them pretty early when they were offering 4% under invoice and CD delivery. They did price protect me, they matched the price they quoted me on my DORA and gave me 0%/36mo financing, though that is coming from Ford.

Long McArthur will sell you at MSRP and if you finance with them will pay for shipping or air fare and accommodations if you fly in up to a $1000.

I would trust Long McArthur, Granger, or Chapman because they seem to know what they are doing when placing orders. I wasn't getting a warm fuzzy feeling with any of the local dealers when I originally reached out to them. University Ford was the worst, they were clueless.

nc-maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Finally arrived! After 13.5 months of waiting. Crossroads Ford of Apex was a no hassle buying experience, honored MSRP and price protection.
Ford Maverick Raleigh/Triangle NC Dealership Maverick Tracker IMG_4844

Compuwhiz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB AWD Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally arrived! After 13.5 months of waiting. Crossroads Ford of Apex was a no hassle buying experience, honored MSRP and price protection.
IMG_4844.jpg
Congrats! That's a very long wait, glad to hear everything worked out well with Crossroads Ford.

HelenaC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Helena
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lux XLT & 2004 Honda Element
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats @nc-maverick ! After your post I finally took a ride over to Crossroads Ford of Apex. I just so happened to get lucky and there was a Silver Maverick XLT getting picked up. The happy new owner was gracious enough to let me peek around, sit in the back seat finally, and check out his installed options (factory installed manual rear window and tow package, and dealer installed spray in bedliner and extender rack). His order took him 11 months so he was totally understanding that we wanted to ogle at his in person for a little bit; in contrast I got the evil eye and kicked out of the Orange FX4 that I got to sit in for 2 minutes at Capital Ford, lol

Crossroads definitely had it much more together and organized and their $500 deposit is refundable (unlike University Ford and Capital Ford). That makes it an easy decision for me to stay local and be price protected.

Sponsored

nc-maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Congrats @nc-maverick ! After your post I finally took a ride over to Crossroads Ford of Apex. I just so happened to get lucky and there was a Silver Maverick XLT getting picked up. The happy new owner was gracious enough to let me peek around, sit in the back seat finally, and check out his installed options (factory installed manual rear window and tow package, and dealer installed spray in bedliner and extender rack). His order took him 11 months so he was totally understanding that we wanted to ogle at his in person for a little bit; in contrast I got the evil eye and kicked out of the Orange FX4 that I got to sit in for 2 minutes at Capital Ford, lol

Crossroads definitely had it much more together and organized and their $500 deposit is refundable (unlike University Ford and Capital Ford). That makes it an easy decision for me to stay local and be price protected.
Yes, I saw the silver XLT in the showroom yesterday when I picked up mine. Crossroads knew what they were doing and the deposit was refundable which helped make me choose them over University Ford or Capitol Ford who had a non-refundable.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

IMG_4844.jpg
Sweet, welcome to the club, perhaps I'll see you around. Enjoy.

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Capital Ford got in at least 6 Mavericks in the last few days. Saw 2 sold, 4 unsold on the lot- all XLT with AWD except for one Lariat with 360 and FX Offroad. Some XLT had towing package with Wildpeaks, another had FX offroad.

All HAD $5K ADM and $600 dealer "protection" packages. See picture.
Ford Maverick Raleigh/Triangle NC Dealership Maverick Tracker Capital Ford ADM

Said could order Tremor in September at MSRP and $500 deposit. At least they seem to be getting Mavericks. Anyone order one there?

- Phil

PewDmz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no truck
Markups seem to be falling, as Crossroads Wake Forest still has $10k ADM on their in stock Mavericks and they don't seem to be selling.

I don't understand why any triangle dealer would require a deposit when (a) there are other local dealers that don't and (b) they get additional inventory if the buyer flakes.

I'm considering an order at Crossroads Apex when the order bank opens, based on the experiences posted here.

PCK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW R32; Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Chapman handled the title and tag, I had to pay the tax. Basically what happens is they give you a Pennsylvania temp tag (they FedEx it to me), I received the NC tag in the mail with a temporary sticker which is good for 45 days and a tax bill. Pay the tax bill and you get your permanent sticker.
Sorry, I have not bought a new car is some time and not in 2 states. If we use Chapman in PA, do we pay 2 taxes (PA and NC) and is this a vehicle tax only, not Sales Tax? How much for the tax?

- Phil
Sponsored