Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2.0 FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How do i remove this ? Anyone can help ? Thanks

Ford Maverick PSA: oil change on FX4 Maverick requires skid plate panels removal 20220122_135358

Ztnichol

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello. I don’t have the FX4 build on my order but am interested in adding the skid plates after delivery. Does anyone have the PN for the skid plates? I have not been able to find them. Appreciate any information, thanks.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
people generally change oil way more than necessary on these newer vehicles

Sponsored

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For me because I plan on not going “off road” and getting the package for the wheels and the larger screen I will have the skid plate removed if it provides no access and causes a problem.
Lyle, if you are still thinking about or have already removed the skid plate, would you be interested in selling it?

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why are you guys changing your own oil ? Didn’t you get Free lifetime oil changes from your dealer ? Have it with my 2012 Chevy Colorado and will have it from my dealer on my Maverick.

Last edited:

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Lyle, if you are still thinking about or have already removed the skid plate, would you be interested in selling it?
I have not had the oil changed yet, truck has less than a thousand miles. I will leave the plates on while I’m using the dealer for the maintenance during warranty period. After that I’m not sure.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some vehicles require the plate to be fully removed I've heard, and with this being a cheap vehicle that's kinda my expectation :/.
I'm just hoping that they did something to make it easier on their technicians and us.
The Escape had the same thing but it was insulation and plastic. It isn't difficult to remove the cover, and pretty easy to remove and reinstall the skid plate. It is a tin plate, not really a plate but more of a tin cover. But everything that keeps sand out is good with me. I imagine that if you bounced off a sharp rock with that tin it would bend or hole it pretty easily. But that is a good pattern if you wanted to make a real skid plate. Before I worry about a skid plate I will want to make a roll cage for the cabin and a way to stuff a few more ponies in the engine, say another hundred or so.

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why are you guys changing your own oil ? Didn’t you get Free lifetime oil changes from your dealer ? Have it with my 2012 Chevy Colorado and will have it from my dealer on my Maverick.
How were you able to get lifetime oil changes from your Ford dealer? I bought from the largest Ford dealer and all they give you for free is a bottle of Niagara water.

Sponsored

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I told them I have had it for ten years on my Chevy Colorado and asked if they do the same. It really makes sense for a dealer to do this, just like the Free razor in the mail approach.

Kevin H.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For me because I plan on not going “off road” and getting the package for the wheels and the larger screen I will have the skid plate removed if it provides no access and causes a problem.
Want to sell me your skid plate?

Kenny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost with AWD, Tow Pkg
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The skid plate on FX4 is only tough the first time, because of Loctite on the six 13 mm bolts from the factory. No need for Loctite when replacing those bolts. After the first time you can just zip them out with an impact driver and the four T27 screws in about 60 seconds. I just finished doing it today.
Sponsored