Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well I guess the hard part is done ? Ya right lol . I would have liked to take pictures along the way but I am on the clock for the 28th and I’m doing this on the fly.
I will definitely take notes on any important compatibility issues etc.

I need to stay off eBay for now because Focus RS transmissions keep popping up and that’s not in the cards right now.

For now this 2.3 with upgraded turbo and supporting mods should be a good start.
56920F7D-C6A3-4828-A8D7-66515B4CC62A.jpeg
8CEDFF14-A412-4E13-B69F-E6C5CC144C52.jpeg
So clean, you won't show up to work with dirt under your nails the next day. LOL
Didn't want to remove the radiator, easy pull to give you a lot more working space?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fast Mavericks

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So clean, you won't show up to work with dirt under your nails the next day. LOL
Didn't want to remove the radiator, easy pull to give you a lot more working space?
there’s plenty of space without removing the radiator. I had to intention of swapping the motor so early. I had the transfer case and axles off to swap the turbo. With 75% already off it made sense to swap it out since I’m not sure when it will be in pieces like that again

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

there’s plenty of space without removing the radiator. I had to intention of swapping the motor so early. I had the transfer case and axles off to swap the turbo. With 75% already off it made sense to swap it out since I’m not sure when it will be in pieces like that again
im so tempted to do this . But so afraid of loosing my power train warranty... great work too. those the corsair engine comes with egr too? as the 2.0 ?

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So what's the latest? I feel like the updates just up and stopped on this thread.

Azmig88

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick 2.0 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So what's the latest? I feel like the updates just up and stopped on this thread.
COVID came to visit. All is well now. I’m sure an update is in the works. Stay tuned

Sponsored

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tell ya if Ford had a crate motor and manual transmission combo for the 2.3 in rwd, I think alot of people would be doing motor swaps with em in hotrods and such. They are powerful efficient little motors. Imagine dropping a 350hp crate motor in a old Ranger, Fox, or Panther platform. Or even a old Maverick or Pinto. And get +20mpg. It will be cool to see what you get out of it!
Wouldn't the base Bronco engine/transmission meet your description? Just gotta find one that has been rolled down some mountain and has been declared a total. And the cough up the bucks.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wouldn't the base Bronco engine/transmission meet your description? Just gotta find one that has been rolled down some mountain and has been declared a total. And the cough up the bucks.
Bronco and Ranger are longitudinal and have the 10 speed auto. I would not expect the engine to bolt into a Maverick without some work, no.

That's the reason why he got the Corsair 2.3. It is transverse with the 8spd.

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bronco and Ranger are longitudinal and have the 10 speed auto. I would not expect the engine to bolt into a Maverick without some work, no.

That's the reason why he got the Corsair 2.3. It is transverse with the 8spd.
The comment on the Bronco was in reply to the wish for a crate 2.3/manual to drop into other longitudinal projects. The Ranger 2.3 would not apply as it is automatic only. AFAIK the Bronco is the only manual sold with a 2.3 ecoboost.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The comment on the Bronco was in reply to the wish for a crate 2.3/manual to drop into other longitudinal projects. The Ranger 2.3 would not apply as it is automatic only. AFAIK the Bronco is the only manual sold with a 2.3 ecoboost.
Oh. Another off-topic Maverickman post, shocking. 🤣 I do my best not to address those in the naive hope we can talk about Mavericks.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Corsair 2.3 would be fun in a VW or Corvair!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oh. Another off-topic Maverickman post, shocking. 🤣 I do my best not to address those in the naive hope we can talk about Mavericks.
You didn't happen to be a teacher at Greenon HS in Enon OH in the late 90s did ya?

OP
OP
Fast Mavericks

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Truck is running just getting it dialed in.

OP
OP
Fast Mavericks

Fast Mavericks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat Eco AWD