Sponsored

Perhaps pressing the lock button on the FOB two times will prevent the hybrid from going into deep sleep mode.

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been pressing the lock button on the key FOB twice, with a horn beep, recently. I always have had the deep sleep notice on the Ford pass app on the weekends when I don't drive every day. I even had the deep sleep notice after driving 17 miles from work, got out of the vehicle and just locked the vehicle with one lock button press and 30 minutes later the deep sleep notice popped up on the Ford Pass app.

I have had the deep sleep notice one time since double tapping the lock button. I have started double-locking the vehicle after I read a post on this forum by a poster stating that double pressing the lock button puts all the modules to sleep immediately. Otherwise, if you don't double press the lock button, the vehicle stays 'awake' for twenty minutes or so. I don't know if this is factual, nothing in the manual mentions double tapping the lock button.
Sponsored

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are people not normally doing that? I just thought that was what you were supposed to do with the Maverick. After the first time I exited the vehicle and the lights stayed on, I hit the lock button twice and everything turns off.

Wilbur

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Ford F100
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
...I have started double-locking the vehicle after I read a post on this forum by a poster stating that double pressing the lock button puts all the modules to sleep immediately. Otherwise, if you don't double press the lock button, the vehicle stays 'awake' for twenty minutes or so...
I find this to be true as well.

It is ridiculous to have to lock my truck all the time, even at home, but since I started double-beep locking the truck (and deleted Ford Pass off my phone), the Deep Sleep issues have gone away.

23grayXLT84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 hybrid xlt base.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doubt this is true especially with the hybrid and it's battery cooling post shutoff.

Sponsored

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if putting a meter on the terminal post under the hood will show a voltage increase after the double honk compared to the single button lock method.

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wonder if putting a meter on the terminal post under the hood will show a voltage increase after the double honk compared to the single button lock method.
I think I will do that tomorrow and see; thanks for the idea!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been pressing the lock button on the key FOB twice, with a horn beep, recently. I always have had the deep sleep notice on the Ford pass app on the weekends when I don't drive every day. I even had the deep sleep notice after driving 17 miles from work, got out of the vehicle and just locked the vehicle with one lock button press and 30 minutes later the deep sleep notice popped up on the Ford Pass app.

I have had the deep sleep notice one time since double tapping the lock button. I have started double-locking the vehicle after I read a post on this forum by a poster stating that double pressing the lock button puts all the modules to sleep immediately. Otherwise, if you don't double press the lock button, the vehicle stays 'awake' for twenty minutes or so. I don't know if this is factual, nothing in the manual mentions double tapping the lock button.
The only mention in the manual is under the mislock indicator paragraph. Where if you press the lock button a second time within 3 seconds and if something is not locked the horn will sound. In practice my horn is set to honk once when I push lock button once (I believe this honk can be turned off in settings). The second button push in the mislock paragraph honks the horn if the hood is not totally latched, or if a door is not latched or the tailgate is open. What happens in mine is two lock button pushes honks once if all locks are secure and honks twice if one or more of the doors, hood, or tailgate are not totally shut and locked. The two button push also turns off the courtesy light delay, the radio, the dome light, and who knows what else. I have no way to check or confirm everything which may or may not be turned off or left on. I suspect it could possibly constitute notice to computer that you are through for the day and allow to minimize 12v usage. Do not forget that the PowerPoints can stay active up to the time limit which has been selected or a shorter time if 12v soc drops to 12.1v, if I remember correctly so anything you leave plugged in should have its own separate on/off switch or be on a circuit which is turned off when the double lock push is done.

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have always double-tapped mine since the day I got it. The first six months, all was fine. Since then, I get the deep sleep mode all the time.

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've been double locking only since I got the truck and still get deep sleep

Sponsored

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I always thought the second press honk was to be able to locate your truck in a crowded parking lot. If I've been grocery shopping (usually takes one and a half to two hours), I tend to sometimes forget exactly where I parked and the honk lets me know where my truck is. Of course I have an ecoboost, so deep sleep hasn't really been a concern for me.

jorl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav HYB XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think its the FORDPASS app-my HYB XLT was delivered March 22 and have NEVER gotten a deep sleep message AND I don't have the FORDPASS app so...not professing to know,just my experience

speedbump

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150
Engine
Undecided
Pardon my ignorance but does the ecoboost have a deep sleep? I thought it was only on the hybrid.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

All of these posts taken together means:

It MAY help in "borderline" cases.

It does nothing useful with a strong battery. And if does nothing useful with a very weak battery.

The only mystery is, will this keep a "strong" battery stronger, longer???
Sponsored