Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's a key indicator of a$$holyness.
For sure, and then when you call them out, all of a sudden, you're the asshole. There's nothing worse than seeing a parent with entitled children doing something to mess up your property, and then deny it because their children are such little angels, and are incapable of doing anything wrong.
Sponsored

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
PDR should fix that.
I have one scheduled this Thursday. It's just the thought of having to pay out of pocket for something I didn't do that bothers me the most. Our society sucks! Hopefully it won't be that much.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I try to park strategically to avoid the door dings but I know full well all may be in vain one day. That is inconsiderate laziness.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For sure, and then when you call them out, all of a sudden, you're the asshole. There's nothing worse than seeing a parent with entitled children doing something to mess up your property, and then deny it because their children are such little angels, and are incapable of doing anything wrong.
I had this happen at work not that long ago. I was out collecting carts and an older guy (old enough to know better) asked if he could have one of my carts, so I said yes. So he grabs the first one out of my line but there's a crushed water bottle inside. What does he do? Instead of leaving it in the cart until he can find a trash can, he just tosses it right on the ground in front of me without a care in the world. Although I shouldn't have done it, I did confront him since that was totally uncalled for. He instantly goes into defense mode and rambles on to just do my job, you're not a hero, you're gonna get your a** kicked for talking to people like that, yada yada yada. All over a damn plastic bottle!

Once I told one of my managers about that confrontation, they of course defend the customer and called me out for confronting him in the first place. She said, "if you hadn't said anything, none of this would've happened, right?" So in essence, she's totally justifying his behavior and we have to just put up with it. I get that it's against company policy to correct people's behavior but what do they expect? Of course I would react to it, why wouldn't I? Especially since the guy did it belligerently right in front of me just to get a reaction. Between the customer and the manager taking his side, it's the unfortunate norm of society nowadays. Bad guys get their way and there's no justice in the world anymore.

ABTremor

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tell me about it. I was greeted to this after work last weekend. We had a freak thunderstorm roll through and someone must've panicked to get back in their car, swung their door open too wide and put a noticeably sized dent in my driver's front door. It's worth noting that I park far away from customers so they chose to park right on top of me. Now I have to pay out of pocket for someone else's negligence. Like someone mentioned already, it's the society we live in nowadays unfortunately.

.trashed-1719107709-PXL_20240518_215932766.jpg

PXL_20240525_231932812.jpg
I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me at my daughters college graduation last Saturday....

Some A** Hat apparently was considerate enough to help me get the first door ding/dent accomplished. :mad:

Sponsored

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Tell me about it. I was greeted to this after work last weekend. We had a freak thunderstorm roll through and someone must've panicked to get back in their car, swung their door open too wide and put a noticeably sized dent in my driver's front door. It's worth noting that I park far away from customers so they chose to park right on top of me. Now I have to pay out of pocket for someone else's negligence. Like someone mentioned already, it's the society we live in nowadays unfortunately.

Looks like ding king will get it out. Didn’t need to happen.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I try to park strategically to avoid the door dings but I know full well all may be in vain one day. That is inconsiderate laziness.
I do this too, but every time I do someone with an old beater F250, or crazy lifted truck parks beside me. :ROFLMAO:

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Went to Harbor Freight today and when I came out I saw this. It's a plastic cart so no damage but really, the cart return was right behind me and over a couple of spaces, they were to lazy so just left the cart there.

6B005B39-A393-4D91-B5C2-44A418D034B6.jpeg
Every time I park…not ignorant, well maybe, but definitely lazy.

Sponsored

MavDan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to Harbor Freight today and when I came out I saw this. It's a plastic cart so no damage but really, the cart return was right behind me and over a couple of spaces, they were to lazy so just left the cart there.

6B005B39-A393-4D91-B5C2-44A418D034B6.jpeg
Ford Maverick People are just Ignorant sK9pS-

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Yep, got one just like that, on the rear door, up on the crease.. Last October...
Thought about having it looked at but, since it has NOT broke through the paint layer.
It will just be my Mav's baptism of fire... :confused:
I now park with extra care...
Guess it could have been worse... :mad:

Jerry

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep, got one just like that, on the rear door, up on the crease.. Last October...
Thought about having it looked at but, since it has NOT broke through the paint layer.
It will just be my Mav's baptism of fire... :confused:
I now park with extra care...
Guess it could have been worse... :mad:

Jerry
I had a 2012 Honda crv. About three years ago someone backing out of adjacent parking space managed to hang the plastic trim on my rear passenger quarter panel. It also broke the tabs off the rear plastic "bumper". Did not bend quarter panel but rubbed paint off. Was a $1684 "KISS". (I was happy I have had my SF auto policy long enough for my $50 deductible to be "grandfathered". ). Body shop called and said bumper when came in had a shipping scratch and it was last one available. I went and looked at it couldn't hardly see scratch/rub spot so said "USE IT"!

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had this happen at work not that long ago. I was out collecting carts and an older guy (old enough to know better) asked if he could have one of my carts, so I said yes. So he grabs the first one out of my line but there's a crushed water bottle inside. What does he do? Instead of leaving it in the cart until he can find a trash can, he just tosses it right on the ground in front of me without a care in the world. Although I shouldn't have done it, I did confront him since that was totally uncalled for. He instantly goes into defense mode and rambles on to just do my job, you're not a hero, you're gonna get your a** kicked for talking to people like that, yada yada yada. All over a damn plastic bottle!

Once I told one of my managers about that confrontation, they of course defend the customer and called me out for confronting him in the first place. She said, "if you hadn't said anything, none of this would've happened, right?" So in essence, she's totally justifying his behavior and we have to just put up with it. I get that it's against company policy to correct people's behavior but what do they expect? Of course I would react to it, why wouldn't I? Especially since the guy did it belligerently right in front of me just to get a reaction. Between the customer and the manager taking his side, it's the unfortunate norm of society nowadays. Bad guys get their way and there's no justice in the world anymore.
Yep and they wonder why the lots looks like shit.
Unfortunately you did the right thing. But you also have to be mindful of your job when you absolutely shouldn’t have to be over something like that. Kinda like the guys that get fired for confronting a shop lifter. Things won’t change unless more people like you say something. That guy even though he acted tough more than likely will think again.
Would have been great to get his plate find his address. Load all parking lot trash and drop it off in his driveway one night

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tell you what. Our local Shop Rites a grocery chain have the chains that you need to put a quater in to get the cart. You get the quater back when it's returned. It works! I have never seen a cart that was not returned.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.