First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe I'm just being optimistic but let's see where we are after this month. There was a lot of stuff going on last year (OKTB, holidays, and what not). I expect to get a better picture of the production heading into February.
Sponsored

Doug Wildman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid is currently shipping with a Feb 5-11 delivery date. February 15th will be eight months. Patience grasshopper.

rosepedal99

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Just seeing how long everyone had to wait to get their first email from Ford following the order confirmation email. Currently driving a 2010 Honda Civic w/143000 miles and I’m not entirely sure it makes it through the winter.

I was originally told 3-6 months but just checked in with my dealer yesterday (1/12) and they said they’ve been told it could still be six more months.
I ordered 11/11 and was told delivery in spring, well the last day of spring is June 21, so I am believing what they are telling you. And don’t worry I have a 2004 Honda Civic with 260,000 miles that my daughter drives daily and still cranks on the first turn every time

Comet71

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Comet 71
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Mercury Comet
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sounds like I might not be getting a Maverick after all if that’s the case. Going to need a car by this summer for sure.
don't cancel your order do business with the dealer or sell the Mav here. there is a lot of new ppl getting to know the maverick so chances of selling Mav will be high!

and don't feel sorry if you overprice it is not your fault!!

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds about right. I ordered a few days after you (decided to go with EB instead) and was told I'd probably not see my hybrid order until summer '22. As it stands, I'm due for production the week of 2/21 and have a VIN#. Hoping to see my EB-FWD in March/April.

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered 11/11 and was told delivery in spring, well the last day of spring is June 21, so I am believing what they are telling you. And don’t worry I have a 2004 Honda Civic with 260,000 miles that my daughter drives daily and still cranks on the first turn every time
Remember a "keeper" vehicle should be driven about every 2 weeks. Reduce INS to liability only. Of course you could just sell it and put the $ plus what insurance, registration, inspection, and a tank of gas would cost into a "Rental vehicle fund".

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered a Velocity Blue base hybrid with only a drop-in bed liner from Larson Ford in Lakewood, New Jersey on October 30. Was told anywhere from April to August. Dealer will honor my price if it turns into a 2023 model. Got a confirmation email a day or two after. Called the Ford customer service number in December just to check my order. Order was in the system and the woman said she thought early June at the latest. I have a 2012 Chevy Colorado with 126,000 that has been very good, but I have never had a vehicle with that many miles, plus the price of gas will probably be shooting up even more once we get to Memorial Day. Hoping for early June delivery.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered June 24th, still no build date. We're fortunate that we don't have a need, this is a want, but the more time that passes by, the greater chance that this will be my first and last experience with Ford.

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just seeing how long everyone had to wait to get their first email from Ford following the order confirmation email. Currently driving a 2010 Honda Civic w/143000 miles and I’m not entirely sure it makes it through the winter.

I was originally told 3-6 months but just checked in with my dealer yesterday (1/12) and they said they’ve been told it could still be six more months.
6-Months is a blessing if you receive. I've been waiting for eight months and still no ETA. This was my first ordered vehicle and it will be MY LAST!

MTMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Chevy 1T
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Almost 3 months to the day... Ford let me know I was going to get a "really cool Ford FITS Accessory Kit". Nothing since.

Sponsored

SValline

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang Shelby GT-C, 2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed my order end of Oct and was told 7 months. I tend to be optimistic, so looking forward to the production getting smoother and faster and better quality as they go. Worst case, if I need a vehicle before July, I'll find one on a dealer lot that someone else backed out of. Replacing a 2016 Mustang with 111,000+ miles.

I remember back when the Escape was introduced, they had steering wheels popping off, wheels falling off, catching fire, all kinds of recalls. I swore never to buy a new vehicle the first year it's introduced, but here we are. I think Ford learned a few lessons since then and I've had nothing but fun with my Mustangs. Ford as a brand has been nailing it for a long while now with the Broncos, Mach E, Mustangs, Focus ST and RS, Fiesta ST, Trucks, pretty much everything. Plus they didn't take the bailout when the other US automakers did, so I like Ford and have pretty high confidence in their products and decisions.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Plus they didn't take the bailout when the other US automakers did, so I like Ford and have pretty high confidence in their products and decisions.
Yes they did...

"Ford did not receive any money under AIFP, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t get any federal assistance.

In a Jan. 30, 2009, report on the bailout program, the Congressional Research Service noted that Ford “is counting on $5 billion from the DOE loan program to support a $14 billion plan to reorient its lineup toward more fuel-efficient vehicles.” On June 23, 2009, the Department of Energy announced it would provide $5.9 billion to Ford “to transform factories across Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, and Ohio to produce 13 more fuel efficient models.”"

https://www.factcheck.org/2011/09/ford-motor-co-does-u-turn-on-bailouts/

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Unless your civic has some major mechanical problems, or was flat out not maintained, that thing is just getting broken in. My 08 civic has 180k miles and my inlaws have a 2001 with 250k miles on it. Not the nicest cars, but they just keep on running if you take care of them.

handelong86

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 ford escape 2006 jeep liberty ford Mavrick XL

i get that i a driving an 09 ford escape 250000 miles on it hope it makes untill i get the maverick good luck

RichApple

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am at the 6 month point since I confirmed my order, still no word from Ford when it will be in production. The dealer has been super, but their hands are tied by production, at least they keep me informed with the news..good or bad. And like many, I am forced to put money into a high maintenance vehicle until it gets replaced. Let's hope the wait is rewarding.
Sponsored