First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just seeing how long everyone had to wait to get their first email from Ford following the order confirmation email. Currently driving a 2010 Honda Civic w/143000 miles and I’m not entirely sure it makes it through the winter.

I was originally told 3-6 months but just checked in with my dealer yesterday (1/12) and they said they’ve been told it could still be six more months.
Sponsored

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going on 7 months without even getting a VIN. Get ready for a long wait!

OP
OP

MD_Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm going on 7 months without even getting a VIN. Get ready for a long wait!
sounds like I might not be getting a Maverick after all if that’s the case. Going to need a car by this summer for sure.

OP
OP

MD_Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would expect you will be waiting longer than six months. I would think 8 more months to be a more realistic number.
At that point I just want first in line for a 2023 and be able to upgrade to a XLT Lux. I knew I shouldn’t have bought a Ford 😂

Lugnut

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sounds like I might not be getting a Maverick after all if that’s the case. Going to need a car by this summer for sure.
I'm at 6 1/2 months and still not scheduled. You had better go with plan B. I would have to say your hybrid will not be built this year!

Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just seeing how long everyone had to wait to get their first email from Ford following the order confirmation email. Currently driving a 2010 Honda Civic w/143000 miles and I’m not entirely sure it makes it through the winter.

I was originally told 3-6 months but just checked in with my dealer yesterday (1/12) and they said they’ve been told it could still be six more months.
Sounds like they gave you correct information unless there are some drastic production changes.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Idk, while feeling very bad for those that are still waiting and ordered in June, got to remember 3-4 months of that time there were almost no hybrid built as production started in September and the hybrids did not really kick in till October. Think 6 months is realistic with 3-4 months before getting a schedule date that seems to float a bit and is 1.5 months out in the future and then perhaps just a month till at the dealer, depending on lots of things.

OP
OP

MD_Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Idk, while feeling very bad for those that are still waiting and ordered in June, got to remember 3-4 months of that time there were almost no hybrid built as production started in September and the hybrids did not really kick in till October. Think 6 months is realistic with 3-4 months before getting a schedule date that seems to float a bit and is 1.5 months out in the future and then perhaps just a month till at the dealer, depending on lots of things.
yeah I get a chip issue, global supply chain issues and staffing issues are grinding things to an incredibly slow pace. Add in the EPA issue of the hybrid we have a perfect storm. Just sucks bc the dealer told me 6 months and that was pushing it for me, now it’s looking like 8-9 months from my order date is probably realistic best case scenario. I would have just bought a used car to drive around for 3-5 years again.

OP
OP

MD_Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer told me 8 weeks lol. I knew this to be way wrong but didn't correct them when ordering. 8 weeks was over 8 weeks ago btw.
yikes lol, yeah I had read going into it they expected four months. 8 weeks, dude was just trying to lock down a future sale. That’s wild, my dealer was pretty confident about it being 6 months bc of the issues they had with the Bronco.

KYboy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't post very much. I ordered a hybrid in mid July and still waiting.
A couple of thoughts.
No one wants to produce vehicles and get the line moving more than Ford.
I am troubled that builds are being completed by production workers that are not making quality job one. I reference drilling holes in the gas tank after applying the spray in bed liners. What other gremlins are lurking out there?
I am thinking a long wait for the truck may actually allow time for Ford to build a better, higher quality product. I have my fingers crossed on that one.
I have driven Toyotas for all my adult life, forty years.
If Ford fails in a quality and reliably built product, I'm sure I will never buy American again.

Sponsored

Bandog

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lt
Huh, I suppose this means that I should get the 23. Shit, This is worse than waiting for my first child to be born. I ordered 9/14. Hybrid white 360, drop-in liner,all weather mats more or less the easiest to build

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a month ahead of you and even then was told it would be at least April/May. That has now slipped to June+. I still wonder if some of us won't end up getting the MY23 just by default. My guess is those that actually order a MY23 won't see them until CY23. Just with all the MY22 orders, I just can't see them all getting filled in CY22 (using Bronco and Brono Sport as a baseline). All my vehicles have 200k+ but in this for the long-haul (no pun intended).

mike-m

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ATS, Ram 1500, Silverado 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea, I ordered a hybrid Lariet Lux on 11/11/21 and was told May. I doubt i am getting a 2022 but i hope they fix some of the stupid 1st year goofs for 2023. I would love a rear defroster, fog lights and a larger screen with Sync 4. Who knows? Maybe even an all wheel drive or plug in hybrid will become available for 23.

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered XLT with Lux in July. Was told Fall. In october told one just before mine was scheduled. It was delivered 2 weeks ago.

I still am not even scheduled. I'm in no rush but at some point I will buy a different vehicle and never deal with Ford or that dealership (12 brands) again.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't post very much. I ordered a hybrid in mid July and still waiting.
A couple of thoughts.
No one wants to produce vehicles and get the line moving more than Ford.
I am troubled that builds are being completed by production workers that are not making quality job one. I reference drilling holes in the gas tank after applying the spray in bed liners. What other gremlins are lurking out there?
I am thinking a long wait for the truck may actually allow time for Ford to build a better, higher quality product. I have my fingers crossed on that one.
I have driven Toyotas for all my adult life, forty years.
If Ford fails in a quality and reliably built product, I'm sure I will never buy American again.
August 27, I have heard nothing. I do not blame Ford for any of this. The obstacles are greater than all but a few have imagined. I hope to get my XLT SOMEDAY. I do wish it was a plug-in though. Maybe in 2023.
Sponsored