Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just think, once we were all innocent and trusting and excited about getting our new trucks. It seemed so easy, I've bought new vehicles before.
I found this small (relatively) truck, liked it, researched it and mentally committed myself. Talked to the salesman at the dealership, did the paperwork and was told ABOUT 8 weeks.
Bit by bit the magic wears off, we get irritated and cynical, there's news, little of it good. Frustrated by the lack of communication and the inability to do anything about it. I'm not in a bad place, no kids at home and my Buick suv is doing great. I'm worried about the financing and my trade in value but that's minor and I need a truck but getting by. Still looking forward to being one of the lucky ones with a Maverick I'm happy with. Someday.
First thing Wednesday going to the dealer and converting to a FY '23. Well, it will feel like I'm doing something.
Sponsored

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well written. Just about sums it up. I have bought nine new vehicles before this one. It was exciting and I can't say I was ever disappointed. My vehicle is supposed to be delivered in about one month. The excitement really has worn off. Nine months after ordering and the whole process has just about worn me down. I hope my heart skips a beat when I see this Maverick (it will be only the third I have seen) next month. Not complaining, understand the supply problems, etc., but it could have been less painful with some changes to the process by Ford and dealer.

Last edited:

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well written. Just about sums it up. I have bought nine new vehicles before this one. It was exciting and I can't say I was every disappointed. My vehicle is supposed to be delivered in about one month. The excitement really has worn off. Nine months after ordering and the whole process has just about worn me down. I hope my heart skips a beat when I see this Maverick (it will be only the third I have seen) next month. Not complaining, understand the supply problems, etc., but it could have been less painful with some changes to the process by Ford and dealer.
A little over a year ago I got a pacemaker because my heart was skipping beats! Before I even knew I was going to order a maverick. No problems at all and said I had 12+ years left on the battery. đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Makindofornow,

Thank the Lord your pacemaker batteries will not go into the "deep sleep" mode which is starting to seem common in the hybrid Mav. Sorry for the "dark" humor but it has been one of those mornings!! :)

Sponsored

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Waiting for a Maverick is hard. But its just a symptom of a much greater problem. One that really has me nervous. I hope things go back to 'normal' soon, but I am not as confident as I used to be.

Took my wife's Toyota to the dealer for service last week. I don't think they had 20 new cars on the lot. The used ones were parked at an angle and every third space so the lot would look fuller.

Took my Jeep in for service the week before that. Again mostly empty lot with a few new vehicles up front. I counted 12 desks in the sales area. Only one salesperson working.

Stopped at a Ford dealer to see if they had a Maverick in stock. No. And the place was a ghost town. They weren't even trying to make it look good by spacing the used vehicles. Just had everything parked up front and 3/4 of the lot just empty asphalt. One salesperson on duty and one person in the back office.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I believe Honda and Toyota have been the hardest hit with production down. Think Honda production is down something like 48% worldwide. What a different world we live in than just a few years ago.

Sneezy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Frankly to all those who didn’t expect a long wait, are just foolish. If you didn’t take a lesson from the bronco guys that had to wait several years, then it’s your own fault for getting your hopes up.
Sorry to rant, but every other post is someone complaining about the same exact thing “oh where is my truck, why is this taking so long?”
It really kills the vibe of the forum where people come for information about the truck, not to hear people complain about something they don’t have

Okay I’m off my high horse now

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Expectations are affected by initial parameters, set into motion by interactions with the Dealer Salesperson. In my case the parameters were clear from the outset: “it’ll be 9 months, minimum, without any glitches or supply chain issues”.

So a 9-21-2021 Order confirmation currently becomes a 9+ month run time, with a VIN now in hand along with a 4th (moving target) build week.
It’ll probably be 12 months when completed, well within the parameters of “without glitches or supply chain issues “, which have occurred.

I believe the caterwauling on this forum would be far less in number and dB volume if all the Ford Dealer sales had begun with “9 months” as a starting point, but that would have necessitated honesty and awareness by the Salesperson, a rare combo of traits in Automotive Sales.

[stepping off soapbox now…]

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I am going into this with the expectation that it will take at least one year to get my truck, maybe even a bit more. I am also tempering my outstanding optimism over all this with the thought in the back of my head I may never get one at all. Ahh, well, it will be what it will be the way I look at it.

Sponsored

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just think, once we were all innocent and trusting and excited about getting our new trucks. It seemed so easy, I've bought new vehicles before.
I found this small (relatively) truck, liked it, researched it and mentally committed myself. Talked to the salesman at the dealership, did the paperwork and was told ABOUT 8 weeks.
Bit by bit the magic wears off, we get irritated and cynical, there's news, little of it good. Frustrated by the lack of communication and the inability to do anything about it. I'm not in a bad place, no kids at home and my Buick suv is doing great. I'm worried about the financing and my trade in value but that's minor and I need a truck but getting by. Still looking forward to being one of the lucky ones with a Maverick I'm happy with. Someday.
First thing Wednesday going to the dealer and converting to a FY '23. Well, it will feel like I'm doing something.
Same here, I didn't realize that all dealers were not marking them up and didn't place an order until January 25th. So, I had no clue about what was really going on until a couple weeks after I ordered and joined the MTC. I get zero information from Ford (0 emails). I call the Ford customer service number once a week because I don't trust my dealer to keep me informed. I do know I have an approved order because I asked to see it. I sold my suv months ago and now I just wait.

OP
OP

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Frankly to all those who didn’t expect a long wait, are just foolish. If you didn’t take a lesson from the bronco guys that had to wait several years, then it’s your own fault for getting your hopes up.
Sorry to rant, but every other post is someone complaining about the same exact thing “oh where is my truck, why is this taking so long?”
It really kills the vibe of the forum where people come for information about the truck, not to hear people complain about something they don’t have

What I'm stressing about mostly is the lack of communication. I understand the issues even if some of them are artificial. Although I need a truck I can get around it.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No complaint here. Ordered Oct 13th. Kinda expected April, May delivery......LOL

Had no idea of Bronco issues as I had no interest in a Bronco. I keep reading supply chain. What exactly is supply chain issues out side of chips.

Labor? Minerals for Batteries? Soy for wiring harness? Rubber for tires. Metal for engines? What?

Are the shipping ports still clogged up? I don't research all this stuff but still supply chain issues, thats like saying on days that end in a Y we will have problems.

As it is I'm in for the long haul if no vin in next 4 weeks it's a 23 for me. Still confused supply chain issues maybe thats a buzz word for poor planning.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What I'm stressing about mostly is the lack of communication. I understand the issues even if some of them are artificial. Although I need a truck I can get around it.
You are so right!! I hesitated about ordering because it was the first year for the Maverick,but 900 miles later doing ok,but it would be nice if these guys would "man-up" and communicate. I get problems,mistakes,but they are worried about money,marketing,bad publicity,money,low sales,and maybe I mentioned this before...money.

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I agree with you. I waited 9 months for my truck. But, outside of getting a bit peeved when tracking its delivery from Hermosillo to my dealer (it spent a week on a railcar in Indiana), I understood the process variables and kept my cool.

I've owned over 30 new vehicles in my life and had to wait for delivery on at least 10 of them. It was clear as crystal from the reports on the number of Mav orders Ford was receiving (plus a chip shortage, supply-side transport issues, and labor shortages) that patience was gonna be needed.

That all said, I never lost my enthusiasm for the Maverick product. And since taking delivery 4 months ago, It's clear that my enthusiasm was not misplaced. I am even more ecstatic about the vehicle now than I was during the waiting period. It's a phenomenal truck. Ford did a great job.
Sponsored