First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Velocity Blue 2.0 EcoBoost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Traveling on a local 4-lane road. I was driving and my wife says “What is she doing? She is taking pictures of us.” Actually she was taking pictures of the Maverick. At the next stop light she pulls up next to us. She said that she called her boyfriend, who has one on order, that she is driving next to a Maverick. He then told her “TAKE A PICTURE OF IT!” Our 15 seconds of fame….
Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol. The wife, kid, and I were driving home from a sledding excursion yesterday, and we came to a 4 way stop. A 40ish year old bearded dude with girlfriend/wife in a CRV had the RoW. He crept through the intersection slowly, staring hard at us the whole time. My wife commented, "whoa staring a bit hard there guy." I responded, "he's looking at the truck." My wife said, "it's really that special?"

We also had a few gawkers on a 2 hour interstate drive a couple weekends ago, but no pics that I know of yet.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't noticed any interest in mine at all, only had it for coming up on 2 weeks now though.

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First/still the Bronco and now the Maverick for me, lol.

I tinted the front windows on the Bronco for the privacy. First vehicle that I have ever tinted the windows on. May have to do the Maverick too.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm just amazed at how rare someone mooning another car is these days. I totally would have:ROFLMAO:

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I was leaving a Home Depot parking lot I had my Maverick in reverse and was waiting for a father and son to pass behind me before I pulled out to go home.

Well I kept waiting as when they passed the rear bumper I didn't see them move far enough away as to actually pull out. They paused and were giving my Maverick a hard look and commenting among themselves. First time I had this happen.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I was leaving a Home Depot parking lot I had my Maverick in reverse and was waiting for a father and son to pass behind me before I pulled out to go home.

Well I kept waiting as when they passed the rear bumper I didn't see them move far enough away as to actually pull out. They paused and were giving my Maverick a hard look and commenting among themselves. First time I had this happen.
Probably saying, "I wonder if that's Gary's truck. He couldn't wait you know for it to come in and decided to get that SC thingy. Too bad, that's one fine truck he lost".

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

They were probably talking about (what I call) the spaceship sound the hybrid makes in reverse. I was in a parking garage the other day and was surprised how loud it was compared to being out in the open.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Had a few drive-by's also. Can't say for sure since I'm always by myself trying to watch out for others who may be gawking at me. I think one nearly read-ended someone else while they took pics.

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happened to me the other day. Then I realized I had forgotten left my fly unzipped. Very embarrassing. :D

spexmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got back from El Paso, TX and while we were at a restaurant a guy walked by and took a pic. First time anyone has taken a photo of any car I’ve ever owned! 😁

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've had someone give the thumbs up or taken a picture almost every day I've driven mine but IO am used to that stuff.... I also drive a SKyline and it's amazing how many people notice and go out of their way to let me know that they know what it is
Still neat that driving this economy truck gets similar reactions

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I pulled off the road into a business parking lot to fix a tarp that started flapping around in my pickup bed, and as soon as I exited the vehicle three construction workers who were working nearby come running up to me, excited to see a Mav and asking lots of questions about it.
Sponsored