Sponsored

Oil change schedule / interval? Synthetic oil?

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
No k&n filters w the nut welded on the end.
The cheap K&N are about like filtering through paper towels (or used to be) typically you get what you pay for,
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The cheap K&N are about like filtering through paper towels (or used to be) typically you get what you pay for,
They’re also prohibited on a lot of racetracks due to sudden pressure loss when they fail at the nut.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They’re also prohibited on a lot of racetracks due to sudden pressure loss when they fail at the nut.
Is that the nut on the filter, or the mechanic who installed them?
I imagine it is mui non beuno to potentially put a fod on the track anywhere at speed.

(saying I agree, not only is it a bad filter with additional points if failure, but could leave debris on the track)

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm Sorry :unsure:
Personally, I like Mobile 1 synthetic and the 0w20 was what Honda was servicing in my HCH2.

I suspect as long as I am under factory warranty I will use exactly what my dealership is using. And yes, where you live and how you drive affects the choice because it means changes to both engine max, sustained, and average temp.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Personally, I like Mobile 1 synthetic and the 0w20 was what Honda was servicing in my HCH2.

I suspect as long as I am under factory warranty I will use exactly what my dealership is using. And yes, where you live and how you drive affects the choice because it means changes to both engine max, sustained, and average temp.
For the price there are better oils. Mobil 1 never takes the cake in any oild challenge and has the hype of being 'race car approved' and that oil is like water. . I'm sorry. Pennzoil platinum is a better oil at a better price point. Or spend a little more and get Amsoil or Royal purple.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the price there are better oils. Mobil 1 never takes the cake in any oild challenge and has the hype of being 'race car approved' and that oil is like water. . I'm sorry. Pennzoil platinum is a better oil at a better price point. Or spend a little more and get Amsoil or Royal purple.
I agree there are better oils, my goal is to use factory oil until the warranty expires. Whatever it is, it could be spermwhale oil from money dick.

I do that to minimize any kvetching from warranty repairs and servicing.

mince the warranty is gone, there will be assloads of performance data showing wear vs performance vs price and Purple is where I will likely go.

but again, my goal is to match/exceed in warranty bounds everything during warranty.

hope that makes sense.

And BTW, I think this is one reason, barring one case of #3 in a 14 car collision all my vehicles go 300k plus miles

Last edited:

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan on dealer service using the Works package. If they want to much for the Full Synthetic upcharge, Valvoline Instant Oil Change has Synthetic specials also. If its not to hard to change I will probably change it myself.

Sponsored

73bluebronco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick, 1973 Bronco, 2017 Fiat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Amsoil and Royal Purple are both great lubricants, the best quality filter I have been able to locate for most vehicles comes from Purolator though. Last I checked, their Boss line was getting capturing 15 micron and up at a rate of 98.7%. Most of the OEM filters aren't coming close to that.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amsoil and Royal Purple are both great lubricants, the best quality filter I have been able to locate for most vehicles comes from Purolator though. Last I checked, their Boss line was getting capturing 15 micron and up at a rate of 98.7%. Most of the OEM filters aren't coming close to that.
Purolator is Ford's filter supplier.

73bluebronco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick, 1973 Bronco, 2017 Fiat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Purolator is Ford's filter supplier.
Good to hear it. I typically focus on industrial filtration so I'm a bit behind on who's making what for who anymore. Shoot, I just found out about Hy-Pro and Donaldson a couple weeks ago.

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Use whatever brand of oil you want. Synthetic or not, it does not matter provided it meets factory specification for the vehicle.

I have been using Amsoil full synthetic in my cars, motorcycles, and mowers since 1979. Just my preference. That is all, folks.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A 6 pack of Motorcraft 5W-30 oil for $25.30 and a Motorcraft FL-910S filter for $3.97 at Walmart today. I`ll need all this at some point when the time comes. I was there buying oil and filter to change in my other vehicle so I went on ahead bought for the Maverick.

Ford Maverick Oil change schedule / interval? Synthetic oil? IMG_1156
Sponsored