Sponsored

Oil Change Indicator Came on - Dealership refuses to change oil under service plan.

TopCoder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put 5800 miles on my maverick and I had the truck for a little over a year now. I'm assuming the "Change Oil Soon" light is programmed to come on in a year if the oil hasn't been changed sooner or certain mileage has been reached.

When I purchased the truck, I also purchased the Oil Service plan. I called them to schedule the appointment under the plan and they told me, you have to bring the car in at the set intervals of the plan, which is 7500 miles. They refuse to change it under the plan at 5800 miles.

To me this sounds ridiculous to me. @Ford Motor Company Is this for real?
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please attach the Terms and Conditions of the plan you purchased.

OP
OP
TopCoder

TopCoder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The terms say every 6 months or 7500 miles
Paste the Plan’s actual language or a pic of the language

What plan, the individual Dealership’s plan? Not much to go on...

OP
OP
TopCoder

TopCoder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Oil Change Indicator Came on - Dealership refuses to change oil under service plan. 1696436100910

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it a an actual Ford Premium Maintenance Plan or some third party?
Exactly, I don't see a Ford-branded Premium Maintenance (PLUS) Plan. The Ford plans appear to be bounded by mileage only, not time....

However the doc that the OP produced states 6 month or 7500 miles, I would escalate within the Dealership....

Driverdown13

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put 5800 miles on my maverick and I had the truck for a little over a year now. I'm assuming the "Change Oil Soon" light is programmed to come on in a year if the oil hasn't been changed sooner or certain mileage has been reached.

When I purchased the truck, I also purchased the Oil Service plan. I called them to schedule the appointment under the plan and they told me, you have to bring the car in at the set intervals of the plan, which is 7500 miles. They refuse to change it under the plan at 5800 miles.

That’s BS I took my maverick in at exactly the one year mark and had only 3009 miles on the odometer and I have a maintenance service plan and they changed the oil no questions asked they even washed the truck and vacuum it. Find a good dealership they are out there. I drive 20 miles one way to the dealership while there is a ford dealership 2.1 miles from my house which is a horrible dealership.

OP
OP
TopCoder

TopCoder

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's the ford dealership plan, not a third party.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Third party.

Ford offers Limited (basically just oil changes) and Premium Maintenance Plans. Below is what the PMP brochure looks like. Yours is "Standard" vs. "Plus".

Your problem is with the independently owned and operated dealership, not Ford. This seems like something in-house and they're trying to weasel out of paying up. Further, even the paperwork you show lists mileage or time intervals which in the industry means whichever comes first.

Ford Maverick Oil Change Indicator Came on - Dealership refuses to change oil under service plan. 1696438359296

Ford Maverick Oil Change Indicator Came on - Dealership refuses to change oil under service plan. 1696438460326

https://fordprotect.ford.com/media/brochure/ford/64172_1640b FP Premium Maintenance OCT 2024 Final 8_4_23.pdf

Sponsored

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For me personally 3000-5000 mile oil changes or every 6 months are cheap insurance. It's probably just cheaper to use the dealer coupons if provided. I get one about once a month for a full synthetic oil and filter change for $35. I used to do all my oil changes but age is now getting in my way and this way I don't have to dispose/recycle the oil.

AF Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

Choose your fight ....
Continue to fight to get them to change it
- or -
Change the oil yourself or get another dealer to change it and fight for reimbursement.

I say fight for reimbursement ... if you lose ..at least your oil got changed as needed.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For me personally 3000-5000 mile oil changes or every 6 months are cheap insurance. It's probably just cheaper to use the dealer coupons if provided. I get one about once a month for a full synthetic oil and filter change for $35. I used to do all my oil changes but age is now getting in my way and this way I don't have to dispose/recycle the oil.
3-5k intervals in a hybrid is throwing money down the drain. You will not see any additional longevity out of your engine.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think you got a new or inexperienced employee. Did you ESCALATE the matter to the location's MANAGER?
Sponsored