First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You should really not be on here congratulating people when you screwed so many of the rest of us. It's pretty tonedeaf.
I would like to respectfully disagree with your premise that Ford has "screwed so many of the rest of us".

I do understand your frustration with how long it takes to get a Maverick Hybrid. It took my August 2021 order 419 days to be delivered. I was mad as heck at times.

But eventually Ford came through spectacularly! The Maverick Hybrid is the best automotive bargain on sale today. Ford has taken the time to build a quality vehicle with great gas mileage at a tremendous bargain price. The average price of a new vehicle is now around $50K, and my Hybrid cost about half that much.

Ford had the misfortune of introducing the Maverick at the very moment that the "just in time" manufacturing model melted down. That was not their fault. Maybe they could have done better, I don't know for sure.

Now that I have my Maverick, my attitude has completely changed. I think Ford did me a huge favor by making the Maverick. I always wanted a small, inexpensive truck that got 38 MPG. It is really perfect for my needs. I am absolutely delighted with this vehicle.

Congratulations to Ford on the new Maverick.

PS - I am not affiliated with Ford, although I do have some few shares in my 401(k).
Sponsored

Jozell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverik<on order> Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would like to respectfully disagree with your premise that Ford has "screwed so many of the rest of us".

I do understand your frustration with how long it takes to get a Maverick Hybrid. It took my August 2021 order 419 days to be delivered. I was mad as heck at times.

But eventually Ford came through spectacularly! The Maverick Hybrid is the best automotive bargain on sale today. Ford has taken the time to build a quality vehicle with great gas mileage at a tremendous bargain price. The average price of a new vehicle is now around $50K, and my Hybrid cost about half that much.

Ford had the misfortune of introducing the Maverick at the very moment that the "just in time" manufacturing model melted down. That was not their fault. Maybe they could have done better, I don't know for sure.

Now that I have my Maverick, my attitude has completely changed. I think Ford did me a huge favor by making the Maverick. I always wanted a small, inexpensive truck that got 38 MPG. It is really perfect for my needs. I am absolutely delighted with this vehicle.

Congratulations to Ford on the new Maverick.

PS - I am not affiliated with Ford, although I do have some few shares in my 401(k).
I'm sure I'll be happy with mine when it comes. That being said, around 7k of us had VINS, I personally even had a build /day/ at one point. After they took it back to build weeks I kept seeing people with much more complicated builds (i.e. more expensive) that were placed after mine being delivered.

Next comes the news that we're going to be canceled. Great now it starts all over again, but they open order banks and have new customers place orders and people with rollovers without VINS place their orders. Those of us with VINS? Nope you guys wait. Order banks close, still waiting, two months after the banks close ok change your order over.

All of this happens while they keep saying you guys with canceled VINs /will/ have priority! Oh wait those guys that ordered during the order bank being opened...ya they are getting their trucks now while we're still waiting.

Well that's ok, it will be soon...Now the latest slap in the face, we're being scheduled woohoo! Then Ford comes out and says oh if you haven't been scheduled, ya you can modify your truck and add things we've been saying are constraints and we'll give you a DISCOUNT!

Meanwhile they pop into threads like this and cherry pick congratulating people on getting their truck while at the same time never posting a single time apologizing for this fiasco. At best it's tone deaf and at worst it's an out right troll.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Meanwhile they pop into threads like this and cherry pick congratulating people on getting their truck while at the same time never posting a single time apologizing for this fiasco. At best it's tone deaf and at worst it's an out right troll.
You have convinced me!

Ford is just bad. How dare they offer a discount.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just got off my weekly chat with Ford. Not only has my original build week (9 Jan 23) held steady, but they also gave me a build date of 10 Jan 23. Am I going to actually get my truck? I am remaining optimistic.

Strokes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜10 Taco, ā€˜17 Escape, ā€˜08 Sienna
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just switched from XL to XLT. Couldn't hurt. Same priority with dealer, same private offer. With the 14 months I've been waiting, I was able to save up the extra 2k anyway.

Sponsored

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just switched from XL to XLT. Couldn't hurt. Same priority with dealer, same private offer. With the 14 months I've been waiting, I was able to save up the extra 2k anyway.
Didnā€™t you just start over though? When you change trim lines you get a new date timer preview thatā€™s what I understood from Tim,
I did the same thing. No I think I screwed up. I went to the XL from that XLP, which is more constraints as I understand.

Bigkeezy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well my 10/14/2021 canceled VIN order was finally given a build date of Jan 3. Plus my Window Sticker materialized today. I'm still too afraid to be optimistic even at this point though :ROFLMAO:.

Strokes

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜10 Taco, ā€˜17 Escape, ā€˜08 Sienna
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Didnā€™t you just start over though? When you change trim lines you get a new date timer preview thatā€™s what I understood from Tim,
I did the same thing. No I think I screwed up. I went to the XL from that XLP, which is more constraints as I understand.
You could be right, I've never heard of a date timer preview before. I know that my order number is the same, priority is the same, and the dealer has the same allocations.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just got off my weekly chat with Ford. Not only has my original build week (9 Jan 23) held steady, but they also gave me a build date of 10 Jan 23. Am I going to actually get my truck? I am remaining optimistic.
Good luck! I was scheduled for 1/2 week and then told a build day of 1/4....then pushed to 1/19. I think once you have a Window Sticker you "should" be good?

Sponsored

2023maverickhopeful

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any Hybrid XL rollovers with a date earlier than the 23rd or all of the low profit trims for Ford that week?

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You could be right, I've never heard of a date timer preview before. I know that my order number is the same, priority is the same, and the dealer has the same allocations.
As I get it , those non allocations vs dealer order taken is gonna do us in,
Thatā€™s no matter what vehicle I ordered ,plus priority 19
And unbeknown to me at the time changed trim line,so I guess Iā€™m new order in Dec now please advice again ,those out there in the know.
Order ā€œreads date time previewā€ ,Chan anything but trim line- beware
Somebody else Ask Tim again confirm šŸ˜ŽšŸ™…ā€ā™‚ļø

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What about place in line with the same priority code at the dealership. That negative of course could be offset some by going to the lesser constrained XLT hybrid trim. It has been said that stacking constrained items reduces your odds so getting rid of the XL constraint is a positive.

Hope you get yours and don't recall if you said the day your order was put in to Ford.

Hijeemoto

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nunya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure I'll be happy with mine when it comes. That being said, around 7k of us had VINS, I personally even had a build /day/ at one point. After they took it back to build weeks I kept seeing people with much more complicated builds (i.e. more expensive) that were placed after mine being delivered.

Next comes the news that we're going to be canceled. Great now it starts all over again, but they open order banks and have new customers place orders and people with rollovers without VINS place their orders. Those of us with VINS? Nope you guys wait. Order banks close, still waiting, two months after the banks close ok change your order over.

All of this happens while they keep saying you guys with canceled VINs /will/ have priority! Oh wait those guys that ordered during the order bank being opened...ya they are getting their trucks now while we're still waiting.

Well that's ok, it will be soon...Now the latest slap in the face, we're being scheduled woohoo! Then Ford comes out and says oh if you haven't been scheduled, ya you can modify your truck and add things we've been saying are constraints and we'll give you a DISCOUNT!

No one should even reply to this that doesnā€™t agree. Itā€™s fact. Those of us with my22 orders who had VINā€™s and production weeks given only to have them snatched away and then new orders or orders that were not given the VIN got to re-order and some will be built and delivered before those of us who were ā€˜unluckyā€™ enough to have been given the ā€˜if you have a VIN you will be builtā€™ line. I am attempting to add back in the SIBL to my hybrid order from 10/11/2021 (which now has an order date of 11/14/2022 which is crap!). Dealer says probably canā€™t add anything but he would ask Ford. Nothing back from dealer. To top it off they didnā€™t add my email back into the transitioned order?! Just nonsense after nonsense.
please do not reply if you donā€™t agree. Thatā€™s just mucks this mess up even more with rudeness.
on another note I hope all of us waiting have a great holiday (if you celebrate) and enjoy the really important things in this life with people you love.

MRickDetroit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Called my dealer, verified with a chat no build date yet on my 10/2021 cancelled order in priority 2. šŸ‘ŽšŸ¤¬
Sponsored