Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No built in nav and don’t wanna use your phone? There’s always a Thomas Guide…
Sponsored

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We took possession of a Maverick XLT this past Friday; my wife and I were looking forward to road trips in it. No Sirius XM, no CD player and I cannot find any navigation. Like a lot of people of my generation I do not like being tied to my cell phone, I leave mine at home at every opportunity. Somewhat disappointing!
The Maverick was designed and targeted at people 35 and under with low cost and great fuel economy. This demographic whole lives are in their cell phones from social interaction, to banking, to music. To them the Maverick is economical and eco friendly and easily obtainable on a budget. I’m 55 and know your frustration, my wife wanted SiriusXM and adaptive cruise control so my XLT went to a Lariat with the Lariat Luxury Package. I don’t know the last time you purchased a new vehicle but CD player have went the way of the Dodo 🦤 as for SiriusXM is only comes with the Lariat Lux package but I believe for $5.99 a month you can stream SiriusXM through their mobile app it much cheaper than upgrading.

2freyke

First Name
Kefdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Shelby GT350, 21 Explorer ST, 18 BMW K1600B
SirusXM, sucks - seriously... The earth's worst customer service as well... Apple Car play + iHeart, works like a champ.

Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Oh boy. I realize change can be more difficult later in life but failure to research what features are available on the truck is on you. i'm a boomer and while I get why some might still want a CD player I never use them any more. I like using Waze and Google Maps with Android auto.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Apple Music. I have every album I want/need.

Ford Maverick Not "Boomer" friendly... no Sirius XM, no CD player elmo shrug

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We took possession of a Maverick XLT this past Friday; my wife and I were looking forward to road trips in it. No Sirius XM, no CD player and I cannot find any navigation. Like a lot of people of my generation I do not like being tied to my cell phone, I leave mine at home at every opportunity. Somewhat disappointing!
I can kind of understand, but only being disappointed after I read descriptions before I ordered. I’m 68 so there was once a learning curve. At first I was scratching my head about no “HomeLink”, then remembered that most new, and w a hub, older garage door opener’s can link to “HomeKit” and through Apple CarPlay I won’t need HomeLink. I’m also going to cancel one of my Sirius subscriptions (on the vehicle being replace) and use the SiriusXM App.
I figure if my old man could go from a calculator that had paper and a crank to working a computer I at least can grow to….

Ih8thew82

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT LUX Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But isn’t it exactly like you ordered it? I mean honestly how can you complain about a vehicle, you specifically asked for… it’s not like it came without air in the tires. You get what you paid for. As for your generation, I’m 71 and I carry this little phone everywhere.
Agreed. I'm 72 and my phone is rarely out of reach. And I'm guessing the link for android carplay would provide more up to the minute nav and traffic conditions than on board gps. But that's just me.

Sponsored

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am so glad it doesn't have a CD player. The CD player in my 2012 Focus which has never been used cycles on and interrupts my Bluetooth paired phone audio whenever I hit a bump. Just one more motorized electronic thing to break. CDs have been obsolete for a decade now.
In your world - Not mine

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my set up for my Excursion.. Its the Dragon K10.. I use the HereWeGo app for GPS. Its the best offline app that you can download free maps for that doesn't expire at the worst time... Looking at you Google. All my music is on it and if I want to stream music just just hotspot off of my phone, bluetooth to my radio. Its a big screen so seeing it won't be a problem.. Plus it was $50 refurbished.

This will likely be added to the Maverick if it works like my other experience with android auto where you have to phone connected to use navigation. This is a no go for me. But if you can use nav wirelessly then I can live with it... I only used android auto once and once I found out it had to be connected to phone never used it again.. But this was a new 2018 car so hopefully they have a wireless solution now.
Pic.jpg
Just downloaded HereWeGo app, thanks for the tip! I’m a Boomer too.

Last edited:

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Shadow Blk Mustang GT Prem A10
The Maverick was designed and targeted at people 35 and under with low cost and great fuel economy. This demographic whole lives are in their cell phones from social interaction, to banking, to music. To them the Maverick is economical and eco friendly and easily obtainable on a budget. I’m 55 and know your frustration, my wife wanted SiriusXM and adaptive cruise control so my XLT went to a Lariat with the Lariat Luxury Package. I don’t know the last time you purchased a new vehicle but CD player have went the way of the Dodo 🦤 as for SiriusXM is only comes with the Lariat Lux package but I believe for $5.99 a month you can stream SiriusXM through their mobile app it much cheaper than upgrading.
Really ? My take is that it was designed for those of us that want the utility of a pick up when needed with the ease of entry a car affords. I am one of them. So is grandma grumpy. It will be perfect for her to go to the garden place for potting soil and mulch. As fuel costs rise, I like the hybrid. My Mustang is a hoot to drive. Not sure though how much longer I will be able to do so. I'm in my mid 70's. I like the width of the drivers door and the seat height. The base unit would make a great college car.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.