Status
Not open for further replies.

RBFGina

First Name
Gina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Stepside ('94), Maverick Lariat Hybrid ('22)
We took possession of a Maverick XLT this past Friday; my wife and I were looking forward to road trips in it. No Sirius XM, no CD player and I cannot find any navigation. Like a lot of people of my generation I do not like being tied to my cell phone, I leave mine at home at every opportunity. Somewhat disappointing!
Don't lump all boomers in on your unhappiness. I am *delighted* to get an ungraded system after driving a 15-year-old Honda CR-V with a CD player I never used.

Embrace change!

Orionlight

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
I stopped buying CD's ages ago. I have a few choice records. Anyway. Download your music and put it on a thumb drive. You plug it into the car and you'll have access to all that music. I have a 20gig drive in my truck now.

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good thing most of these comments are not on a company email server or many would lose their jobs. How are these comments any different than making comments about race, sex etc. One dumbass talking about why would you get SiriusXM to listen to Howard Stern? I’ve had SiriusXM since 2004 and never listened to Howard Stern, I have listened to out of market major leaque baseball, NFL games, Phlash Phelps on 60’s and many news, weather and on and on.

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really ? My take is that it was designed for those of us that want the utility of a pick up when needed with the ease of entry a car affords. I am one of them. So is grandma grumpy. It will be perfect for her to go to the garden place for potting soil and mulch. As fuel costs rise, I like the hybrid. My Mustang is a hoot to drive. Not sure though how much longer I will be able to do so. I'm in my mid 70's. I like the width of the drivers door and the seat height. The base unit would make a great college car.
Your right on, I was mostly addressing a certain demographic when it came to Fords take on the infotainment center.

Sponsored

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
that was only 1 of the targeted demographics. Ford is casting a wider net than that, including people like me who still want a compact truck like the old Rangers, people who want a cheap entry level vehicle that can still carry 5 people comfortably, people who don't want a compact UTE but do want the versatility, Fleets and service vehicles, etc.
Your right on, I was mostly addressing a certain demographic when it came to Fords take on the infotainment center.

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
SirusXM, sucks - seriously... The earth's worst customer service as well... Apple Car play + iHeart, works like a champ.
Yeah I know but I’ve been married for 30 years and SiriusXM is small price to pay for peace of mind and peace and quiet.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford must be surprised at the attention the MAV is getting from the geriatric crowd. We might be old, but we ain’t stupid. We know a good deal when we see one. Right time. Right vehicle. Right price!
That’s the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so me God!

bcording

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariat Hybrid
You can always add an aftermarket CD drive to the existing system. Its kinda ugly. If you do go this route you may need to contact the seller to see which of the two models will work with the Mav.

Ford Maverick Not "Boomer" friendly... no Sirius XM, no CD player 1634683657949

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I loved flip phone, rings open phone talk. Done.

Had friends who bragged about multi-tasking...lol....not one straight panel on any of their vehicles.
I miss the Nextel Brick phones............

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Shadow Blk Mustang GT Prem A10
I am surprised there is no HD radio in the Lariat with the lux pkg. It will be missed.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am surprised there is no HD radio in the Lariat with the lux pkg. It will be missed.
DIGITAL RADIO WHAT IS DIGITAL RADIO HD Radio™ technology is the digital evolution of analog AM/FM radio. For additional information, visit www.HDRadio.com. HD Radio Technology is manufactured under license from iBiquity Digital Corporation and foreign patents. HD Radio and the HD and HD Radio logos are proprietary trademarks of DTS. The vehicle manufacturer and DTS are not responsible for the content sent using HD Radio technology. Content may be changed, added or deleted at any time at the station owner's discretion. HOW DOES DIGITAL RADIO W

it is there

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIGITAL RADIO WHAT IS DIGITAL RADIO HD Radio™ technology is the digital evolution of analog AM/FM radio. For additional information, visit www.HDRadio.com. HD Radio Technology is manufactured under license from iBiquity Digital Corporation and foreign patents. HD Radio and the HD and HD Radio logos are proprietary trademarks of DTS. The vehicle manufacturer and DTS are not responsible for the content sent using HD Radio technology. Content may be changed, added or deleted at any time at the station owner's discretion. HOW DOES DIGITAL RADIO W

it is there
You are saying the radio has HD reception ?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.