Not open for further replies.

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Shadow Blk Mustang GT Prem A10
Why do you need a navigation system? What's wrong with your map?
And, they are free at state welcome centers. (except CA ............ Cheap bastids)
Sponsored

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bingo. I'm 67. I'm so old that I downloaded and printed out the owner's manual. I, for sure, know how my Maverick will work.
Darn kids ................. ;) 🤣

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can still get Sirius XM in the truck. You just download the app it connects with apple play or android phones.
As for CD’s you can buy accessories and cables that will connect to the truck and be able to play your CD’s.
What if he's using a Motorola Razor flip phone ?

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I started using Android Auto on my phone in rental cars about three years ago in business trips. Trust me, it's great! Much better and easier than built-in navigation. I ordered a Lariat to get the Sirius radio, again because it's so easy. If it weren't for Sirius and a handful of other goodies in the Lariat, I would have gone with the XLT. I like it's interior better.

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have some other options. 1. get a flash drive. Use Windows media player to rip all your cds to mp3 files. Then load them on the flash drive. Plug the flash drive into your new maverick and play all your current music without changing a cd. It is what I did when I bought a chevy spark with no cd player. But like the Maverick it has USB and USB-c ports. Bingo. I recommend at least a 32gb flash drive. That is likely to hold all your music and more. MP3 files are usually 3-5mb in size. If you really wanted to you could probably pick up a usb cd/dvd drive and plug it in to play your cd's, but a flash drive is better because it can't be jostled by bumps in the road.

Sponsored

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone else noticed that the OP has not posted to the thread since the initial post ? I believe we're being trolled.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone else noticed that the OP has not posted to the thread since the initial post ? I believe we're being trolled.
I don't think so. I believe he is overwhelmed by 70 responses (so far) and by several posts indicating that he should have done his homework before shelling out the cash.

mikelowrey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
not
Lol well the new Motorola Razr Flip is android and has a touch screen. The old/original Razr was 2G and those no longer work on any network. 2G was turned off many years ago.

Erwin_R

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Explorer
Engine
Undecided
More than that, how does one order a vehicle and not know what comes with each trim level ?
Easy, don’t obsesse over it like we do.

I was chastised by a former boss for spending too much time studying my Explorer purchase. He might have been right, there may be better things to do.

Jon

Sponsored

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not

Lol well the new Motorola Razr Flip is android and has a touch screen. The old/original Razr was 2G and those no longer work on any network. 2G was turned off many years ago.
Which, may be the problem .............. 🤣 Those where what ? CDMA IIRC

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will say as a "millennial" I'm a bit disappointed not having a CD player. Although the technology in this vehicle is the right amount for me. It doesn't have any gimmicky tech that drives up the cost, and the ability to connect my phone for maps and music is just right. I use Google for navigation even if a vehicle had Nav in the first place. Much more convenient and always up to date.
I have to say that sometimes I do miss having a CD player in a car. My 04 Ranger has one and it's great playing just way I want hear, however the side is the bulk and some of my CDs have scratches. I guess in my Maverick I'll just stream through my phone

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the OP really wants a CD player, he only need look at Amazon, Walmart or, Crutchfield to name a few. Or, any good car stereo shop will install one for him.

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
I am so glad it doesn't have a CD player. The CD player in my 2012 Focus which has never been used cycles on and interrupts my Bluetooth paired phone audio whenever I hit a bump. Just one more motorized electronic thing to break. CDs have been obsolete for a decade now.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.