Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There is definitely not a satellite antenna in the shark fin on any trim level as a base option. The only aerial that has it is the one included in the Lux. package for the Lariats. They also using different wiring harnesses.

To verify that just go look for parts based on VIN numbers for a Lariat with the Lux. package.
Thanks for putting a nail into this lid. :cool:
Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The simpliest way to get SiriusXM into a Maverick is to use any dock based receiver and connect it via bluetooth. You just need the right dock with bluetooth if you don't already have one for an existing receiver. If you don't want to run the antenna wire yourself into the vehicle pay any car radio installer or a place like Best Buy to do it.

Me personally I use a Tour360 receiver that has bluetooth and wifi built into the receiver in the car. I can also listen to the SiriusXM internet stations using the phone in the car through the wifi while connected to the radio if I want and kick back to satellite when no service is available.
Actually the easiest way is to use a phone and stream it to the truck through bluetooth. That is how I have been doing it and it works fine. It just sucks when you loose a cell tower. I have the specs on the frequency of SiriusXM I am just looking at how they encrypt it.

Sardone

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is an interesting topic. If you have Sirius app on a mobile phone can you play Sirius on the Trucks system?

Jon
I don't see why not. with car play thru USB.

TopGun22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TopGun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SONATA GL Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
9 years of Serius must have cost you a lot! It is a dying technology like OnStar. Use your phone for Spotify. Plug a flash drive into the USB if you are out of cell service. No kits, no add ons, no install.
Dying tech ? I wonder why it's on the lariat and most other vehicles ?

Maybe because it's full of original live content, uncensored and commercial free.

Oh did I mention it has every sporting event: MLB, NHL, NFL, Racing and much more.... spotify or usb are good if you just want a play list.

The real problem is ford's Trims.... it's either all or nothing and why in 30 years driving and 8 vehicles I have never owned a Ford.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Siris radio ad free? On what planet? I get as many commercials on Sirius as I got on FM radio. That's part of the reason I didn't renew after the 90-day trial ended. (Well, that and the fact that they offered me a "$99 for 3-years" deal to renew Sirius on the vehicle I just sold, but absolutely refused to honor that same deal for the Maverick. I don't think the poor lady who called had a clue what I meant when I told her they could "kiss my grits!"

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Siris radio ad free? On what planet? I get as many commercials on Sirius as I got on FM radio. That's part of the reason I didn't renew after the 90-day trial ended. (Well, that and the fact that they offered me a "$99 for 3-years" deal to renew Sirius on the vehicle I just sold, but absolutely refused to honor that same deal for the Maverick. I don't think the poor lady who called had a clue what I meant when I told her they could "kiss my grits!"
All the music channels are commercial free. I've had SiriusXM for years now, I've never paid full price for it and with the ability to use the app which opens up a couple of hundred other commercial free music options. Spotify and Apple Music can "KISS MY GRITS"

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

All the music channels are commercial free. I've had SiriusXM for years now, I've never paid full price for it and with the ability to use the app which opens up a couple of hundred other commercial free music options. Spotify and Apple Music can "KISS MY GRITS"
Well, I consider advertising for other Sirius channels, special events, and additional packages to be "commercials." So from my viewpoint, their claim to be "commercial free" on the music stations is false...

They did offer $5/month for a year, after which it would automatically renew for $19 unless you manually go in and cancel. They fully expect you to "forget" to cancel and be stuck paying the higher rate.

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I consider advertising for other Sirius channels, special events, and additional packages to be "commercials." So from my viewpoint, their claim to be "commercial free" on the music stations is false...

They did offer $5/month for a year, after which it would automatically renew for $19 unless you manually go in and cancel. They fully expect you to "forget" to cancel and be stuck paying the higher rate.
Mentioning events on other channels isn't anything like 5 minutes of "REAL" commercial on FM. Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on that.

You put it on a calendar on your phone and it reminds you about a week before it bills. You call or chat generally takes about 5 minutes. However, I get it some folks prefer other means of listening to music.
Sponsored