Not open for further replies.

jzielbauer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
We took possession of a Maverick XLT this past Friday; my wife and I were looking forward to road trips in it. No Sirius XM, no CD player and I cannot find any navigation. Like a lot of people of my generation I do not like being tied to my cell phone, I leave mine at home at every opportunity. Somewhat disappointing!
Sponsored

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We took possession of a Maverick XLT this past Friday; my wife and I were looking forward to road trips in it. No Sirius XM, no CD player and I cannot find any navigation. Like a lot of people of my generation I do not like being tied to my cell phone, I leave mine at home at every opportunity. Somewhat disappointing!
Are you saying you had no idea how it was equipped before that trip?

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

But isn’t it exactly like you ordered it? I mean honestly how can you complain about a vehicle, you specifically asked for… it’s not like it came without air in the tires. You get what you paid for. As for your generation, I’m 71 and I carry this little phone everywhere.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
should have done more research

Sponsored

Goldrush72

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Mach1 18 Ecosport 08 Sebring
Lux? No CD or DVD in any Mavericks.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sirius Xm is a Lariat option. The CD is a dead relic of the past. You can get Sirius on your phone and link to the car via one of the linking options. Car based navigation has never been as good, convenient or as cheap as the free phone GPS based options.

My wife’s Murano has it and it’s out of date as soon as you spend the 150 buckets to update it.

Dont take me wrong, I’m not dissing on you, I’m in my sixties and not as up on the tech as others but it is what is and there you go.

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Also since Howard stern sold out your not missing anything on Sirius
I disagree…. I absolutely love XM channel 148 classic radio with gun smoke, Johnny dollar, Have gun will travel, Jack Benny and many more. They were great then and they are terrific now. Try it, as for Stern, never bothered…. I had Don Imus and he was funny without being crude.

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd rather be tied to my phone than a Sirius XM subscription, a pile of scratched CDs, and a Garmin GPS that needs regular updates.

But I fully admit that it took me awhile to reach the point where I was happy to give up the old way of doing things. Once I figured everything out, I now love having music, radio, and GPS on my phone. With Sync2, it's really pretty straightforward once you get through the learning curve. All of that said, I am GenX.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I disagree…. I absolutely love XM channel 148 classic radio with gun smoke, Johnny dollar, Have gun will travel, Jack Benny and many more. They were great then and they are terrific now. Try it, as for Stern, never bothered…. I had Don Imus and he was funny without being crude.
Don Imus had cancer kids working on a ranch for free. Plus what he said about the Rutgers girls basketball team.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a boomer (67) and did normal boomer research on the Maverick, and was aware that it had no Sirius, no CD player, and no built in Navigation. Frankly I'm surprised you ordered (or bought it off the lot) without doing some research or at least asking some questions.

Last edited:

ZipperKid

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S10
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will say as a "millennial" I'm a bit disappointed not having a CD player. Although the technology in this vehicle is the right amount for me. It doesn't have any gimmicky tech that drives up the cost, and the ability to connect my phone for maps and music is just right. I use Google for navigation even if a vehicle had Nav in the first place. Much more convenient and always up to date.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.