First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a mobile SiriusXM base and antenna and take the receiver from my car to my work truck. Will be doing the same when my Mav arrives. Saves on multiple subscriptions.
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Figure I'll get ripped for this. But I have a 2010 Ford F150. Have never turned on SYNC. To see a waste of time. Phone rings in cup holder if important answer if not bye bye

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m 25 and did the same thing. Personally I don’t think it’s a age thing.
The Maverick owner's manual is in PDF format. You can put it on your phone, bring it up in a PDF viewer on your phone to view and also do searches for what you are looking for. Also allows magnification for us Boomers for easier reading.

Much easier that leafing through hundred of pages and trying to find the flashlight and magnifier to read in the dark.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You rather carry CD’s than load up your phone for those areas without reception? I’m 62 and haven’t purchased as CD in over a decade.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do people still actually listen to a radio while driving? Asking for a friend.
I noticed your handle and have a question for you: Do you know what the best beer to drink is?

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

Wait for it.

Answer is: Someone else’s.

Ba Boom!!

Sponsored

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my set up for my Excursion.. Its the Dragon K10.. I use the HereWeGo app for GPS. Its the best offline app that you can download free maps for that doesn't expire at the worst time... Looking at you Google. All my music is on it and if I want to stream music just just hotspot off of my phone, bluetooth to my radio. Its a big screen so seeing it won't be a problem.. Plus it was $50 refurbished.

This will likely be added to the Maverick if it works like my other experience with android auto where you have to phone connected to use navigation. This is a no go for me. But if you can use nav wirelessly then I can live with it... I only used android auto once and once I found out it had to be connected to phone never used it again.. But this was a new 2018 car so hopefully they have a wireless solution now.
Pic.jpg
Note: Google Maps has a download navigation option. It started showing up a year or so ago, I think. That said, streaming Google Maps is something we're going to have to figure out, simply because Maps also streams on my smartwatch. It'll be interesting to see whether they interfere, and how much it drains the charge on the watch.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
We took possession of a Maverick XLT this past Friday; my wife and I were looking forward to road trips in it. No Sirius XM, no CD player and I cannot find any navigation. Like a lot of people of my generation I do not like being tied to my cell phone, I leave mine at home at every opportunity. Somewhat disappointing!
From what it sounds like, you might be able to dust off that old Walkman and use earphones. You know, back in high school when I drove an 82 mustang lx (the most uncool mustang out of all the mustangs) with no reverse gear and a broken stereo (and the horn was on the turn signal stick), I just tossed a boom box in the back seat and changed cassettes at red lights.

… Or wait, maybe just buy a CD player from Best Buy or something. I’m sure they still sell them. Just not sure you’ll find one with a kit that fits a Mav. Bro, I don’t know what to tell you. Maybe just embrace the smart phone. 😂🤣😂

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
should have done more research
I see your Maverick is in transit. Can you please let us know how long it takes from shipping to delivery? Thanks!

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We took possession of a Maverick XLT this past Friday; my wife and I were looking forward to road trips in it. No Sirius XM, no CD player and I cannot find any navigation. Like a lot of people of my generation I do not like being tied to my cell phone, I leave mine at home at every opportunity. Somewhat disappointing!
Wait; you already have your Maverick? Wow.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CD's? I'm a "boomer" of 59 and I sold all of my CD's 15 years ago. No need for them when I have almost 2,000 songs on a thumb drive plugged into the USB port in my car.

Sponsored

Erwin_R

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Explorer
Engine
Undecided
CD's? I'm a "boomer" of 59 and I sold all of my CD's 15 years ago. No need for them when I have almost 2,000 songs on a thumb drive plugged into the USB port in my car.
I am a boomer and I have not bought a cd in 15 years. However I listen to my collection all the time. I even listen to records from time to time.

Jon

Cactus_Kid

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Shadow Blk Mustang GT Prem A10
Are you saying you had no idea how it was equipped before that trip?
More than that, how does one order a vehicle and not know what comes with each trim level ?

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess I'm in the rare club that I love my cds......and Sirius......but pandora is my go to because I can use waze with it. FWIW I have determined to make my wife learn how to use a map and will only take paper directions to our cabin in Gatlinburg for Thanksgiving. Nevermind I could drive there blindfolded now. She needs to learn.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my set up for my Excursion.. Its the Dragon K10.. I use the HereWeGo app for GPS. Its the best offline app that you can download free maps for that doesn't expire at the worst time... Looking at you Google. All my music is on it and if I want to stream music just just hotspot off of my phone, bluetooth to my radio. Its a big screen so seeing it won't be a problem.. Plus it was $50 refurbished.

This will likely be added to the Maverick if it works like my other experience with android auto where you have to phone connected to use navigation. This is a no go for me. But if you can use nav wirelessly then I can live with it... I only used android auto once and once I found out it had to be connected to phone never used it again.. But this was a new 2018 car so hopefully they have a wireless solution now.
Pic.jpg
Is that excursion 60 74 or 62?

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bingo. I'm 67. I'm so old that I downloaded and printed out the owner's manual. I, for sure, know how my Maverick will work.
Does it not come with a physical copy?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.