Not open for further replies.

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
We took possession of a Maverick XLT this past Friday; my wife and I were looking forward to road trips in it. No Sirius XM, no CD player and I cannot find any navigation. Like a lot of people of my generation I do not like being tied to my cell phone, I leave mine at home at every opportunity. Somewhat disappointing!
Its obvious why you didn’t order a hybrid
Sponsored

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm a boomer (67) and did normal boomer research on the Maverick, and was aware that it had no Sirius, no CD player, and no built in Navigation. Frankly I'm surprised you ordered (or bought it off the lot) without doing some research or at least asking some questions.
Bingo. I'm 67. I'm so old that I downloaded and printed out the owner's manual. I, for sure, know how my Maverick will work.

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bingo. I'm 67. I'm so old that I downloaded and printed out the owner's manual. I, for sure, know how my Maverick will work.
You will be laughing hysterically and saying "I told you so" when the EMP hits and the Internet and electronic communication is toast! :)

Except for the many chips in your truck that will no longer function. :(

Signed,
tail end of boomers who teaches Computer Science.

mikelowrey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We took possession of a Maverick XLT this past Friday; my wife and I were looking forward to road trips in it. No Sirius XM, no CD player and I cannot find any navigation. Like a lot of people of my generation I do not like being tied to my cell phone, I leave mine at home at every opportunity. Somewhat disappointing!
You can still get Sirius XM in the truck. You just download the app it connects with apple play or android phones.
As for CD’s you can buy accessories and cables that will connect to the truck and be able to play your CD’s.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will be laughing hysterically and saying "I told you so" when the EMP hits and the Internet and electronic communication is toast! :)

Except for the many chips in your truck that will no longer function. :(

Signed,
tail end of boomers who teaches Computer Science.
I'll be joined by the rest of the technological world though. I've never pretended that my skills and talents will survive the apocalypse - unless good grammar and a talent for punctuation become useful.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m technically a millennial (35) and have to say I’m partial to my CD player in my mustang. I love the nostalgiac experience that car gives me so it feels right and I have a used touchscreen radio for it and have yet to install it. 10 cds in the visor that I rotate every couple of weeks and it takes 2 seconds to load a cd in. If that had a cd/cassette combo it would be even better. That car doesn’t let you enjoy a touchscreen, between having to always be alert, managing the power/speed and the constant shifting (manual), I realized leaving the OEM head unit in it is best because I don’t even touch my phone in that car ever, not even through Bluetooth as it’s easy to get away from you if your not alert.

If the newer SUV I also have had this tech, I’d be pissed and I’m glad it has the latest tech at the moment. This vehicle carries my family in it so I’m happy it has onboard navigation and a good sound system with apple car play, usb etc.

Being the Maverick is a quiet, smooth riding small truck, you’ll have the time to connect devices, use apps and use the touchscreen for music. I love the CD players and cd/cassette combos for nostalgia and fun vehicles like my mustang or a wrangler I had but found I did prefer the touchscreens in daily drivers over time, just adds a nice touch and is really less clutter overall.

Erwin_R

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ford Explorer
Engine
Undecided
You can get an aftermarket permanent vehicle XVM system thats not associated with your phone.

Jon

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you see a big touchscreen like that, you'd think XM Sirius is there. I was surprised when I found out Lariat only

pgstick02

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Mazda MX5, 1973 Super Beetle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you didn't familiarize yourself with what you bought that is 100% on you. That being said linking your phone to a vehicle has been around reliably well over the last decade and then some.

If your too stubborn to move on from plastic discs that get scratched and Navigation that tells you outdated info after a year or an overpriced subscription service that cuts out driving in the woods. Trade in and get something that works for you or learn the tech that is available. Im sure the people at the dealer will happily show you how it works or the neighbors 12 year old.

Sponsored

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All of you get what you want or don't want. I really don't care what you are getting. I don't have a "smart" phone to keep my personal info just that, personal. I plan of getting a Garmin map to add to what I have ordered and I am all set. The Garmin can be updated via wifi. My wife can't read maps and her eyes are too weak to do so, if she could, so the Garmin is it for me. If you don't like them, great for you; don't get one. BTW, I do have a phone, it's just without all those apps that want to know your personal info.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can still get Sirius XM in the truck. You just download the app it connects with apple play or android phones.
As for CD’s you can buy accessories and cables that will connect to the truck and be able to play your CD’s.
That's what I was thinking. I had to purchase an external DVD player to burn my CDs to my computer then I transferred them to a flash drive. I probably, though I haven't tried it, could just attach the player to my current escape, to just play my CDs directly.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you see a big touchscreen like that, you'd think XM Sirius is there. I was surprised when I found out Lariat only
:mad: like the OP, didn't see that, not to late to change my order to XLT. and I might!
GRRRR now I'll have to deal with the CONSTANT crap from serious (n)

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m technically a millennial (35) and have to say I’m partial to my CD player in my mustang. I love the nostalgiac experience that car gives me so it feels right and I have a used touchscreen radio for it and have yet to install it. 10 cds in the visor that I rotate every couple of weeks and it takes 2 seconds to load a cd in. If that had a cd/cassette combo it would be even better. That car doesn’t let you enjoy a touchscreen, between having to always be alert, managing the power/speed and the constant shifting (manual), I realized leaving the OEM head unit in it is best because I don’t even touch my phone in that car ever, not even through Bluetooth as it’s easy to get away from you if your not alert.

If the newer SUV I also have had this tech, I’d be pissed and I’m glad it has the latest tech at the moment. This vehicle carries my family in it so I’m happy it has onboard navigation and a good sound system with apple car play, usb etc.

Being the Maverick is a quiet, smooth riding small truck, you’ll have the time to connect devices, use apps and use the touchscreen for music. I love the CD players and cd/cassette combos for nostalgia and fun vehicles like my mustang or a wrangler I had but found I did prefer the touchscreens in daily drivers over time, just adds a nice touch and is really less clutter overall.
Great post. But I had to chuckle when you said " have to say I’m partial to my CD player in my mustang. I love the nostalgiac experience that car gives me". Back in the dayI had an 8 track in my 65 Mustang. Now that would be nostalgic. ;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.