First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick is on constraint hold due to the shortage of 8 track players….
Sponsored

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Don Imus had cancer kids working on a ranch for free. Plus what he said about the Rutgers girls basketball team.
Yes and Howard Stern is Saint and Joe Biden is being knighted. Your point ? History is the past, we should know our history and remember it. Don Imus was wrong much more than those 2 instances. I didn’t say anyone should forgive or forget.

Top_Gun

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado Diesel
Engine
Undecided
"You better start swimming, or you'll sink like a stone, for the times, they are a changin'"

But on a serious note, traveling anywhere without your phone is sketchy, what if you got in an accident and needed help? Use your phone for utility and navigation, leave off the useless apps like Facebook, and enjoy it. Really easy to plug in and use it through the screen.

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We took possession of a Maverick XLT this past Friday; my wife and I were looking forward to road trips in it. No Sirius XM, no CD player and I cannot find any navigation. Like a lot of people of my generation I do not like being tied to my cell phone, I leave mine at home at every opportunity. Somewhat disappointing!
Why do you need a navigation system? What's wrong with your map?

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We took possession of a Maverick XLT this past Friday; my wife and I were looking forward to road trips in it. No Sirius XM, no CD player and I cannot find any navigation. Like a lot of people of my generation I do not like being tied to my cell phone, I leave mine at home at every opportunity. Somewhat disappointing!
Is this a joke !!!

I'm a Boomer (65) and I love that the Maverick doesn't have a CD player or comes with obsolete outdated and expensive Navigation.

What are you going to complain about next that you had to pay for the cab outlet to plug in your VHS player but there is nowhere to hook it up to the 8" center console display. :LOL:

Last edited:

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think why most can't relate is their place of existence is small. Meaning they don't know that there are lots of places in the US without cell phone cover.. I mean miles/hours without any music. Without the CD or Satellite some have came accustomed to this will be a boring ride. At least you would be able to find all those squeaks and rattles..
You don't need cell coverage to listen to music or podcasts from your phone. You can download content from Spotify onto your device, I assume every music app is the same.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will say as a "millennial" I'm a bit disappointed not having a CD player.
I am a Boomer and have ripped all my CD's to High-Quality VBR MP3's years ago. Having all the albums I want on my phone's extended storage card with the ability and ease to play them via BlueTooth or wired via Android Auto is great.

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can also use a USB thumb drive aka flash drive to store and play as much music as you want, much more than a tower of CD's. The Maverick has built-in USB ports, just plug in the thumb drive and go.

fourwheelsandadream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I understand your disappointment. Whether you knew about the lack of options before sale or after it is still disappointing.

I think why most can't relate is their place of existence is small. Meaning they don't know that there are lots of places in the US without cell phone cover.. I mean miles/hours without any music. Without the CD or Satellite some have came accustomed to this will be a boring ride. At least you would be able to find all those squeaks and rattles..

This brings us into to the next step of music evolution. Digital tracks. You can have a digital library built for you by a family member.

Or another option would be us a service like Amazon music. You can download songs you like then play them offline. This requires a subscription though..

But this all doesn't address the main issue, not being attached to your phone. A solution to this is get a cheap tablet and keep that in the car. I use a Dragon K10 for this, it has my music and offline gps. I can leave the phone at home and not worry about music or GPS.

Good luck on the transformation.
Downloading music to a phone/ipod is possible…

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am a Boomer and have ripped all my CD's to High-Quality VBR MP3's years ago. Having all the albums I want on my phone's extended storage card with the ability and ease to play them via BlueTooth or wired via Android Auto is great.
Me too....and for $24.99 a year I have access to them all, anywhere I have an internet connection. But actually, I don't even use that as much as Spotify - which has them all and more. Spotify and Waze all on screen with Apple Car Play....can't tell you the last time I actually listened to a CD and never had navigation built into the car (except a rental). But I do have a pile of old GPS units in the garage that will never get used again because I have a multiple better ones on my phone (which is a dinosaur by today's standards too).

ReddWulf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick FX4, Harley Road King Classic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can also use a USB thumb drive aka flash drive to store and play as much music as you want, much more than a tower of CD's. The Maverick has built-in USB ports, just plug in the thumb drive and go.
There's a good backup option I hadn't thought of. Keep a USB thumb drive in the center console loaded up with a bunch of music that I could just stick in and listen to if I'm traveling 'cross country in a dead spot. I kept an old iPod in my truck for same reason.....but actually never used it that much after migrating to Spotify.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it's brilliant the Maverick doesn't come with navigation that would become outdated. You will always have the latest stuff with your phone! As for cd players I haven't used those since the early 2000s.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.