sdy284

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT 2.0 FWD - Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No disrespect but I think a pickup with 29 stickers expressing Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War vet and vote this or that, moose hunter, trophy hunter, hog hunter, NRA or whatever is a tad gaudy IMO......I am OK with it, and bear zero negative vibe ...just not for me
If you have that view for the stickers described above, then the one described below should also fall in that category.

And one or more "Come and Take It" cannon decals...A Little more belligerent
Just go with your old glory & combat vet stickers & be done with it.

SHBGuerrilla

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, Cyber Orange 2.0
I've got my airborne wings pinned just above the sunglasses holder in the roof and veteran marked on my drivers license, but nothing external on my vehicle. Especially not firearm related. It just makes your vehicle and home a prime target for theft. That said, if you fancy an American or POW flag, I doubt anyone would take it too personally.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can tell a tree by the fruit that it bears. Patriotic stickers or signs of support for various beliefs is one thing. But the actions and words of a man or woman speaks volumes.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First... put whatever you want on your truck. It's your truck.

For myself, I've seen far too many "patriotic" displays on cars and t-shirts that convey the message:

"I'm patriotic and if you don't agree with me about (insert belief here) then you aren't patriotic!"

I've known many patriots over the last 72 years. They came in many different forms and held many different beliefs. Nobody has a monopoly on patriotism.

I guess what I'm saying is, there's patriotism, and then there's "I'm a patriot and you're not!" patriotism.

How to tell the difference? Well... you know it when you see it.

Sponsored

minnow

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Miata, 2007 V8 4Runner, 2019 GTI SE 6MT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think political stickers are dumb, as are gun stickers. The former paints a target on your back from both sides of the aisle, and the latter basically just says 'guns inside, come get 'em!'. If I have a sticker on any of my vehicles, it's repping a local business or it came with parts I ordered.

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Americans are the only group on Earth who have this fetish for flying their national flag, and it is a subset of Americans in particular who do it primarily. I'm not in their heads, but it sure seems like, judging by their other stickers and such, that they are telling me they are actually the "real" Americans, and when I talk to them, they often confirm it by outlining how others are doing it wrong, in their opinion. When I see someone with a flag sticker, or hat, or shirt, I stay away from them these days. And judging by how angry it makes them when the flag is combined with causes and beliefs they do not agree with, it just isn't worth it.
I'm sticking to stickers from movies, I guess.

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
Somewhere along the way, we lost the most American of traits, the ability to agree to disagree. We began taking the most ridiculous of creatures, politicians seriously. And forgot that elections are just merely popularity contests, not to be taken seriously. Given enough time any politician will inevitably disappoint us. And it seems like the only good legislation is no legislation.

In the meantime, our national deficit has grown larger, our incomes have shrunk and materialism has made us miserable. And we forgot the most basic of American values: life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The only answer that I can come up with is turning it all off, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Internet news stories, news channels, the whole lot.

I would never deface any of my vehicles with stickers. I just don’t have anything that important to say other than get the h#ll out of my way and that won’t do me any good on the back of the truck anyway b/c those folks are already out of the way, so why bother.

Last edited:

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please don't get this closed with Political BS

Asking my Texas friends advice and opinions relating to overtly displaying Patriotism on MY soon to exist Ford Maverick Truck

Background:
Drafted 1973 US Army Enlisted ,retired Jan 96 AS A Command Sargent's Major 25ish years ago
37 years married to career soldier who also retired as a CSM
DAV...Life
VFW...Life
American Legion...Life
AMVETS...Life
NRA... life
Long time Loyal Ford owner
35 years in Lampasas Texas
Transplant to Texas, from Army Brat 1955 Army hospital birth having lived ALL over this globe

Lately have NOT been displaying ANY affiliations or voting decals on our vehicles because hateful humans feel free/cool to destroy our property. They are too cowardly to accost us in a parking lot about our very overt stance on Patriotism or Constitutionally assured rights.

I have about had enough of being a wussie, and desire this new very cool truck to express my patriotic veteran and very pro 2Nd Amendment stance

No disrespect but I think a pickup with 29 stickers expressing Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War vet and vote this or that, moose hunter, trophy hunter, hog hunter, NRA or whatever is a tad gaudy IMO......I am OK with it, and bear zero negative vibe ...just not for me

So I am thinking a tad subdued but a tad in your face...example Old Glory 1776 see through back window flag...IMO benign
And one Combat Veteran decal

I Seriously welcome all ,pro or con opinions

Please don't force me to respond to every "thank you for your service" post
my response is always: It was an Honor serving, being trained to be a leader, and training future leaders... the most rewarding 42 years of my life
* you can't help doing the math and saying to your self WTF 73 to 96 isn't 42.....I was DoD GS civilian until 2012

You might guess our political affiliation and most will be surprised to be wrong....absolutely NOT LOCK STEP TO ANY PARTY...Is there a nitch group of 67 year old Neo - Libertarians..??

Constitutionalist and look at the flagged hois that the flag DE cowster stick in the stamp Maverick

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've got my airborne wings pinned just above the sunglasses holder in the roof and veteran marked on my drivers license, but nothing external on my vehicle. Especially not firearm related. It just makes your vehicle and home a prime target for theft. That said, if you fancy an American or POW flag, I doubt anyone would take it too personally.
I only roll my disabled vet tag and a small flags with all the stripe colors stating one family for the first responders and military

Sponsored

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Non Political Question IMG_20211213_141051001
. This isn't political. It's personal. It's one small way I choose to express my reverence for my country.

docsmith1511

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT LUX velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Asking my Texas friends advice and opinions relating to overtly displaying Patriotism on MY soon to exist Ford Maverick Truck

Background:
Drafted 1973 US Army Enlisted ,retired Jan 96 AS A Command Sargent's Major 25ish years ago
DAV...Life
VFW...Life
American Legion...Life
AMVETS...Life
NRA... life
Transplant to Texas, from Army Brat 1955 Army hospital birth having lived ALL over this globe

Lately have NOT been displaying ANY affiliations or voting decals on our vehicles because hateful humans feel free/cool to destroy our property. They are too cowardly to accost us in a parking lot about our very overt stance on Patriotism or Constitutionally assured rights.

I have about had enough of being a wussie, and desire this new very cool truck to express my patriotic veteran and very pro 2Nd Amendment stance

So I am thinking a tad subdued but a tad in your face...example Old Glory 1776 see through back window flag...IMO benign

my response is always: It was an Honor serving, being trained to be a leader, and training future leaders... the most rewarding 42 years of my life
* you can't help doing the math and saying to your self WTF 73 to 96 isn't 42.....I was DoD GS civilian until 2012

You might guess our political affiliation and most will be surprised to be wrong....absolutely NOT LOCK STEP TO ANY PARTY...Is there a nitch group of 67 year old Neo - Libertarians..??

I served 24 yrs in the Navy and am 3rd generation Navy Vet, I retired Nov 2020. Isn't it crazy that flying our flag indicates your political party now? That flag isn't just a flag to me, I will always display it on my vehicles, house, and many shirts I wear. I don't live in fear, and will never change my beliefs because someone may be offended. I have risked my life for their right to not agree, but I will not cower from fear of my property being vandalized. Last thought, I would never use a bumper sticker on any car... things on windows or magnets but not a sticker. Haha

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fully loaded Maverick Lariat, Harley Fat Bob
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And there it is. The cringiest thread I'll likely ever see...

Just don't show the world you're an absolute ignoramus by putting both a tHiN bLuE LiNe sticker AND a Gadsden flag sticker on your ride....

THANKS BR0HTER,

RANDY "THE TUSCALOOSA GAMBLER" JENKINS
FORK LIFT OPERATER CERTIFIED 1998
NAM 69 VET
DEB'S HUSBIND (HER 2ND DIVORCE, MY 3RD)
WALMART GREETER
EL PASO HIGH SCHOL CLASS OF 1965
PAUL MAUL SMOKER (SOMETIMES WINSTONS)
THESE COLORS DONT RUN

Captainp

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger

Background:
DAV...Life
VFW...Life
American Legion...Life
AMVETS...Life
NRA... life

* you can't help doing the math and saying to your self WTF 73 to 96 isn't 42.....I was DoD GS civilian u

My truck looks good.

Background:
DAV...Life
VFW...Life
American Legion...Life
AMVETS...Life
NRA... life

Ford Maverick Non Political Question 20210724_185438

docsmith1511

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT LUX velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_20211213_141051001.jpg
. This isn't political. It's personal. It's one small way I choose to express my reverence for my country.
I think that looks Amazing, I have been trying to see what that looks like on a velocity blue, I'm not sure it will pop as well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.